Everyday Life in Beachtown

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#81 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger again smiles.

Gods be good, we'll speak again, Grandmother. Maybe then we can get to know one another. He slaps at yet another mosquito and hurries off to find Wes, or anyone else from his landing crew.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Jernau35 wrote:Wes

After knocking a few more leaves aside, and turning over a few more rocks, Wes peers out at the gathering gloom as night begins to descend. "Right Chauncey, I think it's fair to say at this point we're only going to find a poisonous frog out here if we step on the bloody thing in the dark. I'm off to bed. Goodnight! Watch yer step!"
"Hmmmm. Yes. I believe you are correct, Wesley. This search is fruitless. And frogless. No matter. I'll locate these scoundrels sooner or later... you hear me frogs! I've got your number...s! Collectively and singly!" Chauncey yells into the gathering darkness, shaking his fist. He'll leave the treelike with Wes. "Goodnight Wesley. I might just pay a visit to the barracks and see if I can't 'gather some intel,' as it were. You know who'd know where the frogs are, specifically? The bloated fellow who was specifically bitten. I'll bet the memory, to him, is vivid and ever present. He'll have the information I desire." He trails off, staring into the darkness, fingers steepled in thought. Suddenly snapping out of his reverie he says "...oh... Good evening." He heads for the barracks.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#83 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes bids Chauncey a good night as the mage decides to persue more information about these elusive frogs.

Lightfinger sees Wes retire into his shack as Chauncey heads over to the common barracks once again.

One by one the newcomers to the island take their leaves and bed down in their shacks for the dark evening.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey wakes up early, first light-ish. After studying his spell book for the day, he immediately goes about gathering up his things and shoving them in his pack for the exploratory journey up the logging road to the presumed source of the zombie infestation.

Traveling around the settlement, he gathers up the members of his party one by one. Those who are still getting organized he requests to meet the expedition at the head of the road leading into the jungle in 30 minutes, island time.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes wakes as the first rays of the rising sun pierce the cracks between the boards of the shoddily built shack. "Bugger this", he thinks, and rolls over and goes back to sleep. Eventually, the sound of Chauncey shuffling around and getting ready for the day wakes him a second time.

Wes climbs out of his hammock with the grace of a falling tree branch. He stretches, then begins his morning prayers to Obad-Hai. Once these are concluded, he stuffs a piece of dried fruit in his mouth and exits the shack. He waves to those gathered at the trailhead and walks over to the Treehouse, climbing the ladder and entering therein.

After only a minute or two in the Treehouse, Wes descends again, and walks over to the waves are lapping at the edge of the sand. Wading a few steps out, he scoops up a few handfuls of water and douses his head and face with them. Finally awake, he joins the others at the trailhead.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Walking over to the trailhead, Wes does a last minute check of his gear. Dunking his head with seawater must have done some good, as he realizes he left the mug he needed back in the bar! Muttering about his own stupidity, Wes climbs back up, collects his new mug and returns to the trail.
:oops: :roll:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#87 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oopses sometimes make for great RP possibilities. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#88 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Starday, 20th of Reaping, 1389
Near Sunset, Less Hot Still Humid

The half-elf Raythan and his new friend Franny the dwarf finally make it back into Beachtown after their long day of journeying through the jungle. They are sore, bug bitten and cranky, but arrive fairly unscathed. The big orange ball of fire in the sky reminds them of their comrade Saracen. It is just starting to drop into the ocean, far off on the horizon.

They don't see anyone from their party back at town yet, leading them to believe that they must be the first ones back from the all day trail walk. Nothing special is happening around town at the moment and the common folk are starting their usual nightly preparations. The friendly local fire tenders are just starting to blaze up the fire pit, tossing on green fronds to create more smoke to deter the insects.

Raythan can barely make out the feint chopping noises coming from the direction of the area he picked out for his shack. Franny badly needs a drink of Randall's grog.

Feel free to proceed with any town related actions now that you are safely back "home".

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#90 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The half elven cleric/wizard hurriedly goes to see how much progress has been made on his future residence while the light of day yet shines. He finds Owen there in the clearing drenched in sweat and covered in sap and woodchips. The man looks like he has been busy when you notice that there is already a good size pile of logs on the ground.

He smiles as he sees you coming and takes the last few chops at a small tree, felling it towards the pile. The clearing is already about half cleared and all of that was done in only one day. Owen seems to be ahead of schedule on the project. He says hello once the tree hits the ground.

"Hey there bossman! Good to see you come back! How did you fare out there in the bush?"

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Nuke66 »

"We went there and back again, the loggers were numbered two. Not sure what happened to the rest." Raythan replies. "Nice progress here, keep it up my man."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#92 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Owen smiles widely at the compliment but looks concerned about the number of loggers.

"Yesa! Thank you, sir! Did you say only 2 loggers? That can't be right! There are over 20 of them around here."

"I think I will clean up and get some sleep so I can get started right away again tomorrow."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Starday, 20th of Reaping, 1389
Sunset, Less Hot Still Humid

Mere minutes after the first pair makes it back to Beachtown, another strange pair makes their way back out of the dangerous jungle.

The attractive but sweaty female elf Bonnie enters the sandy village with a stuffed pack and sporting some new bright blue hands. She brings with her an unexpected find from the jungle forest.

The young man is human, dressed in filthy light blue robes, and carrying a tree branch with him for some reason. They both seem quite relieved to be back as they now begin to go about their business in the waning daylight.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie pauses at the trailhead and chats with the young man for a few moments, visibly glad to get back to 'civilization'.

After a short talk, she makes her way back to her shack.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#95 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny is pretty tired and thirsty, so she takes a swig from her flask and wanders around to see what new happenings have occurred since her last visit. She will see if any other dwarves have arrived at Beachtown, maybe they'll have information on these "undead", that come into the town.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Urson »

Magic 8-Ball says; 'Doubtful- ask again later'
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen will take the centipedes to Mr Nehu as he requested. He will also ask the good leader of Beachtown if he would pay the poor half-orc for calling upon his god's Magic to increase the water in the store of town.

Once that is done the exhausted Fighter/Cleric will head to his shared shack and drop his gear and go and fetch some water from the store and fill his water skin, taking a good long drink to replenish his thirst.

Tomorrow he will wash and clean his gear and then go and see how the others faired in their search for the loggers
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

On arriving back in town, Wes walks down to the shoreline and into the surf. He takes off his helmet and rinses out all the grime and sweat. Then he fills the helmet with water and places it back on the sand behind him. Then he fills up his two water bottles and places them next to the helmet on the sand. After saying a prayer to Obad-hai, to thank him for bringing him safely out of the jungle today, Wes casts his last spell of the day: Purify Water.

Stowing his water bottles away, Wes heads for the Treehouse, noisily chugging on the contents of his helmet as he goes.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#100 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry HG, I totally missed this one. (everyone should feel free to remind me if I missed something that you've posted)
Hotgoblin wrote:Franny is pretty tired and thirsty, so she takes a swig from her flask and wanders around to see what new happenings have occurred since her last visit. She will see if any other dwarves have arrived at Beachtown, maybe they'll have information on these "undead", that come into the town.
Franny fills her flask from the community water barrel, resupplying her body with the precious liquid as well. She then wanders around in Beachtown for a time while it is still light out. She doesn't see any other dwarves in the area, but there is a new construction project that looks to have recently been started since her last visit. There are marks made in the dirt and sticks pounded into the ground, marking out the obvious foundations of a large building on the west side of the loggers trail closest to the tree line.

She sees a little action up in the Treehouse, but much like Brufrig, she loathes being separated from the solid ground beneath her wide feet.

Return to “Completed Missions”