Everyday Life in Beachtown

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#401 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen rises from his shared hut, swinging out of his hammock and abluting. He dresses in his armour and his distinctive orange robes and checks his gear, placing his new acquisitions into his belt pouch. Hefting the two handed sword and sliding the Longsword into his scabbard at his waist the half-orc heads out to commune with the spirits of light for the return of his magical powers.

Once done he eats some rations and heads to the water silo to refill his water skin.

Slathering on some of the Druids big repellant salve, the holy champion feels ready to meet the day, nervous and anxious about possibly re-engaging the dangerous sea troll, but excited about how his studies might assist. He makes his way to the Beach front and sits in some shade on the sands waiting for the others to arise.
Last edited by Storm11 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by Urson »

Luther
Bluehorse wrote:
Nodding to himself in dicision, he walks to the treehouse where he buys to bowls of stew and two grogs to go. -4 sp he walks to Luthars shack and knocks on the door with his foot.

*Thump! Thump!* Luthar... *Thump! Thump!* Luthar... *Thump! Thump!* Luthar...
Luther, already half-asleep, opens the door. Oh, hey, Monocar. Is this... He looks embarrassed, even a little annoyed- but that reaction vanishes quickly. Thank you, brother. Come in.

He listens to Monologue chatter as long as he can before he falls asleep.

==================================================================

Next morning, Luther rises early and begins opening the charcoal burn to collect the finished charcoal. When he has it all, he makes a bundle with his tent canvas and hauls (or drags) the load to the Smith.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Can see the man is tired and is surprisingly quiet but smiles good naturedly as they eat. Only mentioning that he is looking forward to see the results of their labor and the appeal of some hunting the next day. Once the meals is finished he grins and takes the dishes back to Randall on his way to the common house for a sleep, but not before finding a good straight peice of wood on the treeline and giving it a good whack with his axe. He sits in the common room slowly and steadily working the wood with his axe until it is a serviceable haft. He will size it to Luthars grip in the morning with presumably a borrowed knife.

The next day the Man Mountain stretches and groans feeling much more rested and healed up. He walks out just as the sun is cresting on the horizon and adding the early hints of orange and pink to the sky. He fills his waterskin at the barrel, noting there is more there this morning than usual and takes it as a good sign until he realizes that it could mean less people around to drink too. He makes a face and realizes it has been a long time since he has seen Bonnie, Krystal, and the others.

He walks to the beach and spots Scaracen. He tries to walk up as quietly and respectfully as he can, and studues his actions and prayers from what he hopes is a respectful distance. Imitating him as close as he can manage, but no less sincere. It is clear he really believes and wants to make a good impression for his new god.

Later he will find Luthar just as he is pulling the cover off the charcoal. "Good Morning! How's it look? So I was thinking... if we are going to go hunting, why not head out to "Crab Point" so we can scout out Ol Scraggly while we are at it. I also heard that was the direction that Bonnie and Krystal left a few days ago, and they seem to be missing. Maybe we can find some clues about them at the river. You think we should check your fish traps while we are out? Oh! I almost forgot! This is for you! A little oil or a quick roll im the fire and it should be good and hard for you. I roughed it down to fit my hands and then went s hair more. If it is still to big, we can shave it down some more." he hands Luthar the haft he carved over night.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#404 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Following his usual morning routine, Jaxsen rises before the sun, offers his devotions to Bralm, and returns to the beach. Following his katas and bathing in the ocean, which has become a welcome addition, he is greeted by Marge, who asks him a question.

"Of course, I'll introduce you to Raythan," he says. "I'm hoping you each will find something the other needs. That's how a strong hive builds and grows. Each member contributes from their strengths to the whole." The young man stretches his arms and shoulders expansively, getting ready to use them."And I hope you weren't planning to gather water without me, were you? What would a grub like me do, without some work to contribute?" And once again, he carefully slings his weapons onto his back and bends to take up a water yoke.
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#405 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

Following the successful spell exchange with Chauncey, Avaala fulfills his promise to himself and Rollo. The two of them return to the Treehouse and have one of Randall's more expensive dinners, (hopefully something with some discernible meat!) with Avaala splurging for himself AND Rollo. He also allows himself exactly one glass of rum, with which he loudly toasts his dog. Rollo just gets water.

"This is my friend, Rollo! A fearsome warrior! A deadly adversary! A steadfast friend!" he proclaims. "He saved my life and helped kill a giant monster! A toast! A toast to Rollo!"

He reaches down and briskly rubs the top of Rollo's head. "Eat up, buddy. You earned it!"

After dinner, the two return to their shack, where Avaala begins to sketch out the improvements he intends to make to it. He decides the first thing is to strengthen the frame. He tinkers with the plans for a bit and then, leaving Rollo, but taking his heavy staff, goes out for an evening stroll.
"There is no spoon."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey is seen little the rest of the day, having holed himself up in his shack, presumably doing wizardly things. Periodically, there is muttering and a flash of light from within, visible through the chinks in the outer walls. Once in the early evening there is a momentary period, perhaps only three seconds, when the air immediately around his shack goes thin and cold and a feeling of intense, almost palpable loneliness seems to emanate from within, but then, followed by a faint exclamation of "oh dear!" it is replaced by the usual heat and humidity.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther is, as always, a little overwhelmed by Monocar's enthusiasm. He takes the spear haft with a smile, examines it, sights along it. This will be a fine shaft for the harpoon, Monocar. I'm going to put it in my shack for now, until the head is ready. Thank you. If you will be so kind, I could use some help getting the blacksmith his charcoal. Then, I think its time we hunters earned our keep- and near the place where we trapped that crab is a good place to start.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#408 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote:Jaxsen Reiter

Following his usual morning routine, Jaxsen rises before the sun, offers his devotions to Bralm, and returns to the beach. Following his katas and bathing in the ocean, which has become a welcome addition, he is greeted by Marge, who asks him a question.

"Of course, I'll introduce you to Raythan," he says. "I'm hoping you each will find something the other needs. That's how a strong hive builds and grows. Each member contributes from their strengths to the whole." The young man stretches his arms and shoulders expansively, getting ready to use them."And I hope you weren't planning to gather water without me, were you? What would a grub like me do, without some work to contribute?" And once again, he carefully slings his weapons onto his back and bends to take up a water yoke.
Marge is genuinely happy to see that Jaxsen has indeed returned to lend a helping hand on this day as well. She can count on one hand how many adventuring types have said that they would help again, but never did.

"That is splendid to hear, friend Jaxsen. We will take all the help we can get, as always. And I think it might be a good idea to deliver this Raythan some of our water personally once we return. A nice gift of fresh water might be a nice way to welcome him into the fold. What do you say?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#409 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Marge, it's as if you read my mind!" Jax peers at her intently. "Are you some kind of Rhennee mind reader?" He lets the question linger for just a moment before breaking into a wide grin, and laughing. "Absolutely. Who on this island would not appreciate the gift of water?"

He shrugs his yoke into the least uncomfortable position. "Ready?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#411 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The hard working members of the group deliver their first run of charred coal to the makeshift blacksmith.

"Yes, yes. Thank you kindly. This should burn much hotter and longer than a normal campfire. I wish I would have thought of that idea months ago."

"Since you made so good on your promise, I will have your harpoon head ready by noon today."

He gets to work on shaping Luthers destroyed sword right away and is soon banging away on it with his hammer.

Jaxsen sets out once again with the water gatherers, pitching in with the hardest work, as is his way. Stand by for that action...

A few of the troll hunters are starting to gather near the beach with the beaming half-orc standing out patient and proud.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6701&start=180#p333697

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#412 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote:Jaxsen Reiter

"Marge, it's as if you read my mind!" Jax peers at her intently. "Are you some kind of Rhennee mind reader?" He lets the question linger for just a moment before breaking into a wide grin, and laughing. "Absolutely. Who on this island would not appreciate the gift of water?"
He shrugs his yoke into the least uncomfortable position. "Ready?"
The team of water gatherers, including the overweight powerhouse Marge and the helpful monk Jaxsen, depart for the river bright and early. They pass the others organizing on the beach as they begin their long, arduous walk through the hard packed sand. The morning trip proves uneventful and the team is able to make great time. They don't see any sign of the fin that was following them home on yesterdays trip. They make it all the way to the river in just a few hours without incident.

As the group approaches the usual area where they fill up their buckets, they spot a group of carrion birds right at the rivers edge. The birds are large, about the size of a full grown turkey, but they don't look threatening at all. They seem to be feeding on something that is stuck in the mud at the waters edge. The jungle vulture that is closest to the group begins to squawk aggressively as they get closer to the river bank.

Action?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#413 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax sets his yoke down and unslings his halberd. He closes with the aggressive bird, keeping his halberd between himself and it. He tries to back it up enough to see what the other vultures find so delicious. He points for the women to swing around him and start filling buckets on the opposite side of himself from the birds.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#414 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The ugly creature continues towards the monk as he closes with it, hissing and squawking loudly as it advances. It gets close enough to take a peck at Jazsen's leg, but the quick monk sidesteps the attack.

The women do not advance, staying behind their brave leader until the threat is dealt with. Now that he is a little closer to the river, Jaxsen can see that the other birds are tearing chunks of dead flesh away from a huge, bloated creature that is stuck in the mud of the riverbank. The dead creature seems to have been beached here in the mud. It's bloated form is humanoid in shape, about 10 feet long, and has a yellowish tint to its skin.

Action?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#415 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

'First things first,' thinks Jax. He drives at the bird with the point of his halberd, but misses.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 7
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#416 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The ugly jungle vulture flaps its heavy wings in the air once the monk takes a stab at it with his pole arm. It doesn't fly away, but it seems to be smart enough to keep its distance from the pointy end of the weapon. It continues it's vile sounding hissing, but doesn't come any closer to Jazsen.

The other birds begin to look up to watch the skirmish, a few of them slowly backing away from their huge prize, showing a curious distrust in the human.

Action?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#417 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen decides that a strong offense will scare off the rest of the birds. Thrusting the butt of his halberd into the sand, he pulls out a javelin and lets fly at the aggressive leader... and fares no better.

Jaxsen w/ Javelin to hit [1d20-2] = 8-2 = 6
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#418 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The vulture doesn't even flinch when the javelin flies wide over its ugly head. The others at the waters edge seem to be losing their interest in the invading group as well. They go back to pecking at the bloated body with their nasty owlbear-like beaks, tearing off chunks of bloody yellow flesh and gulping it down their long rubbery necks.

Marge walks up behind Jaxsen.

"Maybe they will just fly away if we walk a little closer?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#419 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen nods, "That was my plan until that one decided to defend his friends, or his meal.... maybe both." He pulls his halberd out of the sand and begins forward again, towards the other vultures. "Ya HAY!! Ya HAY HAY!!" he adds to the shaking of his halberd. He wants a better look at the humanoid corpse. Could something have killed Ol' Scraggly? Or maybe one of his victims?
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#420 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jaxsen walks closer to the group of birds at the body and one by one they fly off to the opposite side of the river. They flap and strut around on the black rocky ground that makes up the other bank, loudly waiting to get back to their feast.

The water gatherers feel a little safer now with the ugly creatures giving them a wide berth. Once the group approaches the river, they see better what the birds were feeding on. It is a massive creature, about the size of a common ogre. The dead carcass bobs at the rivers edge, its front half submerged in the water. The exposed back of the beast is all that can be seen. Its skin has a yellow tint to it, despite the natural bloating that has already taken place.

Marge pokes at it with her foot from the bank to see if it is really dead. The smell of decay fills the air and the ubiquitous insects are even heavier in this area.

"That stinking thing has been dead for a while it seems. I aint never seen a yellow ogre before, though. Do you think that's its natural color?"

She tells the others to move upstream a little before filling their pails.

Return to “Completed Missions”