Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#301 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"Okay kitty lets' have a sniff around the skiffs!" says the gnome and he stalks in imitation cat style to the first of the beached river boats.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Urson »

Aldo

Aldo walks casually into this collection of buildings, sniffing around. He finds a small patch of shade near one of the long huts and settles down, grooming himself.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#303 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Crossbow at the ready, Brufrig will keep a careful eye out for anyone- or anything- living, dead, or undead. He will slowly and cautiously move forward, trying to stay hidden by the long huts as best he is able.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#304 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 2, On The River Trail
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Midday, Very Humid, Buggy

Keilif looks upon the scratched arm of Ferris, wishing he could do something to help the little scrapper. After watching the gnomes method of disinfection, he gasps audibly. He stays on the trail with Waes and Franny, covering the party's retreat in case the others find trouble. He doesn't like the sound of the snoring noises, but he figures a sleeping enemy should be less deadly than one who is awake, right?

Ferris takes off for the bamboo rafts, calling Aldo to come along. The cat ignores him of course, and finds a shady spot to lick himself instead. Ferris finds a small pile of men's clothing on one raft. He sorts through it and finds 2 pair of pantaloons, two puffy shirts, 2 pair of boots, and 2 pair of wool socks, (very smelly) He also finds 2 belts with empty dagger sheaths and a pair of short swords under the main pile. From his current vantage point, he can still hear the loud snoring, but cant see where it is coming from. The skiffs all look to be in good working order.

The 2 elf ladies move up to the huts and Krystal disappears inside the first one. Bonnie watches as she vanishes into the dimly lit storage barn. After a few seconds, she hears Krystal call for her and wave for her to also enter.

Brufrig creeps up in between the barns with his crossbow at the ready, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sleeper. The snoring noise continues and gets even louder the further he moves forward, but he cant spot anything on the other side of the barns yet.

Actions?

Can I get a normal Wisdom check from Bru and Bonnie, please?

Ferris 2/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first
Aldo 8/8

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#305 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

takes a short sword for his armoury. The clothes obviously he thinks belongs to the two men we scared away earlier. How large are the skiffs? As a party could we fit into two of them or three? Ferris will assess the water current, we don't want to be launched downstream but the men here must still punt upstream, probably faster than walking?

Ferris checks the two skiffs on the river bank edge, making sure punts are inside and they look 'seaworthy'.

Scott308

#306 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf creeps forward between the huts, looking for whoever is snoring- or anyone NOT snoring, for that matter.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#307 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny listens and keeps watch along the perimeter, ready to charge if need be.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#308 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Godsday, 23rd of Reaping

Ferris digs through the pile of men’s garments and pockets one of the normal looking short swords hidden underneath the discarded clothing. The skilled gnome guesses that the bamboo skiffs are about 4 feet wide and 10 feet long. He estimates that they could hold around 4 average sized humans and still stay afloat. They look sound enough for use and have a long rope tied in a loop at one end. He also sees plenty of tracks in the wet mud along the river bank. The footprints lead off in both directions, up and down the rivers edge. Some of the tracks are booted, but most are made from bare human feet. Aldo remains in the shade nearby, batting away flies and still licking himself with fervor. Waes, Franny and Keilif stay put near the river trail, waiting for the scouts to acknowledge if they have found something significant.

Bonnie and Krystal move to the far end of the first building, using the walls as cover. They find a few large bundles of some kind of plant material that is giving off a pungent odor of skunk musk. At the same time, Brufrig advances further between the two storage huts with his crossbow at the ready. All three get to the end of the buildings at the same time and can now see that the river trail they have been following continues along the river towards the north. They are also able to discern where the snoring noise is coming from.

There are three normal sized thatch huts in this clearing beyond the 2 larger ones. These smaller huts look just like the many others that you have already encountered so far. One big difference is that you can see a rather large pair of bare yellowish legs sticking out of the doorway of one hut. The legs end in huge, deformed yellow feet and the loud snoring is definitely coming from inside of this occupied hut. There is also another large brutish humanoid figure squatting over the pair of legs, apparently rubbing them with a long, thin fern leaf. The squatting creature is dressed very primitively, wearing only filthy matted animal hides tied together as a makeshift leotard. It has the size and proportions of a common mainland ogre, but it wears no armor and doesn’t appear to have any weapons on it either.

This figure currently has its back to the long huts and it doesn’t look as though it even knows that it is about to have visitors. It continues rubbing the fern on the other creature’s legs and feet as it mumbles quietly in a low, garbled tone, almost as if it is trying to sing something. There is a thick cloud of hazy smoke that billows out of the hut and floats lightly on the air around that area. Krystal is reminded of her earlier years as a smuggler and thinks she knows exactly what is making the pungent smelling smoke.

Actions?

positions:
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG (593.92 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Bonnie 6/6
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first
Aldo 8/8

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#309 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

well what do we want to do? Kill everyone in the village and take over? sneak around the perimeter and carry on unseen?

Ferris muses the groups actions. He signals for the three amigos' Keiliff, Wes and Franny to join him by the skiffs."Push two in the water, hole the others and punt as quick as we can up river."he suggests, and starts to tug the third one into the river, ready to launch.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

will fill her backpack with handfuls of cut leaf from one of the bundles if they are too big to carry."Did I say smuggling, oh no I meant student days..."she whispers to Bonnie and helps herself as the clerics directed "God helps those who help themselves!".

When she has enough, Krystal will exit back through the long hut, leaving the ogre to massage the yellow feet undisturbed.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Storm11 »

Wes follows the gnomes advice and moves quietly to the skiffs. Whats your idea? he whispers
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Knowing a good idea when she sees one, Bonnie grabs some leaves as well.

Hotgoblin

#313 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny helps push the skiffs into the water and waits for the female elves. She'll Wave them in, so they can ride with her.
Last edited by Hotgoblin on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott308

#314 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Keeping his crossbow ready just in case, Brufrig will quietly back away and join the others by the river. Two really big guys over there, they don't know we're here yet. I don't think we should mess with them.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#315 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Godsday, 23rd of Reaping

Having no idea that there are dangerous monsters only a few yards away, Ferris takes charge at the river. He calls for the others to join him as he starts pushing the skiffs into the rushing water. Franny joins him and unquestionably does as she is told, pushing the first skiff into the water, letting it float away in the current. Aldo sneezes and continues to groom himself in the shade of the hut.

Waes joins them as well, but he seems less confident in the gnome’s intentions. He asks what Ferris has planned before pushing any more of the bamboo rafts into the river. The gnome hops into the shallow edge of the water where he spotted all the footprints and starts slowly pulling one of the rafts up stream. Keilif shakes his head in wonderment at the gnome’s actions, wondering why he thinks it a good idea to mess with the skiffs. He instead starts following behind Brufrig, walking in between the 2 long huts to see what the others have found.

Bonnie and Krystal know a good opportunity when they see one. Each of them starts grabbing handfuls of the freshly cut leaf and buds from the burlap bundles. The three bundles are the size of large chests, so they help themselves without thinking about any consequences. The herbs are even more pungent once they are torn apart and exposed to the air, covering Krystal’s hands and Bonnie’s gloves with a fine crystalline residue that is too sticky to rub off easily.

Those who can see the 2 large smoky yellow ogres decide that it might be best to simply leave them alone if possible. Brufrig turns to see Keilif coming up behind him. He begins walking away from the ogres with all of the tact and secrecy of any other tip toeing dwarf in metal armor who is carrying around everything but the kitchen sink. His ability to move silently fails miserably as he snaps a twig under his foot and his armor and weapons clank around softly over the normal din of the jungle and the rushing water.

The squatting yellow ogre stands and slowly turns itself towards the long huts. He kicks the legs of the other monster, rousing a loud grumble that quickly turns into a violent coughing fit. The primitive looking ogre starts wobbling towards the large storage huts, shouting something behind him in a strange dialect that none of you have ever heard before.

Actions?

positions:
IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG (572.81 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Bonnie 6/6
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first
Aldo 8/8

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Urson »

Aldo

*yawn- stretch* Aldo heads toward Bonnie and the others, calmly and in no particular hurry.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"Drat the dwarf, clunking about. No finesse those fellows. That ogre is coming along. I say if he follows Brufrig and the cleric it gives us an opportunity to sneak away or even if it turns messy to sneak to the snorer and put that one to sleep for good.", Krystal whispers to Bonnie and slinks back in the shadows of the long hut. She waits for the ogre to take his path and if he chases the other pair then Krystal will sneak away.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"Not everyone is as graceful as we, dear Krystal. I dare say it makes us even more special." Bonnie whispers and winks at her fellow elf, waiting for the walking ogre to clear the long hut.

Once he clears the hut, Bonnie will dart out and over to behind the eastern? most round hut.

Scott308

#319 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Realizing he'll never outrun the ogres, Brufrig goes on the offensive. Firing at the ogre, he yells, Take that, you son-of-a-bitch! hoping the others can hear him. To Keilif, Go! No point in all of us dying. I'll hold them off as long as I can. The dwarf readies his halberd as he prepares to make his final stand.

Hotgoblin

#320 Post by Hotgoblin »

If Franny can hear Brufrg's shouting, she'll go to his aid. She calls to Waes and Ferris, Sounds like the shite is hitting the dirt, we gotta help them!!! She lets the skiff go and heads over to help.

Return to “Completed Missions”