Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#401 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Watches Keilif get all up in the ogres personal space. "Hey Keilif. Let's try a softer touch. Allow me." She gently guides Keilif away from the ogre. "By the way, Aldo over there is in bad shape as well, if you're looking for more patients."

She offers the ogre some sausage, and calmly and nicely she will start asking simple 'do you understand' questions in the various languages she knows. elvish, gnome, halfling, goblin, hobgoblin, orcish, gnoll, common, dwarvish

If that fails, she suggests magic.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#402 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf will slake his thirst from the cask before refilling his skin. He'll then wander over to see how the interrogation is going, or if he'll be needed to dispatch the prisoner.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"I tried to understand the oaf last time but I took a clout for my trouble. We have three choices with him. Prisoner, servant or ghoul bait."

Krystal doesn't volunteer to look after him if we take him with us and she doesn't have the charm to placate his senses so ... what would we do if we just stumble don an ogre in the jungle. Law of the jungle, Krystal indicates a 'thumbs down' approach, (but only behind the back of the cleric of course!).

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by Storm11 »

Waes waits on the ogres reply. He continues to watch the sea cleric avidly.
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Urson »

Aldo

Aldo sits near the ogre, grooming himself- paying special attention to cleaning his paws.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#406 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 2, On The River Trail
In the drying barn clearing
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid

After being healed by the urine soaked, sour smelling priest, (+4 hit points) Ferris wonders what the group will eventually do with this monstrous ogre as he goes about keeping a watch on the 4 ways in and out of this clearing. The trails and the waterways still look clear…….so far.

Bonnie stays Keilif’s hand, suggesting that he go heal her new cat instead so she can try a softer approach on the beast. (the ogre, not Aldo) She hand feeds the bound ogre a sausage, nearly getting a finger bit off in the process. One by one the elf goes through the many languages that she knows. Her effort seems to be in vain as the dumb brute doesn’t seem to understand any of them. He continues to grunt back unintelligibly. She looks to Krystal and again suggests she uses her spell of comprehension on the monster.

Krystal decides that since the beast clubbed her the last time she got too close, she doesn’t want anything to do with trying to speak with it. She agrees with the dwarves that the thing should just be killed and dumped in the water like the last one. Franny, Waaes, Aldo, and Brufrig continue to watch the action, ready to enact any punishment that the group deems fitting. Keilif is just about to do as he is told by Bonnie until he notices Krystal’s unwillingness to use her magic to help out. He goes into another tirade, getting right up into her face about it.

“What? You got knocked down last time so now you won’t help? The ogre didn’t smash you because you were trying to say hello. It did so because you got right up into his personal space, waving his smoking bowl at him, thinking that was all you needed to do to calm him down. If you tried to steal my most prized possession from right under my nose, and then taunted me with it, I would smack you too. Now why don’t you quit acting all high and mighty and use your magic to find out what this thing is saying?”

The priest’s white wrinkled face starts to show the slightest hint of an angry red color as he turns his back on Krystal to address the others.

“If she doesn’t think that this creature could tell us anything important, then we should probably just let it go and move on further up the trail right now. We still have a few hours of daylight left, perhaps the farming fields aren’t too much further?”

Actions?

Ferris 6/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif C2 7/15 2/4 first
Aldo 2/8

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Storm11 »

Waes looks at Krystal. ”Are you sure you won’t use your magic to see what it’s saying?” If the elf is sure she won’t the Druid will quickly and as humanely as possible end it’s life with his spear, coming from behind the beast so it doesn’t see it’s fate.
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#408 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny rolls her eyes...If there was never no intention of communicating with this stinking creature, why is it still sucking air? Franny looks around and waits for someone to respond.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal
"Magic powers? oh no, I am just naturally gifted that's all!" she insists. "besides the priest has been up this trail before so the ogre isn't going to tell us what we don't know already. Some Captain Bing is about with a motley crew brewing good leaf, bad hooch and a bunch of trouble for the bone-head villagers. Let's go meet and greet him."

Krystal
will walk up the trail leaving the ogres fate to the axe heads of the others.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#410 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

heartily cheered by the renewal of his strength, he hops and skips up the path, with loaded pick-bow over his shoulder and flask of water refilled in his pouch, alongside several handfuls of fragrant weed."Say, Krystal, you seem to know this stuff? how much is this lot worth back in Saltmarsh? Maybe we keep the ogre on as the gardener and we organise some 'corporation'?" he suggests a future line of smuggling business.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie is visibly frustrated by the lack of progress and the apparent need to kill a bound prisoner. "Look. Cards on the table. I want to hear what is going on here. These huts are being used by the same group that was on the logging trail. This Ogre knows something." She looks over at the dwarves. "I suspect you know some languages I don't. Try them. Get something out of him."

She takes a breath. "If you can't, or won't, I'm claiming him as my prisoner."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Urson »

Aldo
Tanks fer tryin' to get the holy man to heal me, Bonnie. I still say dis overgrown mook needs ta die, tho.
Having groomed himself thoroughly, Aldo is settled on the roof of one of the shacks, apparently asleep.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#413 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Godsday, 23rd of Reaping

Krystal convinces the others that she has no spells to cast. Bonnie urges the dwarves to try saying something in one of their tongues, but no matter what language they try, they get only guttural grunting back from the constantly shifting ogre.

Waes gets ready to do away with the big yellow problem as Krystal and Ferris start moving from the clearing towards the trail that continues north. Ferris asks the elf lady what the projected street value of the pungent weed is, contemplating starting up a nice little smuggling business here.

The dwarves and the cat have no problem with simply killing the ogre outright, but Bonnie is having none of that. She tells the others that, if they can’t get the dumb thing to tell them something of value, she will claim it as her prisoner. The behemoth continues to struggle and shift around as he lay tied on the ground. Aldo hops up on the roof of one hut and sprawls out in the late afternoon sun.

Keilif is glad to see that at least some of the group is ready to move on, but he is not pleased with the current cooperation between the group. “A PRISONER? And just how do you suppose you are going to manage that, I wonder. The thing is five times your size, and the jungle trail isn’t exactly a king’s road. That idea is going to be more trouble than it is worth, but why would you listen to me about it?”

The priest quickly packs up his gear and starts to rush after the members heading for the trail. “I can’t understand the thing, and if Krystal isn’t willing to help, then I guess there is no choice but to move along. Do whatever you want to with the thing, just be quick about it. I think that Krystal is right about one thing. Apparently, we need to either find or at least learn a little more about this Captain Bing character.” With that, the priest stops for a second outside the hut with his back turned to the others. He finishes loading up his gear and runs off after those leaving the clearing and heading up the trail.

Actions?

On the trail:
Keilif C2 7/15 2/4 first

In the clearing:
Bonnie 6/6
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Aldo 2/8

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by Storm11 »

Waes searches the clearing for any birds near by. A friend that could scout ahead for the group, such as it is, would be a boon indeed.

If he sees one he will try and entice it down with some of his rations.

”one minute the cleric is all about saving the creatures hide, the next he’s all don’t let it live. The man’s mind is splintered. And that be dangerous! For us. Hmph he witters as he moves off along the trail, gesturing the ogre is all Bonnies.
Greys Campaign.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"Did he just take the offering bowl? or maybe some 'wacko-tobacco' to sedate his parishioners?" she offers, noticing Keiliff's actions but then rather than ignore it she whispers to Ferris, "Maybe even the priest has left some communication behind or started a fire to warn those ahead of us?" Hard to be suspicious though of someone who has just healed you up, but something fishy from the fish priest is certainly happening.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#416 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf looks at Bonnie, expectantly. And just what do ya think you're going to do with this brute? We left it alive to try and get information out of it, but we couldn't get any. Not much use for it now. We'll be happy to put it out of our misery.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#417 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"I'll keep an eye on the fellow. Perhaps ask young Bonnie if she can frisk him down and check if he is storing more than sausages beneath his cassocks" the gnome says to Krystal. for now he will lead the way on the trail, pointing his loaded bow at any furtive movements from the river or in the trees.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie seems conflicted. She really wanted a positive outcome for this situation. Eventually, she makes up her mind. Turning to Brufig, "I'm going to do something possibly foolish. I'd ask you to stay and watch my back, but you can do what you wish."

With that, she walks over to the Ogre and starts trying to converse the best she can. "No Kill. No Kill." She makes a show of putting away her sword, and showing open hands. "Give food. Friend." Bonnie offers another sausage to him. "Me Bonnie." She points to herself. "You name?" She points to the ogre.

With a big sigh, she motions to his bonds, and says "Free?"

If she gets a positive response, Bonnie will slowly remove a dagger and cut the bonds holding the feet of the ogre. :shock:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by Urson »

Aldo

The cat is a lot more alert than he appears. He rolls over to a 'sphinx' position, ready to deal death to the ogre if need be.
Gotcher back, Bonnie. Yer right- it's probly a stupid idea.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#420 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Godsday, 23rd of Reaping

As the others depart, those left in the clearing wonder what they should do with the ogre. Bonnie warns the others to stay alert as she attempts simple communication again. The brute looks at her with sad, red eyes and hold his wrists out to her when he answers.

"NO KILL! NO KILL!"

The ogre does not take the offered sausage, shaking his bulbous head and averting his gaze.

"CAP TAN BING FUD GLIKS STOLF GART! CAP TAN KILL GRONK!!!

He doesn't quite understand what the elf is trying to do, but hold his tied hands out when she looks as though she will cut him free. Once his feet are freed, he stands up calmly and holds out his wrists again.

Waes has found himself a little bird to impress. Once the druid starts cooing and whispering to the thing, it sits calmly on the roof of the hut, letting the druid continue with his incantation.

Franny, Brufrig, and Aldo are all ready to strike if Bonnie's plan turns south.

Actions?

On the trail:
Keilif C2 7/15 2/4 first

In the clearing:
Bonnie 6/6
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Aldo 2/8

Return to “Completed Missions”