Out-of-character chat

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Out-of-character chat

#41 Post by connivingsumo »

So I put up a new 'combat' pic of Hilde wielding that mighty, awesome, magical, Dwarven shield of hers! :lol: :lol:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:Loot (lots of potions, because potions are fun)

Hildebad:
Shield +1
Potion of ESP
Potion of Sweetwater

Gristle:
Battle axe +1
Potion of water breathing
Potion of flying
ZERO complaints about Hilde's loot, but she better hold Gristle's potions lest he fall over drunk and smash'em! :lol:
POTIONS? Gristle don't need no potions. All the magic he needs is in one of his flasks. A few slugs of whiskey and wham! Potion of Heroism...

Rattler45
Runner
Runner

#43 Post by Rattler45 »

connivingsumo wrote:So I put up a new 'combat' pic of Hilde wielding that mighty, awesome, magical, Dwarven shield of hers! :lol: :lol:
Where does one find such a pic?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by connivingsumo »

Rattler45 wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:So I put up a new 'combat' pic of Hilde wielding that mighty, awesome, magical, Dwarven shield of hers! :lol: :lol:
Where does one find such a pic?
Did you see it? Did you like it?

I found it on gewgull. :D *I think I may have searched: female dwarf shield ~ or something like that.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by tumblingdice »

Hanequin and Blercer, I need a few words about your character's background, then we can start.

Hildebad and Gristle just came off a stint guarding the gnome caravan from Highforge to Specularum. Soldath and Tret (greyarea's character) just parted ways with their friend Athelstan after accompanying him to the city to deliver news of his comrade at arms Renardius' death to his family. Syrus is looking for a new adventure after changing his evil ways, turning over a new leaf, buying a one-way ticket, etc.

Is Blercer a wanderer? Or a capital city street thug in good standing with the Kingdom of Thieves, the local thieves guild? Or maybe he's fallen out of favor, and looking to skip town for a few months.

Hanequin, Darokin is a civilized, mercantile nation. To quote Blazing Saddles--which I do whenever possible--what's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? Hunting jackals? Visiting your rich merchant uncle, who may have a lead on a new, highly profitable but risky venture, etc.?

These are all just suggestions. If you have a different idea, go with it. It's your character, your game.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Craigers07 »

I updated my PC with a brief description. Sorry if I caused any delay.

I just realized that Hanequin is also from Darokin. Let's hope he hasn't crossed paths with Blercer!

I'm adding my weapons and equipment now.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by connivingsumo »

Readyyyyyyy GO! :mrgreen:

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Bloodaxe »

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the Skipper brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
the Minnow would be lost.
The Minnow would be lost.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by connivingsumo »

Bloodaxe wrote:Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the Skipper brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
the Minnow would be lost.
The Minnow would be lost.
Gilligan little buddy!

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by tumblingdice »

Okay. Let's get started, then. Stand by for a few PMs to set the scene...
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by greyarea »

Tret is in the hoooooouse!

I have Golthar's Dagger and Belt from Tret's previous adventures with Soldath. Is that cool or should I start with nuttin'?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by tumblingdice »

Welcome, greyarea.

Characters start with any equipment within reason, 1d6x100 gp, and 3 magic items. Tret can keep his magic bow and arrows, plus the Bugman's special brew potion of healing. Golthar's belt was sold to help Soldath pay for some of his...medical bills. Please adjust Tret's character sheet accordingly.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by greyarea »

tumblingdice wrote:Welcome, greyarea.

Characters start with any equipment within reason, 1d6x100 gp, and 3 magic items. Tret can keep his magic bow and arrows, plus the Bugman's special brew potion of healing. Golthar's belt was sold to help Soldath pay for some of his...medical bills. Please adjust Tret's character sheet accordingly.
Hey, those medical bills weren't Trets doing! I didn't tell him to get bit! :)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Tret is in the hoooooouse!

I have Golthar's Dagger and Belt from Tret's previous adventures with Soldath. Is that cool or should I start with nuttin'?
Woot! 8-)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by greyarea »

Cool. I've done so and added some non-magical gear. I rounded down GP wise because Tret's been wining and dining Soldath for a while -- first to try to avoid getting all eaten and second to get back in his good graces. It's not everyday you become buddies with the guy you tried to backstab (literally). :)

I love when characters have backgrounds that interweave - especially when it did so organically like these two. :)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by spanningtree »

greyarea wrote:

Cool. I've done so and added some non-magical gear. I rounded down GP wise because Tret's been wining and dining Soldath for a while -- first to try to avoid getting all eaten and second to get back in his good graces. It's not everyday you become buddies with the guy you tried to backstab (literally). :)

I love when characters have backgrounds that interweave - especially when it did so organically like these two. :)
Soldath's not sure who's following who. To that end, he has formed a bit of a dependency on Tret to find interesting (and usually dangerous) things to do. Having his mind taken over for a bit has left him a bit muddled.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by connivingsumo »

<insert Benny Hill music with patting people on the top of the head, repeatedly> Who are we waiting on?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:<insert Benny Hill music with patting people on the top of the head, repeatedly> Who are we waiting on?
Who do you think we're waiting for? That Sumo guy. I swear, that fella is so lost, he has to drop his trousers to count to 21....

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by tumblingdice »

badams30 wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:<insert Benny Hill music with patting people on the top of the head, repeatedly> Who are we waiting on?
Who do you think we're waiting for? That Sumo guy. I swear, that fella is so lost, he has to drop his trousers to count to 21....
That's because his calculator fell through a hole in his inside pocket, right? ;)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
badams30 wrote:
That's because his calculator fell through a hole in his inside pocket, right? ;)
hahaha :lol: :D

Return to “The Isle of Dread (Labyrinth Lord)”