AFK or Unable to Post

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

AFK or Unable to Post

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lets post our vacations and or other related excused absences here so they don't get lost in the OOC thread.

Thanks!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: AFK or Unable to Post

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:Okay! Spring Break! Whoo Hoo!!! Off work for almost a week. I will be posting today and tomorrow, but Wednesday through Sunday will be hit or miss. DM, please feel free to NPC my character during the later part of the week as you deem necessary. I leave it at your personal discretion.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No problem BH!

I myself will also likely be posting much less frequently between Wednesday and Sunday.

Not for anything cool like spring break, I'm just going to a little gaming convention called GARYCON!!!!!!!!!! :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I don't have it listed as an official game in the program, but I might run it for some friends off the grid one night.

I am not a big fan of the way this particular con is run and I HATE the way they do registration for games, so I usually don't run games there.

I did run my Shire game 2 different times now at other local cons though, and it went quite well. Thanks again for playtesting it with me.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#6 Post by Scott308 »

I too will be at Gary Con, where I'm sure I'll run into Rob (Ogre Mage) at some point.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

For my part, I'll be at Whos-Yer-Con March 31-April 2. I'll post a full after-action review when I get back to regular posting.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Spearmint »

big apologises, seems the libraries UK wide had systems tweaks and took away folks ability to use the fourm which comes under 'personal blogs' sites. had to wait until their adjust,ments made, sincere apologises spearmint, (and probably a few others in the uk who game on city wide free services!).

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wow, never heard of that one before. Sounds......horrible. :D

That would explain why we haven't heard from either you or BT in a few days, then.

Thanks for letting me know!!! Glad you are still around.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

People say that it is good to get back to your roots every now and again. :D

So, I will soon be making my annual pilgrimage down to the promised land in Lake Geneva Wisconsin.The very place where every one of these games that we all love so much originated.

That's right.......it is time once again for GARYCON!!!

I will still post if and when I get the time, but my usual rate will be considerably less than normal for the next 5 days or so.

I will be back once the excitement (and the brainfuzz from all the Spotted Cow) wears off. :lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Jernau35 »

Have a great time at GaryCon everyone! I'm totally NOT jealous AT ALL and the reason I'm hitting my keyboard so hard IS BECAUSE I WANT TO! :evil:

Have fun! :D
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Urson wrote:For my part, I'll be at Whos-Yer-Con March 31-April 2. I'll post a full after-action review when I get back to regular posting.
I played in a couple of You Too Can Cthulhu games this past weekend (and one at Gary Con last year) and that's their home con. If you like Cthulhu, I highly recommend their games. They have a couple people run them, acting out different NPCs, sometimes with audio and visual. Lots of fun! Either way, I'm sure you'll have a good time no matter what you are playing.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: I'm totally NOT jealous AT ALL and the reason I'm hitting my keyboard so hard IS BECAUSE I WANT TO! :evil:
:lol:

It wasn't much. (that's a lie, it was awesome)

I don't even think Scott was really there. (I only saw him once for about 5 minutes because he is so busy)

I was able to learn quite a bit about this ChubbyPixie guy though....... (shudders) :D

Scott308

#15 Post by Scott308 »

I was there! I ended up running 12 hours of AL games, including finding out at 8:05 pm that I was needed to run the epic Saturday night, a take on Keep on the Borderlands that was scheduled to start at 8! We were sold out for that one- 18 tables, all with 7 players, and it was lots of fun. It didn't help that I played two games of CoC that were in the Westgate rooms, which were almost in another zip code. They were past the 2100 rooms, so two buildings away. Long hike when that game ended at 4 and I was running a game back in the basement at 4. I was pretty wiped out by the end. Getting to bed at 2 and setting my alarm for 5:15 is not something I would endorse, but I'll do it again next year!

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by ChubbyPixie »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
Jernau35 wrote: I'm totally NOT jealous AT ALL and the reason I'm hitting my keyboard so hard IS BECAUSE I WANT TO! :evil:

I don't even think Scott was really there. (I only saw him once for about 5 minutes because he is so busy)

I was able to learn quite a bit about this ChubbyPixie guy though....... (shudders) :D
In my defense I was super, super drunk the whole time. :)
A great GaryCon. I got to play in an MCC game (with Hotgoblin) run by Jim Wampler. That was cool. Though I'm not sure if we won or lost... And I did jump into a 5e KotB game in the basement (one of the short ones leading up to the epic game) but didn't see Scott at all. Which leads me to ask... was he really there?!! ;)

Scott308

#17 Post by Scott308 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:

In my defense I was super, super drunk the whole time. :)
A great GaryCon. I got to play in an MCC game (with Hotgoblin) run by Jim Wampler. That was cool. Though I'm not sure if we won or lost... And I did jump into a 5e KotB game in the basement (one of the short ones leading up to the epic game) but didn't see Scott at all. Which leads me to ask... was he really there?!! ;)
Which Cave did you go through, and when did you play it? I spent an average of 8 hours a day locked in the dungeon (basement), including 10 hours on Saturday chained to a table, subsisting on bread and water, running Keep.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Scott308 wrote: Which Cave did you go through, and when did you play it? I spent an average of 8 hours a day locked in the dungeon (basement), including 10 hours on Saturday chained to a table, subsisting on bread and water, running Keep.
The one with the non-roleplaying gnolls? It was Saturday around 2:00, I think.

Scott308

#19 Post by Scott308 »

I didn't run that one. I ran kobolds, orcs, and...bugbears, I believe it was. You were down there the only time I wasn't. I played Cthulhu from noon-4.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Inferno »

Hi. I'm away for Easter. Back on Tuesday.
If needed, please play Jack as an NPC to keep things moving.

Orders:
The lost boy will keep on fighting. He has a Sleep spell, but won't risk casting it in a melee unless he's down to 2 hit points.
If he can beat these guys, he'll run back toward Krystal to help her (did I mention he has an 8 Wisdom?)
If this happens, and he sees the gourd goblins at a distance, then he will fire arrows at them (if there are 5 or less) or cast Sleep on them (if there are 6 or more.) If there are more than 20 and they don't see him, he will remain hidden. If there are more than 20, and they see him, he will run or cast Sleep, depending.
If he encounters them at close range, then it's back to the sword and dagger.
If Krystal gets caught in the Sleep spell, he'll wake her up. If he saves Krystal, he'll try to save Luther and Monocar.
I hope that's clear.
Thrilling adventure at last! ;)

Have a good weekend, everyone.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun