Everyday Life in Beachtown

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#441 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen nods enthusiastically. "Yes, indeed. It would be an honor to hunt and fight for the hive! A plant creature, you say? Do you think salt would help? At the temple, we would kill weeds with salt."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#442 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan nods, seeming as happy as someone of elven heritage could be.

"Salt? I have never tried that against plant creatures." He lowers his head a little.

"Though.......I've....never actually encountered a plant monster before."

"Do you have a lot of it around?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#443 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan pulls marge aside and talks with her quietly as he waits for a reply from the thoughtful novice of Bralm.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#444 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Actually? No. I suppose I just associate the sea with salt. I forget sometimes that the entire community is only a few months old."

Jaxsen considers the proposition for a moment longer. "Probably best just to keep it simple anyway," he says. "My weapons are sharp, and my fists are hard. I am ready to fight."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan finishes up with Marge, sending her on her way. He slaps the young human on the back and smiles.

"Your enthusiasm is good to hear, friend. We may badly need your fighting skills against these unknown adversaries."

"I must gather up my adventuring gear again. Do what you have to do and meet me back here in a half hour. It will be nice to get back out in the wild and practice my skills again."

If you are ready to go, I will start up a new thread for this mission shortly. Go ahead with any last minute preps that you want to do.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#446 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax nods. "I travel light. I'll just be a moment." Jaxsen goes to re-fill his water skins and his ration bag. The rest of the half hour is spent sharpening tips on his javelins and the blade of his halberd. He then reports back to Raythan's house.

"Ready when you are, Raythan."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#448 Post by OGRE MAGE »

When the troll hunters get back to the outskirts of Beachtown, they spot a new stranger walking into town, up the beach from the west. The plain looking man appears rather down-trodden. He is all alone and looks like he could badly use a new friend.
SpinwardMarch wrote:Brother Gilbert heads towards Beachtown, wondering if this whole trip had been a bad idea. But, he remembers the mission his superiors had set for him: To go out into the world and learn. Learn about the world, himself, and humility; then use that knowledge for doing good. So he walks along, observing the flora and fauna, and hoping not to run into anything wanting to eat him.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#449 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

He stops to rest and look around, and sees a group of people walking down the beach.

Um, hello? How far is it to Beachtown?
SpinwardMarch

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Well, it's not much of a town, per se, eh... brother. More of a settlement." says Chauncey. "I am Chauncey the Adequate, the most accomplished magic user on the island - though there are others, of course, who show promise. You are a man of the cloth, are you not? How shall we address you?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#451 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

A lean fellow of average height, most likely a magic-user as well, taking into account the robes and staff, speaks up after Chauncey. "Yes, as Chauncey said, you have reached the edge of Beachtown. I'm Avaala and this large guy," he says, pointing to an armored Mastiff. "Is my friend Rollo. We are both pleased to meet you." He holds out a hand in greeting.
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen looks over the fellow with suspicion. He looks to see what god this human man worships, and if it is at odds with Pholtus, the blinding light.

”Welcome to Beachtown, I am known as Saracen, and I am a holy champion of the blinding light, the great lord Pholtus the half-orc says, holding his two handed sword tightly, his orange robes billowing in the sea breeze.

”Be wary about being too pious in town, the leader is not very religious and does not take too kindly to our kind preaching heavily within the confines. Just a friendly warning,” he says offering that terrorfying snaggle toothed grimace that is his smile.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#453 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the group heads over to Raythan's clearing, they introduce themselves to a new stranger on the island.

A local passerby hears Brother Gilberts question and smirks to himself. He jokes with the group as he passes.

"We locals just call it town......you know......because it's the only town we have here."

When the man recognizes some of the crab hunters from a few days ago, he reacts.

"Hey! Aint you guys the Crab People? Man that was some good crab!"

He looks to the lone priest again."Hey buddy! If you're lookin to join up with a group, these guys here are the best I've heard of. You should have seen the size of that giant crab they killed! It was big enough to feed almost this whole town."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#454 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

I am pleased to meet all of you. My name is Brother Gilbert; I have been sent on a mission to learn more of the world. I was dropped off on the island a bit over two weeks ago, and so far, the most impressive things I have observed are the insects.

Brother Saracen, we serve the same god, you as a warrior, and I as a healer. I seek no quarrel with anyone.
SpinwardMarch

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Bluehorse »

late to the game as it were... <_< >_>

Monocar

A... huge... mountain of a man walks up, armored and covered in sweat and grim, carrying a pair of pikes, one holding a large fish, the other a carterized troll's head. On his belt is a longsword of elven make that looks utterly out of place, and a woodsman's axe that looks tiny like a childs toy. Eyes that are pushed shut against the sun give him a preditory look, as he squints and his lip rises in what looks like a sneer.

Then he beams and his eyebrows shoot up with enthusiasm at the new priest. "Oh hi! Another priest of Bright Light? That's wonderful! I follow Pholtus, too! Well, i follow Scaracen, who follows Pholtus, but i believe in both... i mean... wait, I'm confused. Anyways, Pholtus is good and I believe in him... so anyone that serves Pholtus is a friend of mine!" he puts out his hand and looks down remembering it is full and switches to the other one only to remember it is also full, nearly beaning poor Scaracen in the process. "oops... sorry."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#456 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

Gilbert looks up at the large man and tentatively offers his hand.

Um, hello. My name is Brother Gilbert. Pleased to meet you.
SpinwardMarch

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#457 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After some brief introductions and pleasantries, the group of troll hunters moves along.

Brother Gilbert is curious about the fish, and the head, so he follows behind the group to see what they will do with these odd trophies.

Lets pick this action back up in the appropriate thread. viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6655&p=342106#p342106

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

The big man takes his leave after enjoying a hot meal of the surprisingly good Breadfruit. He scours the edges of the town along the treeline for some good wood to make hafts and handles for the blacksmith as promised. He searches until he can find a handful service for at least handtool sized handles, like hammers, hatchets, or even knife handles if the smith wants and if he can find a good couple of longer ones for pole type shafts, even better. He will then retire to the Common House and find a spot outside to go to work carving them down with his ax once he gives it a few rubs on a stone. Once he has them roughly shaped out how he wants them, he will return to the same rough stone and go to work smoothing them out, wishing he had proper sanding tools.... sand... He perks up and looks around. Sand! It was everywhere just like an i.... oh... He stands there and things for a bit. Then he walks over to the treeline again and finds one of the more rubbery leaves. Perfect... hmmm... he will then search for a sappy tree. Having no real luck in the dimming light of the afternoon, he walks over to the Treehouse and looks for something sticky there... Going to the garbage pile, it doesn't take long. He doesn't ask questions! He smeers whatever he can find that is sticky all over the smooth side of the leaf and go back to where he was working, walking to the nearest patch of fine sand and puts the leaf face down to collect the sand there. He holds it for a good while and then peels it up to see if it looks like a successful experiment. If the sand sticks... he will leave it out to cure in the sun tomorrow so his next set of handles will be of higher quality. Either way, for now, it was time for bed. He went into the common house and found his cot. Stripped down to his pants and laid down, snoring like a bear.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#459 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And totally blows off Brother Gilbert in the process. :D
SpinwardMarch wrote:Brother Gilbert
To Monocar:
Is there some place to sleep that does not involve being eaten by insects?

Return to “Completed Missions”