Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#361 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie lets out a little yelp as she watches Krystal get thumped. "Oh! She didn't see that coming at all! One punch man in the fight!"

"HEY! BIG MAN! UP HERE! WE TALK HERB!"
Bonnie waves her arms to get the Ogres attention.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#362 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesundet

Seeing the ogre attack Krystal, Brufrig springs into action. Knowing Keilif does not wish the ogre to be killed, he uses the flat of his blade in an attempt to render it unconscious.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#363 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny reacts quickly by smashing the Ogre as he attacks her comrade. Oh no you don't!!! I ain't gonna sit here and question no stupid Ogre!! Whoever or whatever it is, lies up that trail!!!!
Franny takes another swing at the smelly Ogre flesh.
Last edited by Hotgoblin on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Urson »

Aldo

Still intent on murder, Aldo bunches and springs, ready to claw and bite.

[1d20] = 19
[1d20] = 17
[1d20] = 3

[1d2] = 1
[1d2] = 1
Teach you ta disrespect a member of the Brothers of the Silver Kris!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#365 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Surprised at the ferocity of the ogre, Ferris has little choice but to help step in, firing off his bolt.

ferris crossbow [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 bolt damage [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#366 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 2, On The River Trail
Rumble In The Jungle: Round 6
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Midday, Hot, Very Humid

Krystal lies unconscious in the dirt at the feet of the stoned yellow ogre as it grabs at his precious bronze bowl. The brute ignores the attacks of the others initially, far more concerned about his shiny vessel and its 4 still smoldering square chunks of black, fragrant charcoal. Bonnie chortles from her perch, hoping to distract the ogre who is currently paying her no heed whatsoever.

Waes takes his attack as the beast is turned, and then another when it spins back around. Neither spear thrust is able to penetrate its thick hide. Brufrig doesn’t take advantage of the extra attack, preferring to try to keep the sour cleric happy. He tries to hit it with the flat of his blade, but it doesn’t seem to have much effect. Franny and Ferris are having nothing to do with subdual. Ferris fires and hits the thing in the shoulder with a crossbow bolt. Franny whacks at it twice, hitting it hard, but not hard enough to bring the monster down. Aldo is beaten, but not out of the fight. He leaps up onto the things stinky jungle underpants and begins clawing and scratching with murderous intent.

The wrinkled faced Keilif becomes furious that he is being ignored by most of the group again. He rushes up to the ogre, trying to defend it before it is killed outright. As a reward for his foolishness, the startled and confused ogre hammers him on the top of his head with a hard blow from its only empty hand. 6 dam The brute cuddles the bowl close to his chest as if he is holding a baby before bellowing out loudly. “NO KILL!!! NO KILL!!!” Bleeding badly now, the monster looks to be nearly spent.

Actions!

Ferris 2/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 6/6 (Serenity)
Krystal -2/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first (Unconscious)
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif 1/9 0/3 first
Aldo 2/8

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Still grinning from ear to ear, Bonnie shouts once again: "AND DOWN GOES OGRE! HE TAPS OUT! IT'S OVER!"

"But wait! Will the valiant heroes finish the cowering brute? Will they succumb to MURDER????!" Bonnie puts her hand over her mouth in an expression of shock.

"This has just gotten interesting!"

Bonnie hops down and walks over to the fight.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#368 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

we need the cleric to cast some healing on to Krystal don't we, so Ferris will drag the elf clear of the melee., calling for Keiliff to desist from attacking the ogre further.

He points to the ogre,"okay, you keepy that dishy (pointing to the ornate bowl) and we keepy this dishy!" (pointing to the fey elf).

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Storm11 »

Waes tries to dodge around the annoying cleric and tries to smack the ogre out cold with the haft of his spear but as usual he misses.

To Keliff he yells ”You are beginning to get onmky last nerve acolyte. If you aren’t going to be of use his quest hen either just die or piss off back to the town. Get in the way again and I shall finish you off myself. Do you understand?”
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Urson »

Aldo
No kill, huh? How's dis for no kill?
[1d20] = 14
[1d20] = 1 ooops!

Aldo slashes at the ogre again, losing his grip and falling... Plus whatever horrors OM decides to inflict due to the crit fail

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#371 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Still attempting to subdue the ogre, Brufrig again smacks it with the flat of the blade.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Hotgoblin

#372 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny scowls at the stinking Ogre for whacking Kelif.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#373 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rumble In The Jungle: Round 7
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Midday, Hot, Very Humid

Ferris notices the melee of chaos that is brewing and decides to try to drag Krystal's prone form away from the heavy foot falls. He tries to schmooze the beast to simply take his bowl and leave them be. Aldo keeps clawing at the yellow skinned brute. He gets a little overzealous with his threats while he scratches and ends up toppling down the mountainous monster, barely making it back to the bottom without being swatted at again. Of course, he lands perfectly on his feet when he hits the ground.

Bonnie enjoys announcing the blow by blow action, wondering how far her new friends will take this. She hops off the hut and rejoins the group as they chop away at the large enemy. Keilif looks confused about being attacked for trying to save the dumb ogres life. He steps away from the monster after being belittled again by Waes. The cleric gives the druid a stern look and pulls out a scrap of paper and a charcoal pencil. "How do you spell Reyes"? he asks the hot tempered nature priest.

Weas misses again with his spear while Franny hacks another gory gash into the things side. As the monster keels over in pain, Brufrig step up to finish it off. He swacks at the things head with the side of his wide blade, knocking the ogre to the ground, unconscious and bleeding out badly. The bronze bowl topples over in the dirt, scattering the 4 smoldering cubes of black coal. Keilif rushes back into the action, trying to staunch the heaviest of the bleeding wounds before the thing dies. He continues whining. "This is just great! I have no more healing prayers until the morning. That means we wont be able to get any information out of this dummy until after we rest again. What are we supposed to do in the meantime?"

Actions?

Bonnie 6/6 (Serenity)
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Keilif 1/9 0/3 first
Aldo 2/8

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

As she watches the Ogre fall unconscious, Bonnie spots the charcoal falling to the ground. She walks over and carefully puts the charcoal back in the pot, and sits the pot back upright. "Ah. That's better. No sense in wasting it."

She stops and looks at the group, a slight glimmer of awareness washes over her face but is fleeting. "That was very exciting! It was close there for a while. Excellent work and nice fight!"

Bonnie turns to Keilif. "Uh. We do what everyone should do after a fight. Eat and rest."

She starts walking to the long hut she was in earlier, turns and calls to whoever is listening. "Help me with this, huh? I'm hungry and it will go faster with help."

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#375 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"Okay so we pick a hut and at least watch through the evening over the elf girl making sure she is stabilised." For some reason he mixes Kristallnacht with a softly hummed version of 'Silent Night'.

He will set a straw mattress or rough cot in the third hut that wasn't explored and fancies we should set a guard watch and someone to make lunch.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Storm11 »

Waes stalks over to Keliff and lifts his spear at the wounded cleric. ”You would risk our lives again to save these evil monsters, who nearly killed Krystal. Once upon the road to the logging camp you took the side of those threatening to kill us, and now the ogres as well. What god do you worship that would encourage this behaviour, no god of justice or goodness. Your actions are reprehensible and look very much like they are trying to get us killed. Are you some sort of double agent? Your actions mark you as someone not to be trusted. I for one will be happy to be well rid of your presence. Would that I had progressed enough in my druidry to be able to call upon the healing powers of nature so we would need you not. I am watching you you little traitor. One more wrong move and I swear it will come to blows. Do you understand?”

With that he moves over to Krystal and helps lift her into a hut and makes her comfortable, binding her wounds as well. If he can Waes will encourage the burning of the smoke around, but not in, the hut in which the group plans to rest up.

True to his word, the half-elf will watch the snake like cleric carefully, with open animosity.
Last edited by Storm11 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin

#377 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny is taken aback by Waess' words, but he may be right. She goes to the waters edge to clean the Ogre's blood spatter off her. She will take some sticky leaves for her pipe, but will refrain from burning one at this time.I will take watch, you never who or what will be stopping by! She walks the perimeter of the camp to find the best vantage point for her watch duty.
Last edited by Hotgoblin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Urson »

Aldo

The big cat glares at the ogre again, tail lashing and eyes narrowed. Then he turns away, limping toward Bonnie.
Fer two pins, I'd finish ya off right here, ya barstid!

Heya, Bonnie! The lummox has somethin' metal in his britches! Might be somethin' we can use, ya know?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#379 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In the drying barn clearing
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Early Afternoon, Hot, Very Humid

Bonnie walks right past the unconscious Krystal to set the fancy bowl back upright again. She uses her gloved hands to flick the burning squares of charcoal back into the bowl. Even in her much happier state of mind, she starts to notice that there are no insects flying around or anywhere near the burning bowl. She turns to go straight for the long barn that she was in earlier, asking for help along the way. Aldo the cat struts around meowing at Bonnie again something about hearing something clink in the ogres britches. He hears the elf call to him from inside the long hut. "Hey Aldo. Nice fighting out there. Come on in, I'm just about to get this open."

Franny also ignores the prone elf, going to the river to wash and then heading into the barn to help herself to some of the herbs in the cut open bail. She sees Bonnie in there scraping dirt away from something that must be buried. She excuses herself and begins walking the perimeter of the clearing to find a good watch point.

Ferris goes into one of the smaller huts with the roof still intact. He starts making a place for the unconscious elf to lay out the day and night now that the group seems satisfied to rest and eat the day away here. There is no material to make a bed from, unless the thatch from one of the huts is dismantled. He piles the sand as comfortably as he can and lays Krystal down in the relative safety of the hut. Then the hungry gnome starts thinking about lunch.

Keilif pulls out some strong cord and begins binding the hands and feet of the huge ogre as Waes starts giving him the tongue thrashing of his life. The priest doesn't seem too bothered by the tirade until the strong minded druid gets to the part about not needing him anymore. The sour smelling, wrinkled white faced priest responds calmly to the harsh words in his own way.

"First of all, what the heck is a double agent? I don't even know what that means. Secondly, if you don't like your current company, then just go ahead and leave now. You should be able to find your way back through the jungle alone, right? What with you being a child of nature and all? You could make it back to town in what........2 days?"

"Your threats don't mean diddly shit to me, and I don't appreciate you showing disrespect to the Sea Mother either as I am certain that it is her will that we are even out here in the first place. If you want to attack a man of the cloth right in front of his peers, you go right ahead and take your best shot. My friends here will strike you down before I even feel the pain of your blow."

"Let's get something straight right now. I am not out here to help YOU. The only reason I am here is to find my friends and figure out what has happened to the tribes of natives that used to populate this area. Once that is done, you can be rid of me for good. Until then, keep your threats to yourself! You can watch me all you want, but the others don't need to hear your delusional accusations."

With that, Waes goes to help Ferris get Krystal situated, moving the slowly smoking brazier closer to her hut to keep the bugs at bay. Whatever is burning in the bowl seems to be doing a great job of deterring the insects that are normally everywhere. If it wasn't for all the danger around every corner, this bug free clearing might actually be a pleasant place to stay for a while. Keilif finishes binding the ogre tightly and goes off by himself to pray by the river. "I feel a little different for some reason, and I don't think it is because of my........condition. I must commune with Shielil to see if she can continue to guide our steps along this perilous journey."

Waes watches the priest very closely. Much to his chagrin, the priest is really only out there praying. After a while, the priest goes into a sort of trance-like state, his eyes rolling back into his head as he chants to the Sea Mother. Eventually, the man collects some brush from the jungles edge and starts filling the discarded clothing to make a practice dummy to spar with. It looks like the peculiar priest is doing some training exercises as the druid scrutinizes his every move.

Actions?

Bonnie 6/6 (Serenity)
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Keilif 1/9 0/3 first
Aldo 2/8

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Storm11 »

Once Krystal is settled and her wounds cleaned and bound the Druid will keep a very watchful eye on the sea priest. He will sit at the opening watching the treacherous old farts every move.
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Completed Missions”