It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Krystal

balances on the waters like an old hand at surfing. normal skill check [3d6] = 11

Concentrating on 'Beauregarde' his invisible form keeps close to her on the skiff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Night #2, On The River Trail
The End Of The Line, Round 3
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Evening, Hot, Buggy

The skiff continues to spin and lurch in the torrent of dark water. Krystal and Ferris are able to keep themselves balanced enough to not fall in, but there is little else they can actually do unless they can figure out some way of steering the raft down river. Ferris doffs his pack and digs out his tent poles. As he tries to balance himself and connect the two parts of the slim pole together, the raft is being slowly sucked towards the falls. The duo is getting soaked to the skin in the heavy spray. They spot a small whirlpool at the base of the falls that the raft is being pulled into.

Ferris shouts out for Brufrig to jump on as he thrusts his tent pole into the rushing water. The thin, collapsible pole is no match for the intense current and the gnome knows it will soon snap if he tries to use it to steer the raft. He uses it anyway, deciding that a broken pole would be a far better option than drowning. He is able to keep the skiff from being pulled any closer to the dangerous whirlpool, but he is sure that it will snap if he tries to push off with it any harder. Hard Dex checks for you two this round, please.

In the long barracks, Aldo dives under the table and rakes at the man’s ankle with his claws. With a shriek, the man stomps his foot down on the nearly dead cat. Luckily, he catches only Aldo’s tail. 1 dam Unluckily, the cat is now pinned to the floor with his tail held tightly under the man’s heavy shoe. The three men laugh about their new catch as the man bends down to grab ahold of the spunky animal.

Bonnie does not struggle against being held, so the guards release their iron grip on her arms slightly. She yells out for Brufrig to stop killing everyone and, to her amazement, he actually listens. The dwarf and priest are soon surrounded by the men, their swords and spears pointed in their faces as they catch their breath. Some of the men look back and forth to the dead men at their feet. They look as though they are about to extract their revenge any second.

Bonnie asks again for the robed man’s name and he finally answers the elf.

“I am called Snake-Eye by most, though that isn’t my real name, of course. Tell the pair on the raft to get back to shore here so we can put this little misunderstanding behind us and sit down to talk this little intrusion over. I assure you that we are quite civilized here. You have my word that the men will not kill any of you if you would only comply.”

Actions!

Ferris 6/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Krystal 4/5 CL DM RM 0/1 first (US: 68) 3/6
Keilif C2 7/15 0/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Aldo 1/8

alone in the jungle:
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12 (private thread)

still back in the clearing:
Waesfaren Rhey -1/10 2/4 first

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Krystal

struggles to keep the raft from spinning, trying to her sword as a mini rudder. She calls to her Unseen Servant to manifest in the water at the back of the skiff and kick roughly doggy style and push the boat away from the whirlpool. "Downstream please not up!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 am 
Ranger
Ranger

Bonnie

"Pleased to meet you Snake-Eye. I'd be most pleased to call my companions back, but..." She nods at the men holding her "these fine strong men would have to release me so I can get to the riverbank."

Bonnie smiles warmly and continues "How about we all lower our weapons and I'll try to get them back to shore. Anyone got a rope?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am 
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Aldo

The 'trapped' cat squalls and snarls, twisting around to slash at the man's ankle.

Ya mufuguh! Ima kill you! Leggo me, ya bastage!

[1d20] = 8

[1d20] = 14
[1d2] = 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:35 am 
Tracker
Tracker

Ferris

"Okay let us see if we can teach these pirates a thing or two about staying afloat!" says the gnome as he balances in the skiff. hard skill check [4d6] = 10

He tries a different strategy with the thin poles and sticks one through the left hand skin and the other through the right."Okay we have some skinny oars! lets get paddling as fast as we can!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf stands ready, keeping an eye on those in front of him and an ear out for Bonnie. If anyone attacks him or Keilif, or if it sounds like Bonnie is being harmed, Brufrig will go back to soaking the ground with the blood of his enemies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25