Hi-Lo (mercantile)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Hi-Lo

#101 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mr. Nehru is already on the steps locking his door when Brufrig and the Mountain drag the dead body of his nephew to the back of the Hi-Lo. He starts talking without even looking at the dead man.

"What's all this about robbing and bandits? We don't have anything like that happening here."

When he finally looks down, his eyes start to glaze over and tears begin to run down his cheeks. He continues talking through his sobs.

"Oh no you didn't. Not here too? Well that didn't take very long at all. I was hoping that this place might teach the young idiot a life lesson and all I did was get him killed instead."

The man wipes the wetness from his face and continues once he regains his composure.

"This is.....or I should say was indeed my nephew. He was a trouble maker on the mainland, so I guess I am not surprised to find him attempting the same stupid things out here. Tell me gentle man and gentle dwarf.......how did he die exactly? You say he was trying to rob you? He liked to bully people on the mainland, always trying to forcefully take things from the honest, hard working people because he was too lazy to learn a trade of his own. But I didn't think he would try something like that out here with all of the dangers around. Did he really physically attack you guys? That seems really stupid, even for him."

He gets a confused look on his face as if noticing something strange for the first time.

"And......why is he wearing a dress?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Speaks up suddenly. "We were coming down the trail and your nephew here was acting as a decoy, pretending to be an old lady in trouble. When we got close he and his two friends tried to jump us. We fought back and defended ourselves. It was 7 to 3, but we didn't know if there were more hiding to ambush us. Once we realized they were bluffing, it was too late."
Id: Blinks. "Huh?"

Cherub: Huh....

Imp: Hm... Well, that works.

A cage appears in the middle of Monocar's mind and Cherub and Imp looks a little stronger than before.

Id: looks from them to the cage. "Uh oh..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#103 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nehru stares at the ghastly wound on his dead nephew.

"Too late you say? That is unfortunate. As I said, this foolish boy was doomed to fail and I had a feeling that bringing him here on the ships was a mistake. And here I thought I was helping him out......"

He looks around at Krystal, Brufrig, and Monocar, not sure what else there is to say about it.

"Leave his body inside here then. I will make arrangements for his burial in the morning. He isn't the first to die unnecessarily out here and I am guessing that he wont be the last."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#105 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf listens to Nehru finish speaking. As Monocar brings the body inside, the dwarf hesitates as if he has something to say, but remains silent. He turns and walks away. After about 25 feet or so, he turns and looks back, hesitating once more, before walking away for real this time.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

The next morning, Monocar, now wearing a pair of loaned pants from Luther, heads back to the Hi-Lo to see Nalissa about trading the leathers, clothes, and one of the short swords he took from the Granny Dress Gang yesterday.

Walking inside he takes a breath and makes an effort to look casual. It comes a lot easier after a nights sleep in Luther's shak. "Good morning. I've got some stuff here I'd like to use for trade. Looking for an axe, a backpack, and anything foodwise. Pants or a boot in my size?"

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

The little gnome walks into the Hi-Lo store seeing several folk milling around. Some engage the boss man Nehru while others trade.

Seeing the man mountain Monocar the gnome taps him on the knee caps,"Excuse me big fellow, an axe, a pack and food? Sounds like you be an adventurous adventurer seeking some adventure? And some clothes? Well the natives up the river don't wear many so you can blend in quite well, save your having some pale skin and all, might get a little lobster red in the sun. Still those there darkie fellows are wandering the jungle starved and chained and meat for the ghouls that creep out the river. I be wondering if you fancy joining me and a proud axe maiden and two righteous clerics of nature and god to seek some Shiny gems and do some good in the process? We leave in an hour!"

If Lightfinger and Krystal are present too he will address them also."We could use all skills, noble and sly. Equal share and equal fame for anything we discover. There be caves by the river mouth too that need exploring, native ju-ju to uncover and quite a few bare-breasted maidens looking for hero types. Interested, we leave in 59 minutes!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#108 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:Monocar

The next morning, Monocar, heads back to the Hi-Lo to see Nalissa about trading the leathers, clothes, and one of the short swords. "Good morning. I've got some stuff here I'd like to use for trade. Looking for an axe, a backpack, and anything foodwise. Pants or a boot in my size?"
Nalissa greets the Mountain.

"Hello again, big guy. Nice to see you still around the place, though you look like you had one hell of a time out there. Not much call for tattered leathers and clothes with arrow holes and blood stains in em I'm afraid. I got piles of clothes back there that people got killed in. In fact, a few of the crazies from town here have taken to following small groups of you guys around, just so they can scavenge the bodies after they get killed. You believe that? I guess they gotta eat somehow. Tell you what, I ordered a full barrel of wood axes for those slimy loggers, and they haven't bothered to come in and get them yet. Now I'm hearing folks saying that the loggers are all gone? Since I don't want to get stuck with 50 axes, I will trade you one of them for the whole bunch here. Deal?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote:

The next morning, Monocar, heads back to the Hi-Lo to see Nalissa about trading the leathers, clothes, and one of the short swords. "Good morning. I've got some stuff here I'd like to use for trade. Looking for an axe, a backpack, and anything foodwise. Pants or a boot in my size?"
Nalissa greets the Mountain.

"Hello again, big guy. Nice to see you still around the place, though you look like you had one hell of a time out there. Not much call for tattered leathers and clothes with arrow holes and blood stains in em I'm afraid. I got piles of clothes back there that people got killed in. In fact, a few of the crazies from town here have taken to following small groups of you guys around, just so they can scavenge the bodies after they get killed. You believe that? I guess they gotta eat somehow. Tell you what, I ordered a full barrel of wood axes for those slimy loggers, and they haven't bothered to come in and get them yet. Now I'm hearing folks saying that the loggers are all gone? Since I don't want to get stuck with 50 axes, I will trade you one of them for the whole bunch here. Deal?"
Monocar

Nods. "Deal. You suppose I can have a look at that pile of clothes? I'd almost kill for a boot that fit or a pair of pants that weren't on loan. I'll even help you stock these where they need to go." he picks up the bundles and boots offering her the first genuine smiles he's given since waking up yesterday.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger strolls in, smiling comfortably.

The Hi-Lo is exceedingly busy at the moment, so the Halfing makes polite conversation.
"We could use all skills, noble and sly. Equal share and equal fame for anything we discover.
You do us quite the honor, dear Festus, He bows slightly, But our way is on the trail of those Monkoons! New intelligence has been recently gleaned regarding their proximity and encounters. He gives the Gnome a sly wink. Sounds safer than being eaten by dead fish-men.

Patiently waiting until Nalissa finishes engaging customers, Lightfinger then casually strolls over with that knowing smile (Tho he does limp slightly, and a dramatic pained expression mars his pleasant demeanor). He doesn't stop stepping, just sidles to the counter close to the large, unattractive clerk and whispers, Harold?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#112 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nods. "Deal. You suppose I can have a look at that pile of clothes? I'd almost kill for a boot that fit or a pair of pants that weren't on loan. I'll even help you stock these where they need to go." he picks up the bundles and boots offering her the first genuine smiles he's given since waking up yesterday.
"Look all you want, but there is nothing here in your size. You're a bit larger than the average person you know. Though, I did see a guy that came ashore yesterday that was even bigger than you. Maybe he has extra boots? I could order you some, but they will take a while to arrive."

"We do have some backpacks, but they cost 10 gold."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#113 Post by OGRE MAGE »

tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger Harold?
"Well hello again short and cute. I am very glad to see you still walking, though you seem to have seen better days as well."

"Sorry, I haven't seen Harold since you first asked about him. It's not unusual for people to go missing around here though."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
"Look all you want, but there is nothing here in your size. You're a bit larger than the average person you know. Though, I did see a guy that came ashore yesterday that was even bigger than you. Maybe he has extra boots? I could order you some, but they will take a while to arrive."

"We do have some backpacks, but they cost 10 gold."
Winces at ten gold. He nods helps her put away thr bundles he traded, picks an axe out of the barrel and takes his leave, thanking her.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger shows his dimples and winks.

He keeps moving, giving Nalissa the eyeroll towards Krystal, then the universal sign for secret; a single finger to pursed lips.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

"Yes, I hear this Harold is a mage of sorts? Do you know how I may get a message to him? Lightfinger insists he might even seek me out first, he must have some instinctive intuition then? she says to Nalissa before turning to the gnome who came skipping in.

"Ha little Ferret isn't it? Another excursions beyond the bounds, how many days do you plan to be away. I was hoping to meet with the settlement old sage but if he is indisposed I could offer my 'skills', little as they are.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#117 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nalissa smiles at Krystal and answers.

"If the little fella said it, it must be true. I don't actually know much about the man, really. He does look a lot like a wizard should, though. I will tell old weird Harold that he has some people looking for him the next time he comes in. That is the best I can do right now, I'm afraid."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Continued from "Friends with the Monkoons."
Chauncey looks for any sort of message board where he can tack up his "No Tree Cutting" sign. Failing that, he'll ask for a nail to post it next to the door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#119 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chauncey does indeed find a small message board posted outside the front door of the Hi-Lo.

He hangs his hand written note about no more tree cutting, making it the only note posted so far.

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#120 Post by Dalor »

Taking note of the sign Sotha merely grunts hoping it doesn't say not to disturb the occupant of the building. He instead walks right in and looks around.

"My name es Sotha, I am 'ere to do work wit my bow an' my spear. 'Oo do I talk to eh?"

Return to “Completed Missions”