Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

#61 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It! Round 5
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Sacred Phanaton Clearing (Northeast of Town)
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Buggy

When the thing turns again, Jax slashes open a wide gash into its torso. A greenish, smelly sap starts to pour out of the wound.

The damage doesn't seem to deter its desire to kill though, as it slaps away at the monk again. This time the spikes of its arm drive into the bare flesh of the unarmored human, causing a rivulet of red blood to mix in with the heavy sweat running down the mans body. 6 dam

Storm is still there too......

Raythan shouts over the noise of the jungle and the battle from the safety of his branch.

"Maybe I can distract it by jumping down and letting it come after me again! Then you can swing at it from behind! Would that help? Just don't let it catch me!!!" The half-elf gets ready to jump down to the jungle floor again.

Actions!

Jaxsen Reiter 4/10
Storm Briarfoot 8/8 4/4 first
Raythan Crechan 5/6 0/1 first MU 1/3 first CL

Per the House Rules: Nat 20's are considered 2X rolled damage. viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6229#p291713

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Storm11 »

Storm barges into pole position, slashing ineffectually as usual. Flank the creature Jaxsen, and let it focus upon me, if you can.”

[1d20] = 6 : [1d8] = 7
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen falls back a half step, keeping the creature in range, but giving it just enough breathing room for Raythan to get its attention. At the first sign that it is changing its attack toward Raythan, Jaxsen strikes again. He misses, and immediately yells, "Keep moving, Raythan. Keep moving."

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 9

:evil: :evil: :lol: :evil: :evil:
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It! Round 6
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

Raythan jumps from his branch as Jaxsen steps aside, allowing the weird monster a good look at its preferred target.

Both adversaries swing and miss, but luckily, their plan works and the thing doesn't even bother countering. It ignores their attacks for a second time and rushes off towards the half-elf again. It is obvious that this thing really does hate elves.

Raythan rushes forward and spots the next branch he can hopefully try to save himself on.

Actions!

1 attack of opportunity each again this round, plus your normal action. Attacks from behind are at +2 to hit.

Jaxsen Reiter 4/10
Storm Briarfoot 8/8 4/4 first

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Storm11 »

Storm strikes out with his scimitar as the creature rushes past.

[1d20] = 18 : [1d8] = 3 (+2 to hit not included)

And he strikes again in succession.

[1d20] = 20 : [1d8] = 1 (+2 to hit not included)
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen also continues to attack at the spiny beast. Perhaps he finds himself encouraged by the success of Storm, but the young Monk likewise wreaks havoc on the monster.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 13 + 2 = 15

Jaxsen w/ Halberd Damage vs. S,M [1d10] = 4

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 17 + 2 = 19

Jaxsen w/ Halberd Damage vs. S,M [1d10] = 9

and 1 extra point of damage for 2 hits.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#67 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It! Round 7
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

The creature finally seems to notice that there are two others attacking it. Slashing and stabbing at the turned figure proves to be far more successful for the duo this time, but unfortunately, it causes a rather unpleasant reaction from the monster.

Now cut open badly, and oozing smelly sap from several wounds, the spiky man ignores the fleeing elf and weakly turns to face its aggressors. In the blink of an eye, the situation erupts as the beast let's out another loud grunt. The druid can't tell if this is some natural defense mechanism, or a last ditch effort to save itself, but several of its sharp spines are suddenly released into the air. They fly from its body in a shower, sticking into Jaxsen and Storm in multiple places. 6 dam
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG (18.89 KiB) Viewed 212 times
The pain and bleeding from the several tiny wounds are more than the already injured monk can take, causing him to fall unconscious to the jungle floor. Seeing this, Raythan rushes back towards the action to help the badly injured halfling with the nearly dead monster before he too succumbs to its vicious retaliation.

Actions!

Jaxsen Reiter -2/10 Unconscious
Storm Briarfoot 2/8 4/4 first

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Storm11 »

Storm leaps in front of the fallen monk, and slashes out again at the creature.

[1d20] = 19 : [1d8] = 4

if they are spiny projectiles can’t Jaxsen truly and deflect them with his monk missile deflection skill?
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#69 Post by OGRE MAGE »

NO! :D

I am going to rule that this type of attack is not the same as a normal missile.

There are way too many of the flying spikes to be able to avoid them by simply batting them away.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by SirOwen »

Well..... shit. :D :D
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#71 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It! Round 8
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

Raythan and Storm get the jump on the monster after it's devastating attack. The half-elf swings his staff at its gourd-like head, but misses so badly he almost hits the much shorter halfling instead. Storm has better luck.

For having such a weak start to the combat, the druid truly proves his martial worth in the end, slashing at the beast with his curved sword, and opening up one final oozing gash in the strange creature. It falls to the ground without a counter and lies there motionless, a few feet away from the bleeding monk.

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter -3/10 Unconscious/Bleeding Out

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Storm11 »

Storm drops his scimitar and rushes to the novice, ripping off some monk robe to make a bandage to stop the bleeding.

”Can you save him?” the halfling asks looking up to the half-elf?
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#73 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It!
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

Raythan kneels at the side of his fallen friend, causing more discarded monkoon bones to crunch under his weight beneath the jungle carpet. He uses the very last of his healing magic on Jaxsen, but alas, it still isn't enough to bring the young human back around.

The half-elf looks around the tattered clearing nervously as the afternoon turns into early evening. "My magic is now depleted. I don't think we should stay out here any longer than we have to. Any suggestions?"

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter -1/10 Unconscious
Raythan Crechan 5/6 0/1 first MU 0/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Storm11 »

Storm nods in agreement. How far is your base? Can we make a stretcher from the leaves and sticks here and take him back? Or perhaps find a defensible place to camp and rest?”
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Being exposed to the insects out here at night left you unconscious and nearly dead. I think we better try to make it back if we can. I will take his arms and try to follow our path back to the main trail. Can you grab his feet and try to help as best you can?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Storm11 »

I can try the halfling says, hoisting his feet as best he can after slipping his scimitar back into the scabbard upon his back.

Lets go!
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#77 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Return To Town
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Escaping The Sacred Phanaton Clearing (Northeast of Town)
Early Evening, Sticky, Humid, Buggy

The pair heads through the jungle once again, trying to remain on the same path that they took to get in here, hoping that it will lead them straight back to the loggers trail.

The going is painfully slow at first as they wind through the gnarled jungle undergrowth. It was hard enough passing through here with everyone walking under their own power, but it is proving to be nearly impossible to do while carrying the largest member of the group along.

After what seems like several hours pass, Raythan determines that they have made it nearly half way back to the larger trail. The sun has gone down now and the jungle is growing blacker with every labored step. The nighttime noise of the jungle is almost painfully loud to those with sensitive ears, but the swarming bugs are far, far worse to deal with. It is nearly impossible to even breath normally with them swarming around your heads.

Suddenly, a foreboding mental image washes over the half-elf when the pair starts to hear that same low pitched guttural grunting noise that they heard back in the clearing. It is not as loud yet, but it seems to be constant and coming from behind them, rising up above the jungles normal din.

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter -1/10 Unconscious
Raythan Crechan 5/6 0/1 first MU 0/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Storm11 »

”What the hells was that?” the Druid says eyes wide, stopping in his tracks and dropping Jax
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#79 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan looks around nervously.

"I don't know, but if we are set upon again, I don't think we would survive another conflict in our current condition."

"If you have no way of covering us from behind, you had better pick Jaxsen back up and..............RUN!"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Storm11 »

Storm picks up the unconscious monk and begins to run as fast as his small halfling legs can manage under all the heavy weight of the human
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Completed Missions”