1. Specularum

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: 1. Specularum

#61 Post by Craigers07 »

Blercer - Thief

"That sounds like a good deal for all of us Captain. Let's plan on leaving as soon as possible."

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by tumblingdice »

Tret, give us a reaction roll, O charismatic one. (2d6)
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by greyarea »

Tret has a sparkle in his eye
Charm [2d6] = 9

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by tumblingdice »

Alonso scowls. "Three fifty? Blercer, what have I done to deserve such an insult? Five hundred gold, in advance, and not a copper less. Meet me here at the dock in the morning!"

With that he turns around, and waddles up the gangplank to his ship.

Actions? There are other ships in the harbor.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by spanningtree »

Soldath - Mage

Soldath shrugs: I guess that will work, I can toss 100 gold coins in tomorrow morning. Let's get back to the tavern and get properly muddied before we take off.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by connivingsumo »

Hildebad: bearded lady Dwarf

Slightly confused by the verbal exchange that just transpired, she tugs her brother's sleeve, nods at Hanequin, and follows Soldath back to the inn.

OOC: Tumblingdice ~ I just noticed your signature = hilarious! :lol: :ugeek:

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by greyarea »

Tret turns to the others. I tried... he says sheepishly. He will find a woman tonight before the upcoming drought, no offense Hildebad. :)

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by badams30 »

Gristle - Dwarf

Gristle shrugs and shakes his head, turning to Hanequin and he says "Looks like it's time for some seafaring! You ever been to sea before? I don't like it. No sir. But I've got some medicine to help with the voyage, eh?" And with a sly grin he produces one of his flasks, shaking it for affect. As he catches sight of Hildebad glancing at him he stows it quickly and starts to whistle.

OOC: Gristle has nothing to do until we set sail, other than drink and be annoying. So that's his plan.

Rattler45
Runner
Runner

#69 Post by Rattler45 »

Hanequin-Cleric

Gristle, that's your medicine for all that ails you. In fact, it's your medicine for when you've had too much medicine. he says with mock disapproval and then winks.

He follows behind his dwarven friends and heads toward the tavern. If for no other reason than to keep Gristle from passing out at the table and spending the night under it.

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by Craigers07 »

Blercer - Thief

"I have no idea Captain."

Blercer digs a little deeper into his pocket.

"Well, it looks like I have 100 gold coins in my pocket after all! 500 gold will be fine if you can get us to the island safely. We'll see you tomorrow Captain."

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by connivingsumo »

Hildebad: Bearded lady Dwarf

At the gathering, Hildebad drinks less and keeps an eye out more.
greyarea wrote:Tret turns to the others. I tried... he says sheepishly. He will find a woman tonight before the upcoming drought, no offense Hildebad. :)
:lol:

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by tumblingdice »

Your plans made, you make your way out of the harbor, and soon disappear into the crowded, twisting streets of Specularum as you head back to the Black-Heart Lily.

Two longshoreman, loading a nearby ship, exchange glances. "Alert Karllag," one says. The other nods, then vanishes into the shadows.

More in the morning.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:More in the morning.
:shock:

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by tumblingdice »

Day 2, Black-Heart Lily Tavern, North End of Specularum, late evening

You make your way through the crowds--the markets, squares, gates and alleys of the city--and back to the familiar neighborhood of the Black-Heart Lily. As you open the door, the scent of ale, tobacco, sweat, sawdust and stew welcomes you. Luther is overseeing preparations for the evening rush, but greets you with a smile and a nod.

Within minutes you're seated at a table. "Any luck down at the docks," Luther asks as he sets a round of drinks down in front of you?"

Actions?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by connivingsumo »

Hildebad: Bearded Dwarf lady
She smiles at Luther, "Well... our luck idn't too bad, me thinks. We met some very fine gents... fer sea-rats, that is!" she snorts out a burst of laughter and elbows her brother.

Hilde drinks one Ale, pays for it, then purchases a second that she nurses. She keeps an eye - a close eye! - on the patrons, over hearing what she can, and observing anything out of the ordinary.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by badams30 »

Gristle Stonefist - Super-Dwarf

Gristle rubs his ribs after Hildebad's painful elbowing and says "Aye! It seems we've found a floating bar for our journey, oh, things are lookin' up, they are!"

Gristle stands on the barstool, tossing 10PP on the counter and saying loudly "DRINKS FOR THE HOUSE! OL' GRISTLE IS PICKIN' UP THE TAB!" he winks at the barkeep and says "Fill me tankard with the good stuff, eh? And can ya' send out a call for some ladies for me and ol' Hanequin?" He smiles at the cleric and then he continues "And 50 gold to ya if ya kin find a strapping lad for me sister!" YEEEE HAAAWWWW!"

And with that, Gristle is off to the races, joyfully abandoning all common sense and decorum. I've deducted 10PP and 100GP for this romp. He'll pay up to 100GP more if some women are produced. He's got no shame.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by spanningtree »

Soldath - Mage

Soldath will take Gristle up on his hospitality: This is going to be a crazy voyage... He will mutter watching the outburst.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#78 Post by Bloodaxe »

Syrus Once-dark

Syrus slowly moves over to the others and pulls out a small pouch and tosses it on the table. (200 gp worth of gems)

I am looking forward to this journey together. he says in a deadpan voice.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by connivingsumo »

Hildebad: Bearded Lady Dwarf

"What in nine anvils is all this coin tossin about? Are we pitchin in fer the boat ride already?" She looks sheepish, if not embarrassed at her lack of coin.

"I have some coin ta contribute. T'aint as much as yer throwin'round on floozies!" her eyes burn into Gristle.

She calculates the cost of food, a room, a little extra "just in case" and determines it will be very tight, but "I got a 100 gold coin ta contribute - when the morn comes."

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by tumblingdice »

Luther's eyes go wide at the sight of all that coin. "Put it away, man," he laughs. "That'll pay for more spirits than I sell in in a fortnight. Go on, before I change my mind."

"As for pleasant company," he adds, gesturing around the room, "take a look around. What you see is what you get. I don't arrange those sorts of things," he says with a hint of indignation in his voice.

One of the barmaids approaches Luther, then, gesturing to behind the bar, whispers in his ear. The barkeep nods. "Gentlemen, ladies," he adds with a tilt of the head to Hildebad. "I almost forgot. A gentleman came in an hour or so ago, looking for you. Tall man, red robes. Black beard. A wizard I should say, from the looks of him." Making his way behind the bar, he disappears from view as he ducks down to retrieve something. "Yes, here it is." Rising, he returns to you, with a coarse burlap sack.

"It has a note," Luther says, "though I'm not much for letters. I think it says: 'to Masters Soldath Vorloi and Tret Renegats. From an old friend."

He drops the sack on the table with a thud, much louder than expected, and startling the poor fellow. The room goes silent, as all eyes turn to investigate the sound.

"Well," he says, recovering from the initial shock, "go on."

Actions?

Return to “The Isle of Dread (Labyrinth Lord)”