TREEHOUSE (tavern)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: TREEHOUSE

#121 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Keilif walks over to Bonnie once he enters the tavern.

"I feel like I owe you an incredible debt of gratitude for saving me out there. Once we were attacked by those flesh eating tree monsters, I thought I was about to meet the Sea Mother in person. But you have saved me from that grisly fate, allowing me to continue the work I've been doing here on the island."

"If there is anything that you ever need from me, it is yours! Just say the word and I will help you in any way that I can. Thank you for being a good person and doing what was right! I can sense that you are an ally that I can trust to work with out here. I have been here for a while now and have seen a lot of bad people come and go. In this place, a true friend is a huge commodity. If you plan on going to the river, please allow me to act as your guide. It isn't overly dangerous anymore, but I know the way rather well and am more than willing to help you."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#122 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will push this along to morning so that everyone can get involved in the "what to do next" discussions. Thanks!

The night slowly rolls on while Randall's patrons all discuss future tactics and plans. The exhausted adventures are able to get the badly injured halfling safely back to his hammock and they all get a good night sleep. (2 hit points recovered for anyone currently in town that was injured)

Sunday, the 21st of Reaping

The next day starts out hot again as the sun slowly starts to rise over the trees of the jungle forest. The leader types begin to congregate at the islands only watering hole for more discussion as to what they should do next. There is no sign that Krystal, Jack, Luther, or Monocar have returned from their previous evenings jungle trek.

If there was still something that you wanted to do before sleeping, just speak up and I will retcon.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#123 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny meets up with the others...she has her head covered for sun protection and her waterskin is full. Bonnie, did the others come back yet? Raythan and me left them by the logging camp. They was headed deeper into the jungle and weren't gonna be party to that! We might need to search for them. I told them it was too dangerous, but they didn't listen!!! She paces back and forth feeling very uneasy about the whole situation.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan arrives also after having filled up his water supplies "Tell me more about this river. What do we expect to accomplish there?"

Hearing the story about the missing comrades makes him uneasy "from what I could tell from the few hours we spent in the forest at night, unless they find a defensible shelter or had a bit of luck, it may not bode well for them, practically speaking"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Storm11 »

If Lightfinger is around in the morning and wants it Saracen casts Pholtus' healing light upon him.

[1d8] = 2 Well at least he's up to 5hps out of 7 with the rest. :D

Hearing the others may be in danger the half-orc wonders how far away up the trail they may be, and would be interested in coming along to try and rescue the missing if that is a possibility.

Otherwise he has his own plans in town this day and seeks out Mr Nehru to see if he has thought about his water creation offer.
Last edited by Storm11 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by tkrexx »

If Lightfinger is around in the morning and wants it Saracen casts Pholtus' healing light upon him.
Lightfinger happily agrees!

Ah, He smiles again, This is much better!
There is no sign that Krystal, Jack, Luther, or Monocar have returned from their previous evenings jungle trek.
Eh? The Hobbit's ears perk up, They didn't return?? Knowing first-hand how easily one can die in that jungle, his concern may over-ride his common sense. Jack! Is Jack still out there? And that Half-Ogre, what's his name? Monocle? The smoking-hot She-Elf, too? And the Bear-man, Loomis! I just bought him a score of arrows, damn it! He turns and stalks away. I'll get my gear, only take me a moment.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie
Treehouse

After a night of fitful sleep, Bonnie is back in the treehouse. Hearing that some of her companions never made it back has her concerned.

"No, Frannie, they didn't come back with me." Bonnie looks a bit embarrassed at this point "I, uh, went rogue and examined the logging shack. Then tried to make my own path to where you all went in. I thought I could find you guys with all the yelling."She gestures to Keilif at this point. "I found him in a clearing. Encased in a giant cocoon."She notices she has people's attention at that point. "I cut him free, and dragged him back to the logging clearing. We walked back here after that."

"Glad to see you up and about Keilif. You are too kind, but you mentioned something about tree monsters? Have you remembered more of what happened to you?"

She turns to Lightfinger and Aldoran "Wes talked about an expedition to the river in the east. The plan, before the others failed to return, was to explore and see if we could improve the water situation in town." She turns and looks at everyone gathered. "I'd like to arrange a group to go and find the others. Hopefully, there is nothing to worry about, but..." She trails off, looking a bit upset.

"Who's with me?"

Hotgoblin

#128 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny

I'll head back with yous, hopefully they just decided to make camp. Let's bring some mending supplies if that ain't the case. You never what you're gonna find or disturb out there! Franny stares as if she's in deep thought and then smirks at the idea of camping.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#129 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Despite his deadly ordeal a few days earlier, the young human male Keilif is up early this morning, still in his tattered, dirty, light blue robes.

"I knew that something had to be done about zombies invading the town. That seemed far more important than my own work with the natives. Zombies don't just fall out of the trees, you know. I had heard that the loggers were a rough bunch, so I asked two surly roughneck adventurers from town to accompany me there. You didn't see any sign of them out there, did you?" He hangs his head slightly, knowing full well what your answer will be.

"I left all of my valuable possessions back in the shack, along with my favorite armor and ornate mace. If I only knew how good that idea was, I might not have gone at all. Other than my robes, holy symbol, and a necklace trinket that was given to me as a gift from the natives, I set out completely unarmed. I thought that might make a good impression on them. Just before my party of three got to the loggers camp, we were beset upon on the trail by hundreds of small green and brown humanoids that looked to be created from the very jungle itself."

"They were short, about the size of goblins, and covered in green leafy vegetation. They had oddly shaped, bulbous, gourd-like heads and appendages. They screeched at us in some strange language, clicking and beeping to each other as they converged on the three of us. Their numbers were far too vast to even think I could do anything against them, so I did not attack. My two companions didn't take the same approach however, thinking they could fight there way out. They were both ripped apart by the sheer numbers of the creatures and cannibalistically devoured right in front of my eyes. I was then smashed on the back of my head, that being the very last thing that I remember until I was discovered in the jungle by Bonnie, here."

Again the disheveled man hangs his head in thought, pondering his most recent ordeal.

"I hate to say this but, if your friends didn't get to a safe and secure place to rest out the night, they are all likely dead. That is just the way of things out here. The jungle is a very harsh place, especially the deeper you go in."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan

"As painful as it is to leave comrades behind, I think going back to try and help them would be suicide. What good would a small group that we have here be if there were hundreds of these things attacking. Maybe we leave that area alone for now. Anyone know how the loggers have survived in that area?"

"The river improvement seems like a worthwhile objective if that would help the town become more secure. Are there any other similar jobs or opportunities offered?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Storm11 »

"If what you say is correct it sounds like there may be an encampment or main lair of these creatures. With enough careful planning and magic we could take out a fair number in one go whilst the more careful amongst us rescue the taken, if they are still alive. Some aerial scouting of the island could be useful however." the holy champion says scratching his wounds. He casts the healing light of Pholtus upon himself too.

[1d8] = 4 Back to full health :)

If the rescue mission is willing to wait a further day the half-orc will insect the towns water supply to see how it is built, with the possibility of building another and using his magic to begin to fill it if Nehru isn't game for a deal.

The veteran/acolyte isn't interested in leaving Beachtown without his full compliment of spells at hand, feeling the last mission was needlessly hurried and this already at a disadvantage.
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Well my plan for today is to head out towards the river. It's a good place to investigate. We can blaze a trail into the jungle from there and we won't have to worry about water supplies. That could make it easier to stay overnight.

We might also be able to ford the river and investigate the cliffs on the other side"

Wes looks around at the others. "If you think there is reason that Urson, Jack and the others may need our help, let us see who wishes to go seek them, and we can divide our labours".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie
Treehouse

Looking around at the group present, she seems to be gathering her thoughts.
"We may have made a mistake going so far inland so quickly, but it seems that only luck allowed us to come back alive. Those still out there might not have been so lucky." Bonnie pauses for a second. "I understand being afraid and doing what's best for yourself. I'm not going to pretend I'm not afraid, or foolish for going back out there, but there are four good people missing, two of my kind."
"I'm going, and I'd appreciate any others that do the same." Bonnie nods at those who seem agreeable, then turns and walks towards the trapdoor.

"I'll be at the trail head in ten minutes. I'll be leaving in fifteen."
Bonnie exits the Treehouse.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger returns with considerably less gear.

Let's get in there, find our colleagues and get back out, The tall Halfling speaks with conviction, I'm not up to par, but that means those who have not returned must be worse off.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#136 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Seeing that the Treehouse has become the de facto gathering place for adventurers on the island, Brufrig wanders over to the area near the base of the tree, expecting to find someone that has a plan for exploration. If nobody else has any thoughts, he would be happy to recruit anyone interested in heading west to find the grey ooze.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey shows up for this last exchange. "Goodness. We've lost some already, have we? Hmmmmm." He looks to the druid - having promised to help him, he will wait to see what he intends. If he plans to go through with the river excursion, Chauncey will accompany him there. If not, he is willing to help the rescuers.

Hotgoblin

#138 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny will head out on the "rescue" mission. She picks at her teeth with a really skinny bamboo stick as she waits to see which others will join them.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen is not keen on once again leaving without his full compliment of spells into the unknown and dangerous jungle. He is willing to go on a rescue mission come the morning and help heal others todaybut will not be rushing off foolishly anymore without a necessary immediate threat.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#140 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the others discuss their next moves in the tavern, Brufrig the dwarf hangs out at the base of the tree, still apprehensive about drinking his breakfast so high off of the ground.

There is a discussion amongst a few members about heading out with the daily water gatherers as an extra patrol. The group will need to be organized soon as the townsfolk like to set out just after first light.

Return to “Completed Missions”