It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 173
Avalaa

"Chauncey, sir, you do not need worry about my ambitions. I am perfectly willing to concede your greatness. All I want is to be a successful, rich, and well-respected wizard. Being the greatest is of lesser concern. Besides, the greatest always attracts the ones desperate to make a name for themselves. But, when they come, blood in their eyes, hands twitching with nasty spells, demanding I point to the most powerful wizard I know, I'll be glad it's not me. Drink?"

_________________
"There is no spoon."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2105
Chauncey immediately begins worrying about Avalaa's ambitions. "Ahem... let them come, I say. When my plans are fully realized I'll need not fear anyone. Not even... ahem..." he looks pale for a moment as if suddenly remembering something unpleasant. "...no one! You'll be glad to have been my stalwart ally when that day comes. That day when I realize my plan. You can say you were there."

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 173
Avalaa

"Glad to have that out of the way," Avalaa says. He takes another bite of the crab meat, and grins. "I just wish there was some butter."

Swallowing and wiping his chin, Avalaa continues, "I would still like to try to exchange some spells. I happen to have a very powerful Charm spell you might be interested in. The last time I used it, it lasted for months. Absolutely convinces the object that you are their best friend. I would be willing to exchange it for your Sleep charm."

Avalaa reaches down and hands Rollo a piece of the crab meat. "Good boy."

Turning back to Chauncey again."I understand that given your position as top wizard, you might feel it beneath you to exchange enchantments. Do you know of any other mages on the island?"

_________________
"There is no spoon."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2623
Raythan will feast and apply one more CLW to Monocar

[1d8] = 1 CLW monocar OOC: One it is

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1435
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Monocar

Sleeping deeply. Not even moving. One would think he was dead if not for thr snoring, although once the heal spell is added, his chest seems to rise and fall a bit easier. Mumbling something incoherent. "uhmmm... muhm... invest in google...." cough! Snort! Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8278
Location: 1977
Jack, lost boy:

"Stupid Clancy!" Jack grumbles, pouting all the way back to his hammock. He falls asleep immediately and dreams of glorious adventure: fighting a giant crab monster with arrow and sword!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2105
SirOwen wrote:
Avalaa

Turning back to Chauncey again."I understand that given your position as top wizard, you might feel it beneath you to exchange enchantments. Do you know of any other mages on the island?"
"Eh... lets not be hasty now." says Chauncey. "Charms a creature for months, you say? I have, as of yet, been unable to acquire the precise written incantation for such a spell. I will agree to your "trade." Perhaps we can enact the transaction tomorrow? Ahem!... there is, in fact, another magic user on the island." he continues, "A certain Krystal? I believe she's off scouting a river with some others at the moment. I will leave it to you to form your own judgement of her character - to me she seems a bit... off. I, quite frankly, don't trust her."

With that, Chauncey will try to heave his crab claw "trophy" back to his shack. It's unmanageable and much heavier than he expected. After pondering the situation for a moment, he goes back to his shack, empties the contents of his pack on his hammock, then returns to the fire pit with his empty backpack. Lining it as carefully as he can with leaves, he will begin pulling meat out of the claw and stuffing it into the backpack until it is full. "This should be sufficient for my purposes.." he says. He will then dig out the rest of the claw meat and deposit it on some palm fronds. "This portion I magnanimously share with the hungry villagers! Please help yourself... Goodness! No shoving, now, please! You're, disheveling my robes! ...ahem! Bon appetit." He excuses himself from the feast, dons the crab pack and totes the now empty claw back to his domicile.

As he departs, he yells back to the cooks. "Try to preserve as much of the shell intact as you can! I still believe it could be fashioned into an armor of sorts for the large... eh... simple fellow, Monocar."

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 948
Luther

Luther collects whatever entrails he can from the crab, intending to use them as part of the troll bait. He'll then head for bed.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 173
Avalaa

Speaking to Chauncey, Avalaa says, "I would not have it said of me that I spoke anything but the whole truth in a business matter. The Charm spell is more or less effective based upon the intelligence of the subject. The smarter they are, the sooner they will throw it off. But yes, against a subject not long on wits, it can indeed last months."

"Krystal, you say?" Avalaa asks. "Then I will indeed speak with her when she returns, if she be willing. And I shall judge to see if she is someone I would want to do business with, given that you do not entirely trust her. Tomorrow norning, then? Sleep well, Chauncey."

Avalaa and Rollo walk around the gathering, meeting the locals and the rest of the adventurers alike. He is used to Rollo's size putting some folks off, and he does nothing to make them think he is at all nice, only obedient and powerful. When he and Rollo have had just a bit more feasting, they return to their shack, Avalaa in his hammock and Rollo in his own. As he takes off Rollo's armor, he thinks to himself, 'I helped feed hungry people today. A good start here.' He bars his door, swings the shades closed and sleeps the sleep of the innocent.

_________________
"There is no spoon."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3241
Location: Midwest
Lightfinger strolls.

His belly full, the Tallfellow again tours the village. Perhaps he'll run into the Grandmotherly Hag, or even an old Magician. Or perhaps he'll return to his hammock after the patrol is complete.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 12596
Location: Packerland
I will close this thread up now and figure out XP for those involved.

The morning feast and any other town action can be continued here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 12596
Location: Packerland
And finally.......

Your reward!


viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6230#p320101


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group