TREEHOUSE (tavern)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE

#101 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

OOC: In the interest of moving this along ;)

The big human quickly realizes he has neither the tools or the know how to make this work and rolls up the cloak in his pack, pockets a few twigs and walks out dragging his bush with him careful to not leave a mess. Once down, he discards the bush and heads to the Hi-Lo.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#102 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall again shakes his head but is glad to have no mess to clean up. He decides to keep his comments to himself as far as what he thought the large man was actually trying to do with the bush. He smiles as the group departs, but keeps his pleasantries to himself, never actually sure if he will see his patrons again in this dangerous environment.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Ho! Randall!! Are you up here? calls Wes as he enters the Treehouse. "I need a good stiff drink to get me going. But since you haven't got any, I'll take a grog instead! Ha!"

"Now Randall, sorry for coming in here so early, but I need a favour from ye. I need one of ye grog mugs to take with me on the trail. I'm willing to pay for it of course. Here's a silver for my grog, a silver for the mug, and a silver for ye own trouble". Wes hands over 3sp to the tavern-keeper. Then he picks up the mug of grog and downs it in one swig. "Hnyyynhh" he says, shaking his head, and placing the cup back on the bar. "I'll see you in a couple of days, Randall, and buy you that drink I owe ye"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#104 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes finds Randall at the tavern fast asleep in his hammock. Yes, he sleeps in the bar, always ready to fend off any late night rum marauders. The barkeep nearly falls out of his own hammock once the druid starts shouting for him. He shakes away his sleep, somewhat earlier than he is accustomed to. but once Wes pulls out coins, Randall forces another smile to form on his tired face.

He takes the 3 silver coins and watches as the half-elf slams a mug of grog but leaves the mug he just paid for sitting on the bar.

He just waves as the druid exits, talking to himself under his breath. "Mi neva gwan ovastan dees strange pea-pole!"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie
Treehouse

Bonnie climbs up to the treehouse looking for people, specifically anyone who went down the logging trail.

who's here?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger barely makes it into the Treehouse.

Water! The Tallfellow squawls, Randall! Fresh water, if you please! I'm dry,
I'm wounded, I'm spent! I can go no further.
He plops on a barstool and lays his head on the bar. Where are the others, have they returned? I hope they fared better than we did.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#107 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Bonnie
Treehouse

who's here?
Great question!

This is one of those opportunities where timelines might not match up exactly, but..... :?

I would like to consider Beachtown and its businesses a "free from the restrictions of time" zone for the time being. That way anyone who is actually in town can discuss things with anyone else that is also in town. I think that will make organizing future missions a lot easier for everyone involved. If there are time sensitive matters that you would like handled separately, just ask.

There will still be instances when time might matter, so I will keep track of that from behind the scenes. I hope everyone understands that and it's not too confusing. Please speak up if you have any questions. Thanks!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#108 Post by OGRE MAGE »

For it being the only tavern on the island, the place is rarely busy. Tonight is no exception. A group of three townies stand at one driftwood shelf, enjoying their mugs of grog. There are two men sitting at the bar. No music plays and no food is served, but if you want a mug o' grog or rum, you've come to the right place.

Randall smiles wide when he sees Bonnie enter his tavern, always happy to entertain the pretty girls.
"Yesa! Wagwaan sista! How you doing? Good? What will ya haff?"

Bonnie does not see any of the adventurers that she left with just this morning.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#109 Post by OGRE MAGE »

*2 hours later*
tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger barely makes it into the Treehouse.

Water! The Tallfellow squawls, Randall! Fresh water, if you please! I'm dry,
I'm wounded, I'm spent! I can go no further.
He plops on a barstool and lays his head on the bar. Where are the others, have they returned? I hope they fared better than we did.
Randall isn't surprised to see a bloodied, half dead patron climb his ladder again. It happens a lot, actually. He fills a mug with day old water from his cask and hands it over. "One silver!"
"A few haff return, yes! But I no no who you looking for!"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie
Treehouse

Bonnie looks around, then walks to the bar. "Water, and some information, please. Have you seen a female dwarf or a male elf recently? I think they got back into town less than an hour ago."

She looks around again "Actually, where is Keilif as well? A young man in a blue robe?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

The druid arrives at the bottom of the tree, drains the last of the water in his helmet, and sets off up the ladder in search of a nightcap. Arriving at the top, he calls out to Randall "Bloody Hell lad, you're a sight for sore eyes! And everywhere else those bloody insects bit me. A cup of your averagest grog if you please". He pays the man and sits down next to what is left of Lightfinger.

"Well, that could have gone better. Or worse. Got any plans for tomorrow?"
Edited to add 1sp deducted for grog

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#112 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Bonnie
Treehouse

Bonnie looks around, then walks to the bar. "Water, and some information, please. Have you seen a female dwarf or a male elf recently? I think they got back into town less than an hour ago."

She looks around again "Actually, where is Keilif as well? A young man in a blue robe?"
Randall looks around the room for anyone matching those descriptions.

"We got any dwarf or elf in ear?"

This is where Keilif and/or Franny should speak up and join in on the role-play if they are actually in the tavern. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#113 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote:WesArriving at the top, he calls out to Randall "Bloody Hell lad, you're a sight for sore eyes! And everywhere else those bloody insects bit me. A cup of your averagest grog if you please".
Randall smiles at seeing another familiar face.

"Oh, yesa! I toll you dat da bugs were bad ear! Nice to see you make it back, mi fren!"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes sits with the badly battered halfling, sipping his grog and watching the waves lap the beach. After a few minutes, he turns to Lightfinger and says, "You know, I realize that in your condition you aren't likely to be interested in exploring anywhere tomorrow, but I've had an idea."

"I was wondering about heading up the beach, either west like Brufrig and Ferris, or east out to the river. I've been trying to figure out which might be the more interesting of the two directions to go. West seems to be unexplored, except by our two friends, so there might be more er...rewarding stuff out there. The track out to the river is taken by Beachtowners every day to get water, so probably isn't as interesting, though it would be easier to travel that way..." Wes trails off for a moment.

"Then it hit me: WATER! Folks travel that way every day for water! We came to grief today because we ran out of water. If we head out to the river, we can either blaze a trail up the river and into the jungle, or try and ford the river and see what we can find in those cliffs over there. Either way, we'll be close to a source of water."

"Now you don't have to tell me what you think right now, but think on it overnight." Wes drains the last of his grog. "Now then, I feel as knackered as you look. Aren't we sharing the same shack? I'll give you a helping hand over there, if you need it, 'cos I'm off to bed". Wes waits a moment for a response from Lightfinger, then heads for the ladder and back to his hammock in the shack.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#115 Post by OGRE MAGE »

People come and go in the tavern as the quiet night passes. Bonnie is still there, as is Franny the dwarf. Before long the others from the zombie search start entering for a warm drink. Wes is there for a while, as is Lightfinger. Alordan enters to see if there is anything to learn from the other patrons already inside. The place seems rather somber at the moment with little talking and much reflecting.

Again, the tavern is going to be a time free zone, so anybody that is there can strike up a conversation with anyone else, despite any possibile time difference anomalies.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan heads to bar and takes up a stool. He waits patiently for service and orders an ale.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger groans.

Draining his water mug the Hobbit just sits there, staring as Wes does his figuring. Look at me, do I appear able to run off into another jaunt of doom? You... You're a Wood Priest, I've seen what you fellows can do. You have healing magic, and I need healing magic EVER so much. After, I'll go east, west, south-by-south-west, I don't care. But this, He puts his good hand to his wounded shoulder, ...Will keep me down. He does seem quite pale. What I truly need is a good night's sleep, but I fear I'm unable to climb back down Randall's ramshackle ladder.

1 SP deducted.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie
Treehouse

Bonnie gets up and moves over to Franny. "Hi again. Franny, right? I think I saw you walking home on the trail just a few minutes ahead of me. Who was with you, and where are the others?"

I'm going to start multiple conversations. Let's see how this goes.

Walking over to Lightfinger and Wes, Bonnie stops short and gasps."What happened to you? You look like you've told an ogre he smells good." She turns to Wes, "I overheard your idea about travelling towards the river, and I'm interested. Seems like we need a better way of getting water here."

Bonnie wanders over to Aldoran, "Hi. I'm Bonnie. Don't think I've seen you around. Did a ship come in while I was in the Jungle?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes turns to reply to Bonnie's statement about traveling over to the river. "Yes, I'm going to get a group together and head over there. It seems like an interesting location, with several possibilities. If you'd like to come along, I'd be glad to have you and your skills. Hopefully we can head out tomorrow morning, maybe with the water carriers when they head out".

He turns back to address Lightfinger's request for healing. "I'd like to help you my friend, believe me. Unfortunately, whilst Obad-Hai does grant the power of healing to his servants, I have not yet achieved sufficient status in his eyes to merit such a gift. I think a good night's sleep and being first in line to ask Saracen for Pholtus' blessing is your best bet right now. As for the ladder, we'll work something out. Worst comes to the worst, we can take some rope and lower you over the edge here". Wes laughs, to show Lightfinger he's not serious about the last bit.

"Talking of Saracen, I'll need to talk to him too, see if he fancies a walk down to the river. Maybe a few others too, see who is interested".

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan considers, "Well, there are ships that come and go here as you know. I was on one of them. You say there is a river you are heading to? What matter of interest is in that area? One way to think about the river is that if one was to get into trouble, the river may provide a safer way out of the jungle then running down trails with hidden dangers along the way..."

Return to “Completed Missions”