Everyday Life in Beachtown

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#381 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SirOwen wrote: Avaala "Unfortunately, I cast an Identify charm just a little while ago. Right now, I'm too weak to engage in spell writing. Could we possibly do it this evening,
after I've rested?"
”Oh, yes, well... by all means, sir. By the way, you look just awful - like a goblin servant my mother once beat with a...” he trails off. ”Ahem. He died. ...You should get some rest. I’ll check back in with you at a more agreeable time.” Chauncey bows and scampers off through the sand on some other errand.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#382 Post by SirOwen »

Due to a new page appearing,
I missed the results of Avaala's Identify.

Avaala

Avaala's eyes widen as the spell enlightens him.
"Saracen, you have found a most unusual and magical item! This is a Luck Stone! Keep it with you always. It will affect all occurrences involving probabilities to work slightly more in your favor.
It actually makes you luckier. Congratulations on your find."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#383 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A Free Day On Freeday?
Freeday, The 26th of Reaping
Early Morning, Hot, Muggy, Buggy

Luther and the Mountain seem content with the arrangement they make with the town’s closest thing to a blacksmith. The man nods excitedly when Monocar asks about the wooden handles.“Oh yes, that would be great. We always need things like tools and stuff here, and Nehru charges way too much to get anything specific shipped here.”

Borrowing 2 shovels from the man, the pair moves over to the area that they cleared a few days earlier. The soft, sandy ground is easy enough to dig in and it doesn’t take long to get their charcoal project started. While the men work, they notice that the half-elf Raythan’s log house is coming right along. He seems to have recruited some help with the heavy lifting when they notice an unfamiliar human lending the spell caster a hand.

Raythan agrees to heal the monk for a day of hard work. He touches the man’s leg and says his prayers over the wound. His magic doesn’t heal the wound completely as Jaxsen had hoped, but the pain is reduced greatly and he thinks he should be just fine after another decent night’s rest, which he will surely get after a long, hot day filled with heavy labor. healed 2 hit points “Tell me a little bit about yourself, friend Jaxsen. Where did you say you came from again?”

Jack sees the big men working and moves off in the other direction, wanting nothing to do with their boring, menial, no fun tasks. The elf boy wanders around for a while alone, noticing plenty of others working on different projects as the day rolls along. He spots a group of three men and two women who look a lot like fellow adventurers as they are packing up some adventuring gear. The fivesome pulls on their packs and checks their weapons. They begin heading north towards the loggers trail, appearing ready to take a trip into the jungle.

Saracen spends his entire day deep in thought, working feverishly on some new project of his. He is certain that a day of perfecting his newest experiment will help greatly when finally battling the big ugly sea troll.

Chauncey seeks out his fellow wizard and offers up another spell sharing deal. Since the rest of the group is off doing their own thing, the mage finds the opportunity too good to pass up. Avaala isn’t quite feeling up to it yet after lending aid to the orange priest earlier, so the pair agrees to assemble together a little later in the day instead.

I know that this thread is getting harder to follow now with everyone off doing their own thing, so please bear with me for a bit here until everyone is ready to get back to doing some real adventuring, like Jack. :D

Luther R2 20/20
Jack 7/10 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Lightfinger T2 10/10
Chauncey MU2 10/10 CL, DM, RM, 2/2 first
Saracen 12/12 0/3 first
Avaala 5/5 CL, DM, RM, 0/1 first
Rollo 13/17
Monocar F2 14/21
Alordan R2 8/13

Jaxsen 8/10

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Storm11 »

SirOwen wrote:Due to a new page appearing,
I missed the results of Avaala's Identify.

Avaala

Avaala's eyes widen as the spell enlightens him.
"Saracen, you have found a most unusual and magical item! This is a Luck Stone! Keep it with you always. It will affect all occurrences involving probabilities to work slightly more in your favor.
It actually makes you luckier. Congratulations on your find."
The half-orcs eyes bug out atthe mention of the dweomer, making him even uglier than he already is. Wowzers! Pholtus has blessed me with such a gift. Should anything befall me and should you survive good Avala, make sure you take the stone as yours. No murdering to get it though, and keep it to yourself would you!” Thanking the evoker once again and patting Rollo he gets back to his prayers and blessings and experimentation.

As night draws in the half-orc yawns as if very weary, and heads off early to his shared shack to get some rest. He plans to take his bow, two handed sword and Longsword on tomorrow’s excursion with old scraggy, if he even shows.

Hoping his hard work pays off tomorrow the devout holy champion offers up a prayer to the blinding light and settles in to his hammock to sleep.
Greys Campaign.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig... "Wait... how big did you say?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

Jack merrily follows the adventurers going to visit Ernie and Bert.

He's quiet and keeps well back. Not all grownups like kids, for some strange reason.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#387 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

The exhausted mage watches as Chauncey departs, a wry grin on his etched and worn features. "Hear that, Rollo? Apparently I look like a Goblin that has been beaten to death." Rollo grumbles and licks the spots on himself that still itch and burn a bit.

"Yeah, looks like we both need our beauty rest," he says. "I don't even feel like reading right now. Make you a deal. We both nap for a few hours, and when we get up, we'll go get a real supper over at the Treehouse. Something other than stew for me, and some of whatever I have poured over a nice plate of bones for you, OK?"

Avaala and Rollo sleep away the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon.
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#388 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Me?" asks the monk in response to Raythan's question. "I was raised in a temple devoted to Bralm in the Crystalmist Mountains above the Yeomanry. They took me in after I lost my parents."

Jax means to show Raythan that the cleric chose wisely in asking for work in exchange for his healing. Although not a carpenter himself, Jax makes sure that everything the carpenters need is in place on top of the cabin's shell. Rafters, sheaves of whatever roofing (woven leaves, thatch, mud framing) material has been gathered, as well as any tools that are waiting for them, are all carried or roped to the top.

If Raythan, or the hired carpenters, appear and want to work as well, they will find an excellent work partner in Jax. He is a fast learner and obeys any instructions from the more experienced builders. The young man stops only once during the day, to eat a bit of dried meat and fruit and drink from his water skins just after noon.

As the sun begins to set, Jax climbs down and speaks to Raythan. "Are our accounts even, healer?"

"I hope you will consider adding your own skills to those of our hive,"
Jax says. "I am sure you would find it mutually beneficial." He points to the day's accomplishments."If this day has been to your liking, imagine the power of the entire hive, working in concert with you."
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther works at the digging and gathering of branches like a machine, nodding at random times when Monocar is talking, otherwise keeping silent. IF they turn up any stones, he'll put them aside to line the pit with.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger wanders.

He's wandering the area where he first encountered the old Woman he dubbed Grandmother. Perhaps she has some knowledge of the down-to-Earth type.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#391 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A Free Day On Freeday?
Freeday, The 26th of Reaping
Afternoon, Hot, Muggy, Buggy

The group that left for the river several days ago has been gone for so long now that most people have begun to fear the worst. Their situation is rarely even mentioned these days.

Saracen thanks the mage for his insights on his new magic stone, going so far as to actually bequeath his treasure to the wizard should anything unexpected befall the priest. He spends the rest of his day in prayer and reflection, his pink orcish tan really coming along now due to sitting out in the suns harsh rays for most of the day.

Avaala starts to become a little preoccupied with his face scabs after being compared to a dead goblin. He and his dog stay inside for most of the day, resting and sleeping their time away before Chauncey comes calling again later in the afternoon.

Monocar digs and digs while Luther gathers good hardwood to fill the pit with. The more wood the ranger drags to the pit, the bigger the fighter makes the hole. By the end of the day, the pair has not only completed their charcoal making experiment, but they are well on their way to fulfilling the blacksmiths needs.

The duo isn’t the only ones putting in some serious work on this day. Jaxsen tries his best to impress Raythan with his work ethic. The monk correctly believes that he can bring the half elf closer into the community by demonstrating how willing others are when it comes to helping keep this island society afloat. The pair works through the day, taking only one short break at lunchtime. "I have not heard of Braalm, but I know a little bit about the area of which you speak. Crystalmist you say.......the name of that range sticks out in my head for some reason. I think I remember hearing a tall tale about a ship discovered around there that could fly through the air and travel to other dimensions. I always wondered if any of that was really true." As the pair gets to know each other a little, twice the monk asks questions about how something should constructed, and both times Raythan disappears, climbing high up into the treetops. After a short time, Raythan returns with the answers, but never mentions anything about what he is doing up in the trees. The pairs day of hard work pays off once they realize that every rafter of his home is now in place and ready for the thatch roof to start going on. Raythan thanks the monk profusely, agreeing that his debt has been paid in full. "Come by again anytime, friend. Whether you need my help or not."

Lightfinger decides to track down the old woman that he met a few days earlier, the woman he respectfully referred to as grandmother. She is easy enough to find around the communal buildings, not really able to get far in her elderly condition. She remembers seeing the old wizard, and even thought that he was kinda cute, but again the handsome halfling is stymied by the lack of information he learns about the mysterious mage known to him only as Harold. The halfling then spots the elf boy Jack who looks to be following a small group of adventurers up the wide loggers trail. The group and the boy disappear into the dark jungle and are soon out of sight. (Inferno, please see private thread)

Looks like most of you are content to move this along to the next day. If there is still something that you want to address before moving along, just let me know. Otherwise, I will be pushing this action on to the morning once everyone is set. Thanks!

Luther R2 20/20
Jack 7/10 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Lightfinger T2 10/10
Saracen 12/12 0/3 first
Avaala 5/5 CL, DM, RM, 0/1 first
Rollo 13/17
Monocar F2 14/21
Alordan R2 8/13

Jaxsen 8/10

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#392 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

Avaala, looking a bit bleary-eyed, but much less tired, welcomes Chauncey warmly. "Chauncey,
I want to thank you for taking the time to come back. I couldn't have blamed you if you hadn't. I hope you'll let me make it up to you with supper over at the Treehouse after we finish."

Avaala looks up from his spell book. "Oh,
I didn't ask earlier. I hope my magical bolt spell is a suitable exchange for your electrocuting touch?"

OOC: If all is acceptable...

"Shall we retire to the Hi-Lo?"

On the way over, Avaala broaches another subject. "It occurs to me, Chauncey, that the first two wizards to form a partnership would find themselves in an excellent position to start, and run, a Mage's Guild. As the senior mage in question, you would,
of course, be the Guild Master. And that is perfectly acceptable to me, as long as I have a ranking spot as the fellow who came up with the idea."
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger calls to Jack.

Wait, wait! Where are we off to this time? The tall Halfling rushes to catch up, You've barely had a chance to heal! Surely there hasn't been enough time to churn up another adventure idea? Has there?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#394 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax' eyes widen at hearing Raythan's legend. "Truly?A flying ship? I would love to see that myself, one day."

As they part for the evening, Jax says, "I will be back, Raythan. You worked as hard as I did today. I like spending time with people I can respect."

Back among the villagers, Jax looks for Marge. He tells her that he think Raythan might be willing to become the town's healer. He suggests a small group just go welcome him, maybe with a meal. That might be a great start.
"There is no spoon."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by ChubbyPixie »

”Indeed, Avalaa. I should be pleased ‘as punch’ to trade you knowledge of my Electrocution spell for your magical dart dweomer. I feel it becomes more and more necessary on this island to have some means of defense... by way of offense, that is,” replies Chauncey as they set about arranging their implements for the copying of spells.

”A Mages Guild, you say...? Hmmmm. Yes. You, sir, are a forward thinker. It seems a bit early for such measures, but then again, why not? You are entirely correct that I, with my considerable ability and seniority, should rightfully claim the title of Guild Master, however, let us proclaim ourselves Co-Guild Masters and divide up responsibilities according to our particular bents. I should like to be 'Master of Earth and Water' for reasons peculiar to me. That leaves Air and Fire for you. Or Wood, I suppose. Master of Sand? That's weird.... At any rate, we needn't have symmetrical titles. But the mysterious titles, I feel, will lend us a certain je ne sais quoi.” He sits back and steeples his fingers, pleased. "Now, to business," he says, and begins copying.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#396 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

When Chauncey finishes, Avaala likewise settles in and adds Chauncey's electrical spell to his own book of enchantments.
"There is no spoon."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:
tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger calls to Jack.

Wait, wait! Where are we off to this time? The tall Halfling rushes to catch up, You've barely had a chance to heal! Surely there hasn't been enough time to churn up another adventure idea? Has there?
Jack's shoulders climb up his neck as he winces. He puts an urgent finger across his shushing lips, and impatiently waves that the funny little man should come along.

Then, whether Lightfinger follows or not, Jack scampers away up the loggers' trail.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Urson »

Luther
By the end of the day, Luther is visibly worn out. Thank you for all the help today, Monocar. It's been a day for tradesmen, not adventurers like us- but we've done well. Maybe tomorrow we'll go hunting?

Luther uses a half-bucket of water from the town's barrel to rinse the dirt from himself, then heads off to sleep, trying to ignore his stomach's protests about the short rations for the day.

Ready to skip to the next day when you are, OM.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

"I don't mind. My dad used to say an honest days work can clear the mind. Not completely sure what he mesnt by that, but it does feel good in the end. I like seeing the change I can make. It's... I dunno... satisfying." the you man says with a grin. Once he cleans up he notices Luthar walk off to hos shack and scratches his head, realizing he never saw the man eat.

Nodding to himself in dicision, he walks to the treehouse where he buys to bowls of stew and two grogs to go. -4 sp he walks to Luthars shack and knocks on the door with his foot.

*Thump! Thump!* Luthar... *Thump! Thump!* Luthar... *Thump! Thump!* Luthar...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#400 Post by OGRE MAGE »

One Week In (for most)
Starday, The 27th of Reaping
Early Morning, Hot, Muggy, Buggy

The rest of the day is spent doing hard work and intense study, exhausting the adventurers nearly as much as slogging through the jungle would have. So much for a day of rest for the weary. Lightfinger disappears up the wide logger’s trail, following the lost elf boy Jack to find out what kind of trouble he is about to get himself into now.

Chauncey and Avaala reunite once again to trade more magical writings and discuss starting a wizard’s guild. Even though Chauncey thinks the idea a tad premature, he still delights in the thought of a new name that he can add to his already witty title. The pair spend the rest of their day in the private office of Nehru, writing spells and discussing several private matters.

Luther and Monocar work like men possessed, getting their pit dug, filled, lit, and covered, all in one day’s time. They take solace in the fact that their hard work should pay off nicely once they wake to a nice big batch of hardwood charcoal to offer the towns blacksmith in the morning.

Saracen spends the rest of his day alone, in deep thought and study. Jaxsen and Raythan share tales of expeditions past, also quite spent from their many hours of hard work. Raythan is pleased at the idea of being only a roof away from having his own home out here in the woods. Jaxsen bids the half-elf a good evening once the sun sets and goes off to tell his friend Marge about Raythan’s situation.

After washing and eating a meager meal, the adventurers retire for the evening, exhausted and content at what they have each accomplished on this day. Alordan gets excited at the idea of finally going after the dangerous sea troll in the morning. The night passes without incident and the new day starts out even hotter than the last. Jaxsen sees the water gathering girls first thing in the morning. Marge flags him down to say good morning.

"Hello there friend. I trust that you are doing well this morning? Say, when we get back later, perhaps you could introduce me to this Raythan that you spoke of?"

Actions?

Anyone still involved in private actions can keep right on posting, please.

Luther R2 20/20
Saracen 12/12 3/3 first
Avaala 5/5 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Rollo 15/17
Monocar F2 16/21
Alordan R2 10/13

Jaxsen 10/10

Jack 7/10 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first (still short 2 hp's from resting on the 26th)
Lightfinger T2 10/10

Return to “Completed Missions”