Quest #34 "The Search For The Ruined Tower”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #34 "The Search For The Ruined Tower”

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A rumor has been circulating about a group heading east along the cliffs to search for a highly prized magic item that will reportedly help several people at once.

Waterday, 24th of Goodmonth
Early Morning, Warm, Misty, Buggy

Max is able to heal the ailing Darklin to get him feeling much better by the next morning.

With a solid newcomer recruited into their group, the party starts their preparations for their trek over the black cliffs.

TK wonders if the tower they spotted from a distance earlier has anything to do with this mission. If so, he suggests that they might want to stock up on extra supplies, as it will be a long walk.

Actions?

Darklin Sylvanas AC4 8/8 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Feanol AC10 4/4 1/1 CL, DM, RM
The Knife AC4* 5/5
Gnodric AC5 10/10

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #34 "The Search"

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If you are looking for more help, please keep in mind that you are possibly picking up Keg, Keyon, and Elnaerel along the way.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Karaunios »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:34 pm If you are looking for more help, please keep in mind that you are possibly picking up Keg, Keyon, and Elnaerel along the way.
Yes!

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Seeing that they are missing one suggests.

So it looks like with your friend there are 4 of us. So with your friends when we find them that will be 7 of us. That should be large enough for a nice sized group. Why don't we go and find your friend, this Darklin fellow and discuss the details. Do either of you know where he is?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"While I agree that once we find them we'll have enough strength to get back, but we have to reach them first and I'm not sure we have enough to do that."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

"Well, it is risky", says The Knife, nodding."I don't like the idea of facing that baboon thing again. But if we can get past that, there is one thing in our favor".

"In my opinion, I don't think that Keg and the others could have got too lost out there. They might be walking in circles, I'll admit. But they knew we weren't that far from the beach. That's why they headed for it when we split up. Same with the river. If they walked too far without seeing either, I think they would backtrack."

The gnome looks around. "Darklin's not here yet? Well, he's not the sort to lie in bed all day. He's probably just having something to eat at the Treehouse. I'm sure he'll be here soon".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"And, Knife that's what I fear. Yes they got separated from us, but they should have made it to the River, and back here by today. So, I fear that they are not able to come here, and that we have to be strong enough to face anything that could hold those three. Let me go see if I can find Darklin and/or any other available fighters?"

With that she'll head out to search the town for fighters.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Feanol finds Darklin in front of his tent digging a hole in the ground for a barrel to be placed in. She sees him place the barrel in the hole and cover it with a tarp and then pile sand on the outside of the tarp around the edges. Then he tosses a rock in the middle.

Talking to himself: That should do, guess we will see if this hair brained idea works.

He gathers his shovel and hammer and walks back into the tent. Not noticing her. Lost in thought.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Seeing Darklin she heads towards his tent. "Hey Darklin, what's up?"

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Feanol, I see your looking fine today. What can I do for you?

Hey, Sorry was lost in thought trying to get some things done around here while I am laid up. Trying to heal and take it easy. have you heard anything about the others? Have they showed up yet? It has been a day I thought they would have been back by now. I wonder if they met up with any of the villagers that we saw?

He tosses the hammer and shovel in a large chest near the back of the tent.

Well I'll be healed up in a few days and we can go back. Would be nice to have others to go with us. I hate to think that they may be out there some where and can't get back here. I have been fixing gear and getting things ready to head out.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Unfortunately they haven't shown up yet. So we have to think something is delaying them. We're actually getting together some to go back after them. We need fighters and I'm out looking for them now. If you see any point them my direction. Have you tried the healer here?"

"You mentioned doing some spell trading I'm up for it if you are?"

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Yes, it is time for us to get ready to search for them. I am partially healed so I will take on the fighter role in this quest if needed. And we would have maybe a day for spell trading. It will take a while to copy these over. But yes we can start on that once we are set in out readiness to depart. My book is open to you to learn from, hopefully you have some that I don't.

He keeps going through things in his tent while talking to her.

I have looked for Daisy in my wonderings but she is not in town. I don't know of any other priest that are here. Ok Let's maximize our efforts. Send Knife when you see him to the Treehouse to ask Randall if he has seen any warrior types and you or I will go to ask at the Hi-Lo. At this point any warm body would probably be enough to get us there.

He looks at the Scalemail hanging in the back corner of the tent.

Let's get everyone here together and we can start preparing.

Once everyone shows up at his tent he starts rambling and thinking out loud:

Hello again everyone. As you all know our friends have not returned. To get ready for this trip to find them we need to prepare. We need to purchase a couple tarps if anyone has the money. We can use them for shelter and everyone needs a some type of metal weapon they are willing to part with. A Hand ax would be good for building the raft but any metal will do. Spears are good too, and 2 torches each and whatever nails we can find. If we get to the first native village we saw we can build a raft from bamboo and give the natives there our metal weapons for payment for letting us stay there. They are always looking for metal weapons. We need to avoid any encounters that we can with the thieving little rats that fly around here. Travel up the river and maybe find the second village before setting out on foot. Hopefully those ants didn't beat them down. The tarps will keep the bugs off at night, the torches will help us fight the giant ants and the metal weapons will buy us some time and passage through the first village. Anyone have anything else?

He moves to the new comer and introduces himself to Max in Elven.

So your Max, I am Darklin. Warrior and Mage. Looks like you have been to the Hi-Lo and bought some of Nalissa's armor. I can fix that hole when I have time to memorize another spell. So Max what is your specialty. Are you a Warrior?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Thanks Darklin looking at your book we can help each other". Then listening to the info provided she plans to go see what she can find.

"Oh, Max, nice to meet you. Welcome aboard we can use someone that has some fighting skills."

She then heads off to the Hi Lo.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Gnodric

Seeing activity at the tent he heads that way, arriving just in time to avoid a determined young elf wench bursting out of the tent. He side steps her and watches as she heads off between the tents. Turning around he steps up to the tent flap. "Hola, I heard you were looking for fighters to join your group." Sticking his head in. "Hi, Gnodric, sword and bow at your service."

Those inside find a well built and large elf standing before them in studded leather with a long sword on his belt and a long bow on his back. There are also some axes and daggers deployed in a manner saying they were there for use as missile weapons. His long black hair has a top knot and five long braids hanging midway down his torso. His green eyes glint as he looks around those inside.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I dig the RP here, but one thing to keep in mind is this.....

If you are planning on staying in town for more than one day after your initial return, to share spells or heal up, or for any reason really, that will have a bearing on whether the others have returned yet or not.

So, unless this mission is being set up to head back out the next morning, the others from the initial group may or may not have already returned, depending on the timeframe.

I guess what I am trying to ask......is this mission being planned for next day action or not? I dont want you to keep saying that the others havent returned yet, if you plan on staying in town for more than one day, because they might already have if this is three days later.

Does any of that make sense?
:lol:

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol & Gnodric

Feanol & Gnodric are ready to go now, definitely by tomorrow morning.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Jernau35 »

TK is ready to go.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

"Well, I do have some things I can contribute", says The Knife. "But I also lost some of my belongings in the aftermath of that unfortunate dwarf-shooting incident...eh? Well, yes I suppose he did "get what was coming to him" but it was still unfortunate...Then we're just going to have to disagree about that then aren't we? Almost everybody has something coming to them according to you, you bloodthirsty piece...Look, I've forgotten what I was going to say now because of you..." The Knife looks around. "Sorry everybody. He gets like that sometimes."

"Where was I? Ah yes! I can donate a knife to the kitty. No, not you. It's not much I'm afraid. And I can probably chip in for the cost of the tarps. Can we make our own torches? There's plenty of wood around. Or maybe someone in town makes them."

"As for nails, I bet we'll find plenty in the sand under the Treehouse. Can you imagine how many got dropped when that was being built?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That little guy is a genius! :lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife jumps, startled, when Gnodric enters the tent. "Oh! Yes... Hello there, Gnodric. I'm certainly happy to have a competent swordsman come along with us. Nice to meet you!"

"Does anyone want to come and help me search for some of those nails under the Treehouse?"

If Darklin is the only injured person, can Max heal him now? Then Max could get new spells overnight and we could leave in the morning.

Return to “Completed Missions”