It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2458
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

That's enough arguing! We all agreed to accompany Keilif to try and figure out what has happened to the village people. If we can get some sort of useful information out of the ogre, great! If not, we can kill it later. It does us no good to fight with ourselves. It's no secret that Keilif and I will never be close friends, but I think he is right. We need to do what we can to find the missing people, and this beast might be the best source of information we have found so far.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Bonnie

Bonnie walks out of the long hut carrying a wonderful smelling package. She calls out to the others

"Lunchtime! Come and get it! She walks over to the hut where Krystal is laying, and starts doling out presents to people who come by.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:23 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 161
Ferris

Hears the call of food and comes with meat cleaver in hand to chop any nice pork rib bones down to size. "What's for dinner ?" he asks searching for his last sachet of barbeque sauce.

We should wait here until Krystal can recover sufficiently to carry on.

Push the dead ogre into the river to sail him away, don't want no big critters sniffing his dead body and come calling. Ferris also dusts down the patch of ground with blood on to conceal it and studies his books to renew his artistic gifts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:50 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Bonnie

Bonnie unfurls the cheesecloth and reveals many pounds of smoked meats. "Here you go! Have a piece." She grabs a sausage and starts eating.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1136
Aldo
The oversized cat grabs a sausage and stalks away to gnaw on it- growling at anyone who gets too close.

Glad ya found us some nosh. You gonna get that goodie from Big Ugly's breeches?


When he's eaten about half of the sausage, Aldo covers the rest with a dead palm frond and lies down to lick his wounds.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 979
Franny smells the aroma of the cooked meat. She's happy to just stuff her pipe and quietly watch and listen for any unwanted guests.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 3187
Waes moves over to the cooked meats and takes a sausage, hoping it IS sausage. He will continue to watch the rotting cleric suspiciously.

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 4th level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1940
Krystal

"cough, splutter,"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Bonnie

"Ah yes! Thanks for reminding me." She carries the wrapped meats into the hut with Krystal, puts them down and checks on her fellow elf.

Convinced that the downed elf is alive, Bonnie walks back out and heads over to the unconscious ogre. While she takes stock of the large humanoid, a wry smile crosses her face. "Always a pleasure to sculpt an ogre." She murmurs to herself.

With that, the fine elven elf starts frisking the ogre and reaching around under his clothes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Day 2, On The River Trail
In the drying barn clearing
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid


Keilif ignores the sharp tongue of the druid, sticking to his meditation and prayer alone. He doesn’t actually hear the dwarf defend him, but he is glad to eventually find out that even Brufrig understands the importance of helping the natives of this place. The burly dwarf does his best to diffuse the current tension with the reclusive priest. Franny goes off alone after grabbing a handful of the pungent weeds. She spends some time alone, smoking and thinking. She watches over the clearing while the others eat and rest.

Bonnie and Aldo exit the long hut with a wide grin and take up a spot next to Krystal in her sleeping hut. The elf calls everyone around her to show them something that she has found. The group is rather amazed as the blue fingered female uncovers a huge portion of sausages, salted beef, and a shank of cured ham. She also produces a couple of glass jars sealed with a large ring of wax around the top. The first jar contains green beans and peppers, and the other has some delicious preserved peaches in it, soaked in a wonderfully sweet, sugary solution to drink.

Ferris catches sight of the chunks of meat and offers his hand in chopping the larger mass up into bite sized pieces with his handy meat cleaver. The gnome tells the group that the dead ogre carcass should be pushed into the river and floated away before something else joins in on their little dinner party. After having a few bites himself, Ferris wisely begins kicking dirt over any exposed blood pools still remaining from the battle. Even Aldo takes the elf up on her offer, grabbing a sausage and going off to eat and lick his wounds some more.

After some time passes, Waes tires of watching the suspicious wrinkled priest meditate, so he grabs a delicious sausage as well. The druid notices that the square chunks of charcoal in the tiny bronze brazier are still smoldering slowly on their own, just outside the hut. He also notices that there are no bugs anywhere near the smoke, and that most of this clearing also remains mostly free of the pesky insects.

After a few hours of rest and study, Keilif stands up near the river and stretches wide before joining the others in Krystal’s hut. The priest looks different in some way. Not so much physically, with his sour smell and white wrinkled skin, but mentally, he seems to look a bit more confident than he did before. He walks right up to Krystal and begins chanting in his now familiar tones. He lays the palm of his hand over her chest and a feint blue light, the color of the beautiful Azure Sea, begins to glow all around the priests touch. The healing effect causes Krystal’s eyes to open again slowly. (healed 6 points) Once awake, the elf sits up again as best she can on the sandy floor of the hut. She is suddenly feeling much better than she did before, with the huge lump on the top of her head now diminishing some.

With his spell completed, the light fades away again. The white faced priest asks anyone else if they could use some of his healing powers from the Sea Mother. Everyone except Waes, that is. "Ferris? It looks like you could use a little help, no? Hey! Where did all the food come from? Was somebody holding out on us?"

Happy to see her fellow elf conscious again, Bonnie also notices that her really good mood has since passed. She goes to frisk the dead ogre still lying on the ground nearby. (Ferris will need some help to drag the oaf to the shore and flush him down the river) She finds that her new talking cat friend wasn’t joking. The ogre has a tiny glass vile tucked away inside of his disgustingly smelly loincloth. The vile has a sealed stopper and contains a small amount of clear liquid. The unconscious and bound yellow ogre begins to stir slightly, letting you know that he is still there, too.

Actions?

Ferris 2/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif C2 7/15 3/4 first
Aldo 2/8


Normally I would make you rest one full night before you would level, but since Keilif is an NPC anyway..... I figured you could use the helping hand. :D
You estimate that there is about 4 hours of light left on this day, but you have no idea how much further it is to find the farming fields.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1136
Aldo

Hey, ya mook! Dere's a heroic cat ovah here wit' some sprung ribs!


Aldo wanders across the clearing around the huts, occasionally 'meowing' loudly, as if he's lost something.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2458
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

Brufrig will help push the dead ogre into the river before getting something to eat. Eventually settling down for the late afternoon repast, between bites of peppers and sausage the dwarf comments, It's so nice to be able to eat real food again! I didn't realize how quickly I'd crave a proper meal after being on this island.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 161
Ferris

"healing prayers, oh yes I'll drink to that!"the gnome says before forgetting the actual contents of his flask and spitting mouthful over the priest. He looks embarrassed and tosses the flaks into the river to float after the ogre body.

"So what do we do with the big lump?" he asks pointing at both Krystals' head and the stirring ogre."Anyone speak to him nicely to keep the pace secure for us to revisit from time to time?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1940
Krystal

the elf adjusts herself and looks at the bump in the mirror. Could have been lots worse. She thought of doping the ogre."Maybe you could check his loincloth too Bonnie, for anything extra down there?" she says while munching on a large chorito.




Krystal will help with the ogre body.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Bonnie

Bonnie examines and then stores the vial, then turns to Krystal. "Believe me, there was plenty extra down there." She says as deadpan as she can."Oh, you mean the other one. Right."

Bonnie will go over and check the hopefully still unconscious ogre. "We should really try to converse with this guy. Krystal? Are you still able to talk to him?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 3187
Waes will stand quietly by whilst the questioning crew begin to talk with the ogre. ”Before you try a spell, hasanyone trid to
Communicate in one of the tribal folks tongue, goblin, orcish, gnollen Perhaps? He may speak these more fluently than the common trade tongue.”

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 4th level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1136
Aldo

The cat growls and bristles at the ogre every time he gets close.

Speak ta him? Sure, I'll speak ta him in Ass-Kick. I speak it like a native!

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Day 2, On The River Trail
In the drying barn clearing
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid


Bonnie pockets the vial she found in the ogre’s britches and goes to the other to search it as well. Unfortunately, she finds only more large meat in this one’s shorts. The elf suggests that Krystal try speaking to the unconscious ogre, not exactly sure how the comprehension magic works.

Brufrig and Krystal help Ferris drag the dead ogre to the river, dumping his bloated body in and watching him float away towards the sea. They return to their feast of salty meats, growing thirstier with each bite they take. Keilif goes into the hut with the hole in the roof to check out the contents of the cask. He discovers that it is fresh drinking water so he has a long draw from the tin cup used as a ladle.

The priest asks again if anyone would like to be healed. Ferris gets so excited that he takes a mouthful of his own urine, subsequently spiting it all over the wrinkled faced priest’s light blue robes. Keilif jumps backwards and shakes his head as he tries to wipe it off.“Would anyone ELSE like to be healed?” he says, only half joking. Aldo the cat paws around the clearing meowing loudly from time to time.

Before Krystal begins her spell again, Waes suggests trying to speak to it in other tongues, hoping that it understands some form of goblinoid. The beast begins to shift and squirm with its hands and feet still snugly tied. It opens it eyes and starts to yell out in a deep, loud tone of incomprehensible language that none of you recognize.

Keilif rushes over to it in hopes that he will understand a few things that it says.“Who are you and why are you here? How far is it to the farming fields from here? Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?” The yellow skinned ogre just stares back at the human with a blank look in his reddened eyes. Aldo meows loudly again, with only Bonnie understanding his murderous threats.

Actions?

Ferris 2/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif C2 7/15 3/4 first
Aldo 2/8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 979
Franny freshens up at the water's edge, then quietly walks into the hut. How are we all doing today? Has the stinky Ogre given anything up yet? Franny will grab some food if any is left.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:11 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 161
Ferris

"water...? fresh rain water better than river stuff." Ferris drinks also and refills his wineskin and rum flask with proper H2O stuff.

"Do we risk leaving the ogre behind alive or charming his ego to help us in some way? Or do the cat-thing?" the gnome asks mimicking cat claws ripping a throat out. While folk decide he tours the grounds around the huts and checks no one is coming down the river trail.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group