It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1553
Miss Tal

"Looks all dressed up ready for church, maybe going to a tea party, or a funeral. Maybe hers...!" says Krystal

"Strange an old lady all alone would be here, mind you I have heard of similar religious 'mela' gatherings in the east continent where senile old people are taken hundreds of miles on pilgrimages to bathe in the holy waters of the Ganges and then dumped by the riverbank, relative told "oh grandma died on the way back."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2017
Chauncey will scuttle up next to Jack, cautiously, trying to make out the "grandma" from a safe distance. "Do you think it's a witch? Or a hag? ...A well dressed nymph?... or ...perhaps it is just a regular "grandma," as you say? One with a proclivity for long, bug-ridden, solitary jungle walks?" he says, squinting suspiciously at the figure.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 890
Luther

She looks like trouble. Alone, out here in the jungle? By all means, we should check her out- but be wary.

Luther stays where he is, arrow nocked.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2293
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

I'll go check it out. I don't think there is anything to fear from the body on the ground, but keep an open eye for an ambush.

Brufrig will advance at a normal pace, halberd in hand but not in a ready position. When he gets 20 feet from the body, he will stop, look around, and ready his weapon. If he sees nothing (and nothing happens) he will cautiously advance, calling out to the person in the road. Hello! Are you ok? I'm here to help you. When he is able to get a good look at the body so he may assess the situation, he will stop, only approaching to make contact if everything seems safe.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 12369
Location: Packerland
Brufrig the dwarf begins to advance on the figure lying in the trail when suddenly he and a few others spot something very strange. The bonnet wearing "grandma" lifts her head off the ground slightly and looks in your direction, then immediately drops her head back to the trail.

The dwarf stops abruptly and calls out a greeting. There is no answer and nobody in the group spots any more movement from granny. Jack looks all around the area, thinking that this is certainly some type of game they are all playing in. He easily spots two more people hiding very poorly in the wet trees, one on each side of the trail.

Actions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3207
Location: Midwest
Lightfinger melts into the greenery.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8069
Location: 1977
Jack, lost boy:

Jack happily points at the two people playing hide and seek and yells at the top of his little lungs: "Okay, you two! We see you! Come on out! Ollie, ollie, oxen free!"

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2293
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

Hearing Jack announce the presence of others, the dwarf will ready his halberd and advance upon the "body", attacking at the slightest provocation.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2017
Chauncey, grabbing a pinch of sand, will prepare to Sleep a fool, should the need arise.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 912
Franny looks around for any others that may may be trying to sneak up on the group from behind. Brufrig, what's going on with the old lady, why is she there?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 453
Bonnie

Irritated by the seemingly amateur hour distraction, Bonnie pulls her bow and scans the treetops for activity. "It has to be a diversion. Right?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8069
Location: 1977
Jack, lost boy:

Delighted with this unexpected game, Jack looks around, seeking more hiders. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1553
Krystal moves to the back of the group, trying to judge the distances so that she is away from any AoE caused by spells such as sleep or entangle. Rogues are known to ply their trade on such unsuspecting groups so she draws her longsword and waits for these people to either identify themselves or move on.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:54 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 890
Luther

Luther prepares to fire on the person to the right of the trail Enough silly shit, people!

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2585
Raythan too, pauses and searches the jungle behind them for any more fools.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:45 am 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1362
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Monocar

Looks to his feet for a rock or two to make ready for throwing or, if need be, bashing in skulls. He's in no mood. As he does this, he moves back with Krystal, knowing he is in no condition for hard melee.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 12369
Location: Packerland
A Good Place For A Stick-up

The astute adventurers aren't really fooled by this obvious diversion, well, most of them aren't. When Brufrig draws closer, the "granny" jumps up and confronts the lone dwarf holding a staff in a aggressive manner.
Attachment:
IMG_0872.JPG
IMG_0872.JPG [ 24.2 KiB | Viewed 51 times ]

Just then the two badly hidden men also jump out of the tree line, brandishing short swords and wearing patchwork leather armor.

Granny speaks for the group.
"Alrighty den folks. Dis here is what's known as a rubbery. You all just hand over every bit a yer coin and magic, an we won't have to kill you."

All three actually seem quite serious about this.

Actions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8069
Location: 1977
Jack, lost boy:

Jack's not sure what this game is, but he likes it!

Smiling broadly, he nocks an arrow and says in a childish sing-song taunt, "No, you hand over every bit of your coin and magic and we won't have to kill you!"

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 890
Luther

The ranger doesn't bother to reply, just shoots the guy to the right of the trail.

init. [1d10] = 4
attack [1d20] = 18
arrow [1d6] = 3

attack [1d20] = 14
arrow [1d6] = 2

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2293
Location: Oregon, WI
Brufrig Granitesunder

Looks like you picked the wrong people to try to "rub," the dwarf says as he swings his halberd at granny.


_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group