TREEHOUSE (tavern)

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE

#161 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen thanks the barkeep for his time and shares what he has learnt with the others. He listens carefully to Devrin and Alordan, nodding in agreement with both chaps.

"Well then, if we can at least get to have a chat with the little munchkins that might provide a clue as to what they want and if we can get it to them!"

With that the holy champion bids them a good night and heads to his shared shack and crawls into bed after digesting himself of his armour.
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin
"Very well, Saracen. Shall we get an early start? Say the Riverside? Just after dawn?"

Devrin also wishes Alordin a good evening, with hopes to meet him in the morning, also. Devrin then returns to his shack, and feeling better about his plans, sleeps well at last.

Storm11 wrote:Saracen thanks the barkeep for his time and shares what he has learnt with the others. He listens carefully to Devrin and Alordan, nodding in agreement with both chaps.

"Well then, if we can at least get to have a chat with the little munchkins that might provide a clue as to what they want and if we can get it to them!"

With that the holy champion bids them a good night and heads to his shared shack and crawls into bed after digesting himself of his armour.
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by SirOwen »

Devrin

Amend: Before Devrin lays down, he steps to the door of his shack, and casts his 'Sleep' spell out over the water as far away as he can.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#164 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes and Keilif talk for a while longer and eventually leave the bar to go to their shacks to sleep.

Wes
"Have a good night friends. If Obad-Hai is willing, I will see you all again in the morning."

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#165 Post by Dalor »

Sotha walks with caution toward the seaside settlement...not sure what to expect; but having wandered for so long in the hells cursed jungle and lost the last of his companions only days prior he couldn't help but hope to find more humans here to simply look at!

He walked slowly down the beach, his naked feet carrying him to the waves as they swelled onto the beach...the feeling giving him new vigor as his drained body let its toes sink into the drenched sand of the beach and let the waves lap at his tired feet. He eyed anyone he saw as they likely didn't know what to think of him.

Seeing that none seemed opposed to him being there, he began to take stock of the things he could see in the village. He quickly noted the building in a tree! And more, he could hear the sounds coming from the place. He recognized the sounds of merriment; something he had not heard since being marooned on this lizard infested rock with trees for hair! He knew the sounds of a tavern when he heard them and wanted desperately to taste the strong drink that it likely held within! Anything to take his mind off the savagery he had lived for the last three months.

Moving as quickly as his tired legs could carry him, he found his way at last into the tavern...looking around he likely seemed like some crazed man eyeballing civilization for the very first time ever.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#166 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The dark skinned native Sotha walks up the beach towards the first sign of people he has seen in many months. Like any good fighting man worth his weight in salty sweat, he heads straight for the sounds of the tavern. He passes by the common buildings along the way, seeing several townsfolk out about their daily routines. They all give him inquisitive looks, but none seem overly surprised by his appearance. This place has seen many adventuring types of all makes and sizes over the last few months.

Climbing the rickety ladder brings him up to the main room of the Treehouse. Arriving just after midday, the place is not overly busy. Three men sit around a corner table that is dominated by one giant of a man that must be nearly 7 feet tall. He wears heavy armor trimmed with thick furs, despite the oppressive heat. Sotha can only guess that he must be one of the northern barbarians he has heard about. The four sit around talking and singing loudly as they pound down mugs of rum and grog. Slurred verses about dragons and far off dungeons spill from their drunken lips as they recount tales of bravery and conquest.

A man and woman sit on shoddy stools at the makeshift long planked bar. They are eating a bowl of something that doesn't smell very good. They wash down they pungent stew with occasional sips from their mugs of Randall's by now infamous grog.

Unbeknownst to the exhausted savage fighter, he has arrived just in time to be one of the first to see the jovial proprietor Randall's newest undertaking.......food service. Randall and another man poke and prod at a tiny fire enclosed in a small metal brazier. The brazier sits on a ring of large rocks to keep the heat away from the brittle wood making up the floor. There is a metal stand holding a large iron pot over the flame. A viscous, bubbling porridge snaps and crackles as it boils, leaving the air in that corner of the bar filled with the same unpleasant scent coming from the patrons bowls.

Randall looks up from his culinary endeavors in his new backwoods kitchen once you enter. He greets you with a pearly white smile.
"Yessa! Yessa! Whagwan I bredren? Me no see you before, but you look to fit right in ear! Whatcha need? Rum?"

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#167 Post by Dalor »

Sotha seems stunned at first. It has been a long time since someone spoke words to him; and he realizes he hasn't spoken words out loud in the same time. He simply nods at the man speaking to him and walks to the plank bar and sits on a stool. Trying not to curl his lip at the foul odor from the food, he imagines it as goblin gruel, which he has been forced to live off of in the past.

From his stuffed pouch he pulls out a silver coin and lays it on the bar...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#168 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall looks Sotha up and down as he pulls out his modest coin.

"Ah! Grog it is den, I see!" He pours a thick pungent brew into a mug from a cask behind the bar then sets it in front of you, taking your silver in the process. "Try a fresh bowl a jungle stew, too? Jus made today! Only one more silver."

The barkeep leans in a little closer and speaks a little softer.

"Ya look familiar somehow, bredren. I don't remember ya comin in wit da udder ships, dough. How did you come to dis place if ya wern on one a da ships?

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#169 Post by Dalor »

Picking up on the man's accent, Sotha replies in the pidgin tongue of the islanders and pirates from near his home. "I'm los' to da waves bredren. Me ship, she drown in da sea a' leavin' me 'ere on da west coast near ta tree weeks gone by mahn! I tought I was a'goner for sure, but I foun' me way 'ere jus a bit ago. Where I be bredren?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#170 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall seems surprised to hear someone speaking a familiar dialect of his mashed-up island language.

"Only tree week, ya say? Nuh mon! Ya look like ya been out more like tree year!!! No offense of course, nuttin some good strong grog caan fix."

"Dis place is call Big Shiny Island ya find. An lucky fer you to be sure. You ship sink, ya say? An where ya from originally, den? Da sout?"

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#171 Post by Dalor »

"I ben in da jungle fo' a sure time mahn; may be dat it ben longa dan tree week an' more ta like tree mont' mahn...I dunno. Aye, I be from da sout pass da jungle in da lans o' da Tuov." Sotha takes a deep gulp of the grog and smiles broadly. "Dis is gewd mahn! Fo sho betta dan da jungle brew away back 'ome!" He turns the cup up and finishes it off gladly.

Looking around, he lowers his voice considerably to a whisper, "Who da boss 'ere bredren?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#172 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall

"Ha! I been tellin all dees people da same ting, but they don't seem to agree wit me on da taste."

The barkeep also lowers his voice and leans in, though he isn't really sure why.

"Missa Nehru run tings ear. Him a fair man, and kind. But me aint too sure bout his qualifications. He has him office at da back a da Hi-Lo."

Dalor
Strider
Strider

#173 Post by Dalor »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Randall

"Ha! I been tellin all dees people da same ting, but they don't seem to agree wit me on da taste."

The barkeep also lowers his voice and leans in, though he isn't really sure why.

"Missa Nehru run tings ear. Him a fair man, and kind. But me aint too sure bout his qualifications. He has him office at da back a da Hi-Lo."
Sotha thanks Randall deeply and smiles; then gets up and walks right out the door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#174 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote:Avalaa heads for the Treehouse.
Once he gets there and climbs up into the bar, he asks around for Chauncey, Lightfinger or Sotha, as these are the only adventuring types he knows so far. He also takes a moment to see if he can discover what happens to the table scraps.
Randall is alone in the tavern, preparing ingredients for the stew of the day.

"No scraps, mon! It all go inda pot!"

"Mi know dem, but don't know where dey is now. Eryone runnin roun like crazy chickens dis marnin."

"Mi know dem! But not you. Who you? You da guy Missa Nehru bring mi stew yessaday?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#175 Post by SirOwen »

Avalaa

Avalaa nods at the man's question. "Yes, Mr. Nehru was kind enough to bring me a bowl of your stew. It went down just fine, thank you very much! And you can call me Avalaa. I'm hoping to be the new wizard in town."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#176 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall

"Whagwan Av-a-laa! Niceta meetcha! Mi name Randall! I own dis ole place jano."

"So, ya like da stew? Ya come back fi moor?"

"Oooohh, a nudder wizzard? Dat very intresting."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#177 Post by SirOwen »

Avalaa

"I WILL be back for more," says Avalaa. "Right now, I have to catch up to some of these other guys. I need to make some money so I CAN buy more stew. You sure you use ALL the scraps? Say, what about the bones? Fish bones or whatever?"

Avalaa climbs down from the Treehouse and heads for the beach, leaning on his impressive staff in such a way as to let any potential troublemakers know they are dealing with a powerful wizard. Once at the beach, Avalaa looks up and down it, hoping to spot anyone he knows.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#178 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall lowers his head a little.

"Da people wit no food ear use da bones ta make fish bone soup. If mi give da bones to you, dey go hungry........er."

"If ya need money, Randall might be able to elp. Now dat me also in da food bisness, I will need a steady supply of greens and roots to make mi jungle stew. Dis ol area round town already very picked ova fo food. But if you come across anyting edible out der on yer journeys, bring it back ear to me. If it is enough, I will let you eat free. If it is more than enough, I will pay you gold in trade. Especially if it meat!"

Once outside, Avalaa sees all the normal goings on around town. Sotha is there, as are a few others. He has heard that a group left yesterday for the river. None from that group has made it back yet. He also sees a gathering of folks grouped up just a little ways down the beach. He spots Chauncey and Lightfinger amongst that group, two faces that he recognizes. They all seem to be looking around at the sand and jungle, staring up into the trees in one area.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#179 Post by SirOwen »

Avalaa

"Randall, I had no idea it was that bad here. No matter what else I do, I will see that I direct some more food this way. I don't like the idea of poor people going hungry any more than you do. Say, Mr.
Nehru paid for that bowl of stew he brought me. How much does a bowl that size cost? And how much for two coconuts?"

~Afterwards~ (And I'll also post this on the Crab Hunting thread)

Seeing two Chauncey and Lightfinger, Avalaa sets off down the beach toward them, staff in hand. As he gets closer, he calls to them, "Chauncey! Lightfinger! Good to see you again." He stares along with them, not really knowing what he is looking at. "Say, I'm not sure what you're doing,
but is there anything I can do to help?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#180 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall

"Yesa! Lot of ungry folk round ear! Dem got very likkle to eat."

"One silva fi da stew! One more silva each fi da coconuts. Dat would be tree silva! But I don't got no coconut right now. I will send a kid up da beach to fetch mo."

Return to “Completed Missions”