TREEHOUSE (tavern)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE

#141 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan thinks voices interest in exploring the river further. "What is your thinking, Wes, in exploring the river. Do you expect to find or build something more sustainable than what it exists today? Is there any known attacks from that direction so far?"

After thinking for a little while further, he asks those around or the barman, "I see that folks have explored beachtown and the river east a little ways. Has anyone ever sailed around the island and mapped it's coastline to see what else may be learned? How about a view of the island from the water - it was night when I arrived and I wonder if the landscape is mountainous or offers some other clue about the terrain and how we may think differently about our paths to a secure lifestyle..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#142 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes responds to the ranger.

"I want to set out with the water collectors first thing today, there is safety in numbers remember. Once we get to the river and scope it out for ourselves, we can determine our course of action from there."

The druid looks around to see who is left to take on the task.

"We leave immediately, and if there are too few of us to venture beyond the river, then at least we served a purpose and saw the place for ourselves. I will check if Saracen and Ferris still want to go before we head that way. Thank you for accompanying me, Alordan!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#143 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After Gathering River Water
Sunday, 21st of Reaping, 1389
Sundown, Hot and Cloudy

After finally getting Ferris safely situated in his shack and lying down comfortably, Wes calls Alordan and Saracen to a meeting in the Treehouse tavern. They see a few rough looking patrons at the bar once again, one mean looking barbarian stares them down as they enter and move to a private table in the back. After buying a round of the questionable grog, the druid begins their conversation with an apology.

"I admit to you both that we were foolish to go off on our own. I knew better than that, and for some reason I still let my curiosity get the best of me. I didn't want to let the gnome rush off all alone, that would have been certain death. But we both should have listened to the two of you in the first place. Please forgive my rash decision to leave the group and know that, never again will I do something that irresponsible to my friends. I think we will need to go back there, but we will need to recruit a few more able bodied members that aren't afraid of conflict. I was starting to think that I would never make it back here again, but even Randall's nasty grog tastes good to me now that we've returned safe and sound."

The druid looks around at the shady characters nearby and lowers his voice a little.

"I feel bad about Ferris losing his prized crossbow, but I think that if we return first thing in the morning, once the little guy is healed up, we might still be able to retrieve it for him. I wont tell you that the task will be without great danger though. Those creatures we encountered were frightening enough to me, their ability to paralyze a person is absolutely deadly. I hate to think what would have happened to Ferris if I had NOT gone up the trail with him."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Storm11 »

"Creatures that paralyse, that doesn't sound good at all. The village was all burnt out then? Do you think the paralysing creatures lit the fires? Or something else? Were they alive these monsters? I don't think we should return until we are all fully healed and have all of our magic at our disposal! Too many times we have rushed off half prepared and under powered and barely lived to regret it. I for one will not go tomorrow if any we are taking remain injured or I have to use the healing light and then have no light magic left to call upon, and that's final. Others may of course do as they wish, but all this rush rush rush nonsense has got to stop if we intend to succeed here." Saracen says with a grim expression
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#145 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes continues telling his friends about his harrowing encounter with the river ghouls. He seems very concerned that someone else might find the gnomes special weapon if it is just left lying right where he dropped it.

"I think they were undead. They smelled horribly and they did not seem to suffer the ways of the living. Though I don't think they had anything to do with burning the village. More likely they were there to clean up on any meat they could get their filthy claws on. I am not sure how they could smell so bad and be so completely dirty if they are creatures of the water. The one thing that I do know is that they did not like us being there. They actually tried to use some cunning tactics on us instead of simply charging in to eat us. That might have been the most disturbing thing that I gleaned from their fighting tactics."

Turning towards the warrior priest Saracen, he continues.
"I understand your trepidation, Saracen. But I would still like to go back there as soon as possible. Very likely, first thing in the morning. If you wont go, perhaps I will seek out this cleric called Keilif to see if he would like to go along in your stead. He is the person who was supposed to be involved with the natives in the first place. I cant think of a better person to ask to join me."

Wes looks at Alordan.
"Would you and your new elven friend be willing to come along with me again at first light?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen nods attentively at the Druid as he explains further about river ghouls. He is incredulous that the Druid would worry more about a crossbow than actual lives, and it only makes him more adamant that he will not race off in the morning with these but jobs.

"Yes, he sounds like a perfect choice to me. Good luck to you!" the holy champion says with a grim smile.
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin Treesong

With the events of his day continuing to play through his head, Devrin finds himself unable to sleep. He puts on his gear and decides to see what, if anything, is happening at the Treehouse. He nimbly climbs up, takes a deep breath of the bar, its patrons and what passes for drink to shock his system and get it over with. He looks around, wondering if his luck is with him this evening and, upon seeing the unique tabard and orange dreadlocks of the Half-orc who helped save him earlier, decides it is. He approaches and carefully lays a hand on his arm to get his attention in the noisy bar.

"Saracen, was it not? In the service of Pholtus?" he asks. "Is your comrade Alordan here as well? I would buy you both .... well .... some horrible watered down rum," he finishes with a shrug and a bit of a grimace. "Also, if you might have need of another compatriot, I am seeking fellow adventurers. I have been working here alone for five days, and I do not wish to keep pushing my luck."
"There is no spoon."

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#148 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny is sitting at the back of the Treehouse, she hears Wes' fantastic story. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I guess my ears work too darn good! If you'll have me of course, I'd like to head out with yous, I ain't had the pleasure of swinging me axe for a while now. She strokes her beard while waiting.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen turns and gives his grim smile to the elf before him. "Devrin, I hope you are feeling better now you are back. Of course, out here there is always safety in numbers. Alordan is there talking with a Druid friend of ours, Wes is eager to return to a trail we found today that led to a burnt out village just past the river. He and a gnomish colleague of ours went to investigate the native hamlet whilst we were in the middle of finding you, and were attacked by some river dwelling undead monsters. They will be setting off to explore the area tomorrow, and I am sure you would be welcome to join them! Their touch brings a kind of paralysis the Druid says so be wary. I myself am pondering your own theory about the monkoons. They have a village you said, and possibly an ability to communicate? It might be a good plan to bring them some gifts, food perhaps that they desire. Did you try this already perchance. Yes a drink would be most welcome. The rum is .... potent!"

Saracen has no intention what so ever of rushing off into the jungle with injured companions, and will no doubt be using his spells to heal those already injured before they set off tomorrow to get themselves injured once again.

He would like to find out more about these monkoons, and their where abouts and motivations. Thinking that if the beachtowners can get the creatures on their side navigating the jungle might be a little less difficult.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan listens to the story unfold about the ghouls and paralysis and lost cross bows. "I agree with Saracen here. I'm all for adventure and exploration but has no one learned anything about the dangers of the forest should you venture there at anything other than your most prepared? Indeed, is this crossbow so special that it should endanger lives? I don't agree with that. The town is defenseless at the moment, perhaps our friend Devlin here is gifted with the ability to speak or interact with these monkoons - these wily creatures could make a usefully Ally - or at least not an enemy - so close to where we lay our heads at night"

Thinking more about any new information they can learn to prepare themselves for yet another possible ghoulish enemy, "How far up the river did you finds these paralyzing creatures? And this Keilif you speak of - is he here now or close by he could tell us what he knows?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#151 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin

Devrin orders three rums. (-3 gp) for himself, Saracen and Alordan. "I notice," he says. "That you did not say that you were planning to join them." The elf takes a sip of the rum and discovers it is much better than the grog. He nods, and continues. "If you are not going with them, I might have a good way to spend your day. Despite how you first saw me, I have been making some progress with the Monkoons. I have listened to conversations around here and almost NO one understands the situation. There aren't a few Monkoons here and there, this town was slapped together right in the middle of their territory. Their platforms go up and down the beach for at least a mile in both directions." Devrin pauses for another sip. "And given that I never see one alone, they are pretty densely populated. There are likely hundreds of them, at the very least."

"And they are, more or less, friendly to anyone they don't consider a threat. I have seen them play with and even feed the villagers children. I have a plan to find out more, but I'll need help."
Last edited by SirOwen on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen nods and his eyebrows raise at that thought. "No I won't be going tomorrow to the burnt village, without a full compliment of spells and being completely healed it is suicide. So I for one am very interested in your plan, and will happily come with you. What say you Alordan?"
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#153 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes begins to get the impression that his friends think he is crazy to want to go back to the dangerous river trail just for the mere sake of a discarded weapon.

"Well, if you want the truth, I feel somewhat responsible for the gnomes lost pick. He dropped it after I tackled him to the ground in order to get the monster off of him. I am certain that he will want to go back to see if it is still there. If I can get enough help, those river ghouls should be easy enough to deal with. That is why I was hoping to bring along a priest. I am very curious about these native people as well. I feel compelled to help them in their time of need. That mans wrist and ankles looked like they were tied or shackled. Who would do something like that to them out here?"

With that, the sea priest Keilif climbs the ladder and enters the tavern, as if he somehow knew his name was recently brought up. Seeing Franny sitting at their table, Keilif just shakes his head at the dwarf and moves over to his own spot. Wes nods at the others and joins the priest, hoping that he will know more about these mysterious native people. They sit alone and talk amongst themselves for a long time.

Devrin receives some positive feedback form Saracen when discussing his idea to investigate the monkoons in the morning.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin

"Saracen," say Devrin. "I also happened to notice that you have had much better luck than I have in attracting comrades. If you can think of anyone else who might be of benefit to something like this, we could probably use at least one more."
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen smiles and begins to think, not his natural habitat. "Perhaps Lightifnger the halfling scout or Ferris the gnome spellblade might be a good fit? Possibly one of the elf women, elves being naturally sneaky and all.The half-orc shrugs.

He will try and engage the barkeep in conversation about the monkoons, asking if anyone knew that Beachtown went up slap bang in the middle of their territory, if the locals have noticed what they eat etc.

"Perhaps we could fashion some kind of water container that the monkoons could take into the treetops and store their water in, as well as brining a gift of their favourite foods. Perhaps if we cook some fish for them and offer it maybe?"
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan

"I think the monkoons are our first priority at the moment - they clearly are living here and are, as we can tell, friendly. Would be helpful to have them on our side. I know we had thought about the defenses of this town as well, but it has me thinking about cutting down trees around here is not a good idea - what if we started cutting down trees that they live in? That would NOT be a good idea for the well-being of this town. Devrin - can you help us with our food ideas or how we can communicate with them? Maybe not trying to climb a tree just yet?"

"Is that Keilif there?The man with the chains and the burning village - what could that mean? A riddle for another day, perhaps, but could it be they have been forced into slavery? I heard a story when I arrived here that a group of dwarves came to the island not that long ago and set off into the jungle and haven't heard back. Are the natives being forced to mine I wonder?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin

Devrin puts his hand on Saracen' shoulder, hoping to stop his questioning of the barkeep. "Please, Saracen, I have never seen a more greedy or cutthroat environment. Let's not share our information until we know its value. I told you about the Monkoons because, one, you saved my life and two, to offer as my buy in to a new group."
Storm11 wrote:Saracen smiles and begins to think, not his natural habitat. "Perhaps Lightifnger the halfling scout or Ferris the gnome spellblade might be a good fit? Possibly one of the elf women, elves being naturally sneaky and all.The half-orc shrugs.

He will try and engage the barkeep in conversation about the monkoons, asking if anyone knew that Beachtown went up slap bang in the middle of their territory, if the locals have noticed what they eat etc.

"Perhaps we could fashion some kind of water container that the monkoons could take into the treetops and store their water in, as well as brining a gift of their favourite f]
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#158 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin

"Before we try to buy our way into the Monkoons good graces, let's look at what we know.
Food and water they have in enough supply to share. I've seen them give the children food, right? Let's see what they do need and then see if we can get that."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#159 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Too late! I already had this written up. :lol:

Alordan speculates on his newly learned information about the monkoons and a few other things. He expresses vocally that he thinks cutting down any more trees around town is not such a good idea any more. Speaking with Devrin and Saracen, they decide to try to recruit a few others around town to go pay a visit to the monkoons in the morning. They try to decide what kind of food or gifts to bring the mysterious creatures.

The orange orcman speaks with the barkeep Randall when he comes around to check their mugs. He inquires about the strange looking tree dwelling crossbreeds.

"Yeas! Dem tings is a menace to dis place! Kill dem on sight I say! Dey always coming round to steal food and anyting else dey can get der hands on. Watch out if ya go in to fight dem dough. Dem tings can fly!!!! I seen it wit me own eyes! If dey can climb high enough in one tree, dey can jump out of it and fly ova to da next tree. When I first built dis place, dey use ta fly into dis tree all da time. So da loggers cleared out a few more trees and now dey cant reach my place no more."

"Dey eat anyting dey can. Always stealing and scrounging! Meat......veg.....it no matter to dem. Dey eat it all! And dey steal babies too!!!"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin
"I do have some ideas on communication,
Alordin. I am also a magic-user of some small skill. One of my spells allows me to listen to a language I don't know, and understand it. I can't speak it, but I can learn what they want, maybe. But I need to get close to them again, and I need someone to keep me from getting eaten by the big creatures in the jungle."
"There is no spoon."

Return to “Completed Missions”