Everyday Life in Beachtown

Dalor
Strider
Strider

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#241 Post by Dalor »

Sotha, noting that nothing is really happening and having no like of the undead IN THE LEAST tires of waiting.

He fires two arrows at the thing and if it doesn't drop, he will drop his bow in the sand and rush at the thing to make sure it dies!

[1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22 [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#242 Post by SirOwen »

Avalaa

His own curiosity sated, and noting that Sotha and Chauncey are preparing to cut loose with their weapons, Avalaa turns on his heel and walks directly away from the zombie. He does have a sudden thought and goes to Mr. Nehru.

"I think this thing might be a distraction, sir. Make everyone look here while something valuable is being stolen somewhere else. If you could make everyone look here, where would YOU be? if you were a thief, that is?"
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger vanishes into the foliage. He intends to come up behind the Zombie-King, or whatever it is.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Seeing Sotha cut loose, Chauncey tentatively throws a single dart at the thing: ...and watches his dart go sailing into the foliage. "Crumbs!" he shouts.
At least I don't think that would hit. Fingers crossed...
"This is, indeed, a mystery. Though it seems to me that attacking zombies are a better distraction than inert ones. So there must be some other explanation for this odd zombie behavior. Perhaps it used to live here and has gotten nostalgic?" he says.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#245 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Avalaa gets himself out of the way and heads back over by Mr Nehru at the Hi-Lo. He fills his head with an interesting new prospect about what is really going on here. The proprietor shrieks loudly and rushes back into his vacant store, running around inside frantically, but finding nothing amiss.

Lightfinger slips into the nearby vegetation, trying to come up behind this oddity for an attack from behind.

Sotha tires of this whole spectacle. He fires an arrow that plunks the zombie directly in its forehead, staggering it backwards a step from the sheer power of the blow. Chauncey wanes nostalgic as he gets in on the action, lofting a pointy dart, but missing his mark. Just as Sotha releases his second arrow that also flies true and is about to hit its target, the thing suddenly blinks out. The arrow sails right through where the creature was and sticks harmlessly into a tree just beyond.

The group looks around slightly dumbfounded. This thing didn't just blink off to the side, or to behind a tree somewhere, it is simply gone. The two newcomers weren't around yet back then, but Chauncey and Lightfinger remember something just like this happening when Luther the bear had dealings with this vanishing zombie syndrome when they all first arrived on the island. The commoners of Beachtown are also shocked by what they see. Some of them begin poking at the dead zombie monster, trying to gauge if the meat is any good to eat.

Actions?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey's eyes go wide. "Wait! Wait! Hold on! ...Illusion??!! Visual trickery??!! Sotha, let us search for your arrow that found its mark! If it remains here, we can assume we've been deceived by the power of illusory magics! ...if not, then, well, we've been not deceived by... teleporting zombies. Which is troubling." He begins searching the area for Sotha's first arrow, hopefully coming across his errant dart as well, though he doesn't have high hopes.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#247 Post by SirOwen »

Avalaa

Not that he would ever have need of such information, but Avalaa does take note of where Mr. Nehru goes and where he looks when he feels that his most valuable items might be at risk. Avalaa files that information away under "You Never Know".

"I hope everything is OK, Boss," Avalaa says. "Look, now that the excitement is over, I'm going to get back to work on your desk."

And the mage does exactly that, choosing the best grain patterns for the desktop and deciding what kinds of joints he wants to use on the side panels as he finishes cutting and sanding the parts for the drawers.

OOC: Time check? Is Rollo getting hungry? Am I?
"There is no spoon."

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#248 Post by Dalor »

Sotha stands stock still; stunned without words. He has never seen teleportation before, if that is even what this was.

In fact, as his limbs loosen, he begins to make warding signs against evil and stares wide eyed in the direction that the thing was standing previously...only slowly beginning to look around.

Stuttering under his breath, if any are close enough to hear"It mus' be a spirit. Only a spirit be jus' gone."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#249 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With Avalaa and his dog Rollo now gone, the three amigos stand around looking at each other rather perplexed.

Chauncey initially suggests an illusion, but Sotha's first arrow is nowhere to be found. He is able to find his errant dart, however.

Sotha is nervous about the evil spirit just disappearing, He makes signs in the air with his hand and recites an old jungle ward that he vaguely remembers.

The townsfolk find the zombie monster's meat far too tainted for consumption. The begin dragging the thing towards the water, ready to toss it off the end of the long dock so it wont pollute the sea too close to shore.

Soon normal everyday life around town resumes, almost as if nothing ever happened in the first place. The hard working and hungry people of Beachtown go about their usual business as the afternoon continues to pass by.

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#250 Post by Dalor »

Sotha takes his second arrow and cleans it before returning it to his quiver.

"Book mahn, wut do you tink dat ting was?"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"It's the re-animated corpse of some hapless fool," says Chauncey. "Though I suppose it could also be a hapless sage, we'll never know. Haplessness is the only certainty. It wasn't a spirit, as you fear - these types of undead require an evil sorcerer or unholy mystical type to animate, magically, a corpse. A hapless corpse." He stands with hands on hips, staring around the site where the thing vanished. "In this case, the creator must be very powerful, indeed, to effect the teleportation trick, for that indeed seems to be what it was. Not an illusion. I think he or she must also be using the creatures to spy upon our doings here. But why?" Chauncey stands in thought for a moment, then turns abruptly to Sotha. "Well, Sotha, let's go catch some crabs. Have you ever caught a crab? An acquaintance showed me how. First we'll need a sack." He walks over to the door of the Hi-Lo, then pauses, waiting for Sotha to join him.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger reappears next to where the Zombie-King disappeared.

Can you believe that? The Tallfellow is exasperated, I was just bent on rending it asunder, and it vanshed! More than meets the eye, my friends, more than meets the eye.

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#253 Post by Dalor »

Sotha looks around like the zombie might still be there. "You sure dat ting not still 'ere mahn?"

He walks to stand next to Chauncey; "Crab? Why you wan' da crabs Bookmahn?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#254 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ya, why do you want the crabs? :lol:

Lightfinger sheathes his sword and contemplates the mystery behind what the group has just witnessed.

Chauncey suggests a crab hunt and heads towards the Hi-Lo.

Sotha wonders why.

The excitement caused by this latest ruckus dies down, allowing the good people of Beachtown to go back about their business.

The afternoon rolls along without a cloud in the bright blue sky.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Dalor wrote:Sotha looks around like the zombie might still be there. "You sure dat ting not still 'ere mahn?"
Chauncey halts on his way to the Hi-Lo. "That, Sotha, is a very astute question," he replies. He then walks back over to where the zombie was last seen, fiddles in his pack for a moment and pulls out a small stone. After mumbling a few words over it, he gives it a counter-clockwise twist in his palm, then holds it up to his left eye and scans the area.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#256 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chauncey goes back to the scene of the mysterious vanishing zombie. He uses some kind of seeing stone of his to look around the area, hoping to spot the blinking zombie.

He curses under his breath a little when his stone reveals to him nothing hidden, invisible, or out of phase anywhere in this area. Everything looks as it should and there are no unseen dangers or monsters lurking about within his field of view.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar "Lucky" Jemara

Once again we enter the head of a young man that is slightly off balance and has been through a lot in a very small amount of time. Good though his intentions have been, Monocar has found himself near death twice in only a few days. What will become of him? Let us take a moment to catch a glimpse inside his head, and find a clue.

Cherub: "Well, this could have gone better. It could have gone a lot worse, but it could have gone better."

Imp: "You said it."

Id: "BERWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA!"

Cherub: "NO! BAD ID! DOWN!" Cherub squirts the caged Id with a water bottle.

Imp: "Think that will hold a while longer?"

Cherub: "I think so. The tag reads 'Made by Pholtus'. I hear good things."

Imp: "Yeah, whatever..." The imp looks from Id, who gives his very toothy grin, the back to Cherub. "Well, what now? Can't get out of bed until at least mornin. Can't log because the Monwhatsits are all around. We still need to get our stuff from the veggy thingys. I wouldn't mind squashing a few of those while we were at it... heheheh..."

Id: "Yeah! NOMNOMNOMNOM!!!"

Cherub" "Shh! DOWN!" Squirt squirt squirt!

Imp: "Anyway... Now we have this sea beast to deal with. I have to admit, I like his style, but did you see what he did to that elf? That could be us!"

Cherub: "We need to avenge his soul. He's dead because of us."

Imp: "Oh, don't start that crap! It could have been us just as easy!"

Cherub: "We cannot face him like that again."

Imp: "We need a good trap. Something to string him up good and high out of the water and off of the ground. Maybe like a big snare... or like... i dunno... four snares?"

Id: "With HOOKS!"

Cherub: "Sh!"

Imp: "No, no... wait! That's good." He looks to Id. "Go oooooon...."

Id: Sticks his tongue out at Cherub. "HOOKS! TREES! SNARES! POKEY STICKS! FIRE! BAR-B=CUUUUUUEE!!! NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!" Id begins chewing on the cage.

Imp: "O.... K.... Well, not all a bad idea. Let's work on waking the hell up and see if we can get with Luthar and the others we can make something like that work. Hang him up like a christmas ornament and wack him."

Cherub: "That's Terri.... well, actually that might work."

Imp: "It's settled then! Let's wake up and get this plan out to the others." He looks over at Id. "Good boy! Who has a good idea! Hmm... What about the Veggimites? Any ideas for that?"

Id: "BURN THE ISLAND!!! ALL OF IT!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Cherub: "And we're back..."

Will he recover? Will he take out his vengeance on the Veggimites? Will he avenge the death of the Elven warrior? Will he be able to live with the guilt? Find out next time on, The Inner Monocaralogues...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#258 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ravenn4544 wrote:Alordan seeing no one really prepping for the troll as discussed will take that on - it will be something to deal with in the coming days for sure. He'll gather rope as he can from his own supplies or purchase from the town if that is even possible. He'll inquire as to a blacksmith that can make the larger hooks that will be needed if none are apparent in the town - shouldn't be to hard to turn some iron into a hook with a place to tie on some rope. If they can get the big wet bastard off his feet that just may be the advantage they need...
They sell rope at the Hi-Lo, but not 2' fishing hooks. :D

Alordan spends his morning wisely, thinking about rounding up supplies. He checks with the fishermen about obtaining some large fishing hooks. They don't have anything even remotely close to the size that the ranger describes, and they don't wanna even think about what he would be using them for.

He then searches the tiny town for the nearest thing to a blacksmith. He finds a guy with a fire ring, a hard stone, and a big hammer. He claims that he has enough iron around to bend up 10 one foot long hooks, sharp point on the short end and a rope eye on the long shank. (he can't do barbs) He would sell them for 1gp each and have then done by the end of the day.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan discusses with the blacksmith his options on hooks. "Thank you sir, indeed the hooks sound just what we need - going for some big fish this week, for sure. I've not a lot of money, so would you be willing to make 5 hooks as you describe for 4 gold?"

OOC: sorry for delay, didn't notice this post continued here :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#260 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Quasi Blacksmith

"Four gold for five hooks?"

He thinks about it for an unusually long time and then finally answers.

"Ya, I can do that. I will have them done for you in a few hours. I gotta collect some better firewood first."

He smiles a toothless grin and holds his hand out, awaiting his payment.

Return to “Completed Missions”