Everyday Life in Beachtown

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Everyday Life in Beachtown

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After a short time, and with the help of many of the towns eclectic residents, the dead are all gathered up and tossed onto the fire. The work is pretty hard in the dry, soft sand and the intense heat and humidity on this island is starting to wear you all down quickly. The sun is currently high in the sky and its rays seem to scorch down on any of your exposed skin.

The Hi-Lo and the Treehouse instantly seem to be very popular with the newcomers to the island.....

Treehouse action will be picked up here.

Hi-Lo action can be found over here.

Anything you'd like to do outside of those two places can continue on right here in this new thread.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Saracen
"So there are no missing here abouts?" he clarifies when the human leader is finished. "I saw a wizard electrocute one of the zombies, so it's clear Beachtown has some magic-users living amongst you, but what of clergy or Druidic healing of any kind?"

Mr. Nehru

"Of course we have a few missing folks.This is a dangerous place and we have more adventurers arriving and going out into the jungle every day. Yes, we have a wizard or two here. I'm happy to report that there are clerics and priests of nature as well. They just all know better than to preach too much around here. I'm sure you will catch on to the idea quickly too. I don't mind who worships what, I just don't want to hear about it."

The skinny man looks around a bit more to make sure everything else remains in order around town. When he is sure everyone is safe again, he speaks to the newcomers.

"I am happy to see such competent and hearty folk joining our little family here. I will be going back to my office now. If any of you need a bed or a room, follow me and we will get you set up."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen the half-orc Fighter/cleric will follow the leader of Beachtown to try and find some accommodation.
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

Luther the Bear

Luther reclaims his duffel from the beach. When the offer of accomodations is made, he cheerfully follows 'mayor' Nehru.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder
Monsieur Rose wrote:"Bonnie"
She notices the dwarf muttering to himself at the base of the treehouse and wanders his way.
"Not a bad idea, tactically, I guess. At least falling onto sand is better than rock, and this way we can see who can hold his drink." Bonnie pauses and tilts her head. "You're not quite my type dwarf, but let me buy you a drink to thank you. I'm Bonnie."
Well, Bonnie, I'm Brufrig. I appreciate the offer of a drink, but I'm gonna have to pass unless you want to bring one down here. I'm not climbing that deathtrap. Dwarves weren't made for tree-climbing, unlike elves. And after a couple days on that damned boat, I'm keeping my feet planted firmly on the ground for now. It's been nice meeting you, but I think I'll wander around and check out the rest of town, I guess. The dwarf wanders off to check out the area unless Bonnie indicates she will bring a drink down for him.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Poor Brufrig waits alone outside the tavern, unwilling to drink so far off of the solid ground. He notices that the townsfolk are mostly a sorry looking lot, some seem so sick that they can barely move around the place.

Everyone is friendly enough as they pass him by, but for the most part, he doesn't see a whole lot of indication that this Beachtown is thriving in any way. He is about to wander off, unsure if Bonnie will bring him a drink or not, when one small female child approaches the barrel shaped dwarf and asks him if he has anything to eat.

Scott308

#7 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Trying to speak softly so as to not upset the child, since young humans usually do not react well to typical dwarven gruffness, Brufrig responds. I do, little one, but it may not be the tastiest. Are you hungry? Is there someplace in town we can go to get something?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Little Sally doesn't seem intimidated by the burly dwarf in the least.

"You mean, like a cook shop or inn? No, there is nothing like that here. Most of us are always hungry. There isn't much to eat unless you really like fish, which I don't. My mom says it's good for us, but I think it tastes...........fishy. There was a lot of fruits and greens around here at first, but they must be running out of that too. What do you have? Candy?"

Scott308

#9 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

After asking the girls name, he replies No, Sally, I'm sorry but I don't have any candy. Adventurers like many of us from the boat carry these little packs of food, called rations. They aren't the best tasting, but they don't taste like fish, and they last a good long time so we can wander around and not have to worry about having to find food. I'm happy to let you have one if you'd like to try it. Brufrig reaches into his pack and hands Sally a standard ration. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sally looks over the iron ration with a turned up nose. She begins to nibble a little on the hard tack, but hands it back to the dwarf after a few bites with a sincere "no thank you."

She waves the dwarf over to the side of one building until they are out of the blazing hot sun. There she looks up at Brufrig with sad eyes when asked about siblings.

"I had a brother when we first got here. He was older than me and always talked about going on adventures. Are they fun?

One day he took a sharpened stick and disappeared into the jungle. He said he was going to kill a wild boar for us to eat, but he never came back out of the trees. My parents were pretty mad, then sad, now they just wish we never would have come here.

Did you ever kill a wild boar? Is it hard?"

Scott308

#11 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

I told you they weren't very tasty, but it's all I have. The dwarf smiles when he takes the ration back from Sally, returning it to his pack. His countenance darkens as Sally continues her story. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. It sounds like he was very brave. I have not killed a boar, but I believe they are very difficult to kill, and very dangerous. I would not say adventuring is fun. It is a hard, dangerous life, but it is the best way for someone like me to make good money, if I live to return home to spend it. It is lots of walking and sleeping in strange areas, not knowing what plants are safe to eat and which will make you sick. If if rains, you have no where to go to stay dry. And you are often face to face with creatures trying to kill you, like the zombies here in town today. Have you had problems with zombies before?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sally

"I heard some screaming a few days ago and asked my mom what was happening. She told me that we had to stay inside because there was a bad monster outside trying to eat people. I didn't see it but I think it might have been one. I never heard of them before that though.

I don't like it when I get stuck out in the rain either.

You're nice!

Do you like killing zombies and stuff?"

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Oh! Well, thank you. You seem very nice yourself. Do I like killing zombies and stuff? Well, I'm not real smart. I don't do so good with handling small, complicated things. And most people don't like me that much. But, I'm really, really strong. So, for me to find a job, usually means I have to do something like mining or cutting trees. I would rather kill zombies and things more than I want to do those other types of jobs. Plus, it feels good to do something like kill the zombies that were here and keep them from hurting people like you and your family.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sally

I can't believe that most people don't like you. You seem very nice and pretty smart to me. We have some people around here that aren't nice or smart. I usually don't stop to talk to mean people.

My mom says that we shouldn't judge a book by the covers, whatever that means. I like books, do you? Back in Saltmarsh, I had a few books that I would read to my Da sometimes. We couldn't bring any of that stuff with us here though.

Hey! If you find any neat books out there while your killing stuff, maybe you could bring one back for me so I could read it. I miss reading here. Oh! And food too. I like eating and reading.

Scott308

#15 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Well, I'll see what I can do. I don't think I'll be likely to find any books, but I might be able to find something to eat. It's been nice meeting you, Sally. Right now, though, I need to figure out where I'm going to stay on this island. And I need to find a store, if there is one on the island.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#16 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sally

Most of us here live in those big buildings over there! She points to the large wooden shacks to the west of the trail.

It is pretty crowded, and my mom complains a lot about the smell, but it is just a place to sleep really. I don't like to spend much time in there.

The small shacks are used by the venturers.......like you! The store is over there! I'm not sure what it means, but mom says that you need lots of arms and legs to shop there.

See ya around mister!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Nuke66 »

Raythan

Raythan goes to his shack and dumps his pack before grabbing Luther and saying. "Let's go hunt up that little Gnome fella, Ferris was it? Let's go scout a spot to place a decent building, I think he would be interested in the idea." Exiting he looks around for the Gnome.

"Ferris is it? I'm Raythan, this is Luther. You seem to be interested in funding some alternative construction, might we interest you it staking out a spot?"
Last edited by Nuke66 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Urson »

Luther

Alright, but you gotta understand, I'll be away most of the time- and I really ain't much for construction. I wouldn't want ya to think I was bein' a leech. 'Fore we get too involved, I gotta find that Chauncey fella.

Finding the 'Adequate', Luther says, One thing about those walking dead: The one I followed didn't escape into the trees- he disappeared like he'd never been there. You may have some decoys to deal with, too.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Nuke66 »

Raytan

The half-elf shows his hands, "Do these look like construction hands to you, no good fella, I was thinking about commissioning the construction, not actually doing it. I too plan on being away, but, it would be nice to have a place of our own."

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris the gnome,

Picks on the offer of constructing 'a place of our own' from Raythan.

"Well I don't like the extortion racket going on from this Mr Nehru, seems to have set himself up as some island Kingpin. We might have to grind it out with him for a while but sure I'm up for staking a claim. I bought this old tent here from the store so we can have a temporary covering, less secure than a wooden shack but good enough for now."

Ferris will brandish his trusty and slightly rusty pickaxe. "If we can eradicate this outbreak of undead with Chauncey, then the gold reward can be split and we put some into the building fund?"

Return to “Completed Missions”