It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 2199
Krystal

balances on the waters like an old hand at surfing. normal skill check [3d6] = 11

Concentrating on 'Beauregarde' his invisible form keeps close to her on the skiff.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13920
Location: Packerland
Night #2, On The River Trail
The End Of The Line, Round 3
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Evening, Hot, Buggy


The skiff continues to spin and lurch in the torrent of dark water. Krystal and Ferris are able to keep themselves balanced enough to not fall in, but there is little else they can actually do unless they can figure out some way of steering the raft down river. Ferris doffs his pack and digs out his tent poles. As he tries to balance himself and connect the two parts of the slim pole together, the raft is being slowly sucked towards the falls. The duo is getting soaked to the skin in the heavy spray. They spot a small whirlpool at the base of the falls that the raft is being pulled into.

Ferris shouts out for Brufrig to jump on as he thrusts his tent pole into the rushing water. The thin, collapsible pole is no match for the intense current and the gnome knows it will soon snap if he tries to use it to steer the raft. He uses it anyway, deciding that a broken pole would be a far better option than drowning. He is able to keep the skiff from being pulled any closer to the dangerous whirlpool, but he is sure that it will snap if he tries to push off with it any harder. Hard Dex checks for you two this round, please.

In the long barracks, Aldo dives under the table and rakes at the man’s ankle with his claws. With a shriek, the man stomps his foot down on the nearly dead cat. Luckily, he catches only Aldo’s tail. 1 dam Unluckily, the cat is now pinned to the floor with his tail held tightly under the man’s heavy shoe. The three men laugh about their new catch as the man bends down to grab ahold of the spunky animal.

Bonnie does not struggle against being held, so the guards release their iron grip on her arms slightly. She yells out for Brufrig to stop killing everyone and, to her amazement, he actually listens. The dwarf and priest are soon surrounded by the men, their swords and spears pointed in their faces as they catch their breath. Some of the men look back and forth to the dead men at their feet. They look as though they are about to extract their revenge any second.

Bonnie asks again for the robed man’s name and he finally answers the elf.

“I am called Snake-Eye by most, though that isn’t my real name, of course. Tell the pair on the raft to get back to shore here so we can put this little misunderstanding behind us and sit down to talk this little intrusion over. I assure you that we are quite civilized here. You have my word that the men will not kill any of you if you would only comply.”

Actions!

Ferris 6/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 0/1 first (US: 68) 3/6
Keilif C2 7/15 0/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Aldo 1/8

alone in the jungle:
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12 (private thread)

still back in the clearing:
Waesfaren Rhey -1/10 2/4 first


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 2199
Krystal

struggles to keep the raft from spinning, trying to her sword as a mini rudder. She calls to her Unseen Servant to manifest in the water at the back of the skiff and kick roughly doggy style and push the boat away from the whirlpool. "Downstream please not up!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 762
Bonnie

"Pleased to meet you Snake-Eye. I'd be most pleased to call my companions back, but..." She nods at the men holding her "these fine strong men would have to release me so I can get to the riverbank."

Bonnie smiles warmly and continues "How about we all lower our weapons and I'll try to get them back to shore. Anyone got a rope?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1415
Aldo

The 'trapped' cat squalls and snarls, twisting around to slash at the man's ankle.

Ya mufuguh! Ima kill you! Leggo me, ya bastage!


[1d20] = 8

[1d20] = 14
[1d2] = 2

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:35 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 177
Ferris

"Okay let us see if we can teach these pirates a thing or two about staying afloat!" says the gnome as he balances in the skiff. hard skill check [4d6] = 10

He tries a different strategy with the thin poles and sticks one through the left hand skin and the other through the right."Okay we have some skinny oars! lets get paddling as fast as we can!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf stands ready, keeping an eye on those in front of him and an ear out for Bonnie. If anyone attacks him or Keilif, or if it sounds like Bonnie is being harmed, Brufrig will go back to soaking the ground with the blood of his enemies.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13920
Location: Packerland
Night #2, On The River Trail
The End Of The Line, Round 3
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Evening, Hot, Buggy


Aldo is nearly spent, yet in true gritty fashion, he still isn't giving up. When the man bends down to grab the cat, he scratches at him again, drawing even more blood form his torn up ankle. The man gets really mad this time. He shouts to the others, still holding their loaded crossbows. “I am going to kick this little fucker hard!!! Shoot it when it flies across the room!!!”

He kicks away at the cat, releasing Aldo's tail from under his foot. He stumbles a little when he tries to boot it, only catching one rear leg with his foot. The kick does not connect hard enough to even injure the furry cat. The crossbow men keep laughing at the other man’s antics, shouting to him as he struggles. “Should we still shoot at it even if you can’t hit it?”

Bonnie plays nice, knowing full well that it is her only option. Snake-eye nods for the men to release her and the entire group moves over to where Brifrig and Keilif are standing, watching the pair on the raft fade away into the darkness of the night.

Krystal falls to the floor of the narrow skiff, almost falling into the water. She commands her invisible helper to get behind the skiff to push it down river, but it lacks the strength to act as the boats motor. Ferris pulls apart his tent pole again and tries using them as oars. This technique works even worse than the push pole idea. The boat begins to spin out of control again, heading straight towards the swirling whirlpool and falls. Three of the men at the shore run to the pole pile and grab long poles, reaching them out so those on the doomed raft can grab ahold of them. You can see them smile at you in the waning light, as if to say, “you can let us pull you back to shore…….or you can drown. Your choice.”
Another Hard Dex check from you two, please. Failure results in you falling into the water. Grabbing on to the proffered poles will result in an automatic success. You both have infravision, so there will be no adverse effect from the darkness.

Again Snake-eye speaks to Bonnie, Brufrig, and Keilif as the tumult rages on. “Are your friends good swimmers? It doesn’t take long to be killed in that rushing water. Again, no harm will come to you or your people if you all just lay down your arms and treat with us.”

Actions!

Ferris 6/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 0/1 first (US: 67) 3/6
Keilif C2 7/15 0/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Aldo 1/8

alone in the jungle:
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12 (private thread)

still back in the clearing:
Waesfaren Rhey -1/10 2/4 first


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1415
Aldo

The assasin cat is badly injured, but defiant. He heads for the nearest door or window, dodging under furniture as much as possible to keep out of the line of fire.

Fug ya all, ya fuggin' fugs!

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

Grab the poles and get back to land. No sense dyin' from the waterfall. Brufrig keeps his focus on the enemies, waiting to see how the tense situation will play out.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 177
Ferris

Sees his getaway plan just float away unlike him, will take up the offer of a pole.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 2199
Krystal

"oh shit" she says as she spins in circles. Drowning not a good option she hopes that she can survive the chain gang the pirates might gracefully put them too.

She scowls at itchy trigger finger Fez and takes the offer of a pole.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 762
Bonnie

While glad to see her companions choose the pole, she's a bit disheartened that the escape didn't work. "Excellent! Thank you for allowing them to help. I really didn't want to get my hair wet."

She moves alongside Snake-Eye. "Well. It looks like you'll have the opportunity to stay true to your word. I, for one, welcome the chance to talk."

Bonnie raises her voice over the chaos. "Everyone needs to keep calm. No need for further bloodshed!"

"And where the hell is my cat?!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13920
Location: Packerland
Night #2, On The River Trail
The End Of The Line, Round 3
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Evening, Hot, Buggy


In the long barracks, Aldo the cat realizes a little too late that it is time for him to flee. He jumps up to another small table near an open window. As he does this, he hears the unmistakable clicks of a few crossbows being fired. One bolt sails high, over the cat’s head and flies outside into the darkness. The second bolt plunks the cat squarely in his hip, tearing almost all the way through his body. 3 dam Aldo feels the cold grip of death start to set in……..once again. He topples from the table and falls feet first on the floor of the shack before the pain and loss of blood bring the reincarnated cat to unconsciousness.

At Bonnies command, the rattled rafters are pulled back to shore by the men with the long poles, dripping wet but happy to still be breathing. The eclectic group is assembled together again, held at sword and knife point and asked to disarm themselves. If these terms are not agreeable, the men are happy to assist forcefully, and eventually all your weapons and any other sharp objects are confiscated. Bonnie tries to keep everyone calm, trusting that they wont be hurt if they only comply. Once you are all secured and stripped of your dangerous possessions, Snake-eye speaks to the others.

“Let’s treat these folks with a little respect, shall we? At least until we are told what we can do with them. I would obviously like to put them to work with the others, but that might be against the Captains code of conduct. So, we will put them up in the dry cave until Bing gets back here.”

With that, some of the smugglers get a few torches lit while even more men continue to file in from the now dark fields. Soon there are at least 20 men wandering around the compound again. One of them is leading 2 of the huge, yellow ogres with him who get close enough for you to smell their distinct odor again. Your group is led to a cave that has been roughly cut out of the tall black cliff rock located a hundred yards or so away from the camp. The cave is dry and dusty, with mats for sleeping spread around on the floor. An old table with chairs sits in the middle of the cave that has a few half-burned candle stubs on it. The cave is pitch dark, but it is far enough away from the rushing water to be dry and somewhat quiet. An angry looking man walks towards the entrance holding the unconscious, bloody cat Aldo in one hand and asks, “Does this thing belong to any of you?”

Snake-eye speaks again as you are escorted inside. “Since I have no idea how long you will be staying as our guests here, I don’t see any need for you to be bound, but if you try anything foolish, I will rethink my position on that. Please make yourselves as comfortable as possible and I will have the men bring you some food and water. I will have a guard posted outside the cave in case anyone feels the need to do any late-night adventuring, but I would definitely suggest against that idea out here. You never know what might be waiting out in the darkness of this strange place at night. So, any questions for me before I retire for the evening?”

Keilif steps forward before the wiry mans mouth even closes.

"What are you doing with the local natives here? Have you enslaved them to do your own nasty bidding?"

Actions?

Ferris 6/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 0/1 first (US: 62) 3/6
Keilif C2 7/15 0/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Aldo -2/8 (Unconscious)

alone in the dark jungle:
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12 (private thread)

still back in the clearing:
Waesfaren Rhey -1/10 2/4 first


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 2199
Krystal

Tries a little sleight of hands to conceal the two gemstone rings on her fingers ( cheap quartz decor from some Saltmarsh bazaar 5gp value).

She fails and pouty lipped hands them over to the guard. "They are cursed you know. Will make gonads shrivel and wilt."

She instructs her unseen servant to follow close by.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 177
Ferris

"Err ... sorry, trigger fingers, caused by too much of the 'wacko-tobacco' that old yellow Gronk passed on to us.", say you couldn't spare a bit extra while we distress in this here cave could you?",

Ferris smiles offering his pipe and looks around gloomily at the options for escape. He decides against anything further rash and eyes up the surroundings for tools he can use to ad hoc together any escape packs. Are they locking us in and how many guards about?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 762
Bonnie

As the soon to be dead man brings in her feline friend, Bonnie races over and takes the body of Aldo away from him. "Aldo! What the hell happened?"

She turns to Keilif with pleading eyes. "Do something. Please help him!"

Bonnie starts to crumple down on her knees, holding the lifeless form of the cat who speaks. When she finally lifts her head, her eyes are red and she has composed herself a bit.

"Mr. Snake-Eye. I'd like a word with you, in private. I have a request and an offer of sorts." She flashes her bright smile once more. "I think I have shown myself to be a reasonable person to deal with."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1415
Aldo

The big cat squalls, dead before he hits the floor.

As Bonnie holds the lifeless form, she hears

Don' cry fer me, kiddo. mebbe next time we meet, I'll be human again... we kin... dance.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13920
Location: Packerland
You are not robbed, or stripped of any valuables. Only disarmed. They clearly notice that you have other possessions, but they don't feel the need to confiscate anything that doesn't look like it could kill a man.

They are not friendly with Brufrig in the least however, poking and swatting at him whenever they can. It becomes clear that they are not pleased by the fact that he has already killed three of their fellow crew. But whenever Snake-eye is present, they stop the physical stuff and only taunt the dwarf verbally.

Ferris does some visual reconnaissance and notices that there is no door or gate actually locking them inside the cave, but there is definitely more than one guard posted at the cave entrance. He counts at least 3 wandering around it. He also spots a few other men acting as sentries, watching the cave from a few differing vantages around the camp. Other than the meager furnishings, the cave is completely empty.

When the distraught Bonnie hands her limp cat to the sea priest, he gets another confused look on his wrinkled up white face. "What would you have me do? I am no animal handler. I don't even like cats! They make me itch!"

Snake-eye answers your questions as you ask them...

Smiling at Keilif:
"Yes, we are using the natives here as cheap labor. But they are being treated well, I assure you. Nothing wrong with a little "budding" enterprise to ship back to the mainlands."

To Ferris:
"Gronk you say again? And what happened to those two idiots at the barns, I wonder? Please tell me that you didn't kill them. Those big wild bastards are ever so hard to charm. If it is only the weed that you desire little one, you may have all that you can smoke whilst you patiently wait for the captain to arrive. And this will help, believe me." He sees to it that you get an ogre sized handful of freshly chopped stalks with plenty of fat buds on them.

And to Bonnie:
"You have indeed proven yourself reasonable enough. I have pressing business that requires my immediate attention. Continue to keep your friends here in line overnight, and I will have a private breakfast with you in the morning. Fair enough?"

Actions?

So, since this group has been so awesomely patient while others in the game are already leveling, I am going to bend my own rule just a little bit and allow you the chance to level in a less than perfect environment.

Since the smugglers obviously don't view any of you as a serious threat at the moment, I will allow you to ask them for anything you think you might need to do your studying, practicing, and training in order to advance.

I will figure up XP earned so far and post it in my next few actions. If any of you have gained enough to level, and don't piss off your captors beforehand, you will be allowed to gain that level while you wait this out.

I hope that sounds fair enough. :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: Oregon, WI
How closely did they search us?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group