It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 2199
Your party has been traveling overland to Glantri City. Made up of an eclectic bunch of heroic adventurers, you have all for personal reasons taken up an invitation to answer a call for aid.

For some it has been a long arduous route, a few benefit from a local familiarity with the route. Your quest however it came about was initiated by the Princes of Glantri , looking for brave adventurers willing to undertake a special mission (for a suitable fee, of course). You were especially eager to receive the commission, because the Princes of Glantri are noted not only for their generosity with money but also with the rare and valuable magical gifts.

Leading pack mules laden with supplies, you have been following a river from a nearby port, that the local inhabitants assured you would lead to Glantri City. Unfortunately, no hired guide was available, and either the directions given you were wrong or you have taken the wrong fork by mistake. At any rate, you have good reason to suspect that you are lost and will have to retrace your route tomorrow. The sun is setting and it is time to make camp. The most defensible campsite is on a nearby hill, previous stone workings and the remnants of wooden stockades ring the ground. The night passes safely, a thick mist billowing in from off the coast, enveloping the hillside and dousing the campfire lights. Throughout the night, the pack mules remain skittish and fret fitfully. Likewise, those in the party barely sleep, plagued by unusual nightmares. When the sun finally rises, you stare out at a world gone mad. Instead of the hill where you made camp last night, your bedrolls now lie in the garden of an ornate mansion. It looks like a huge squat palace with great wings of several rooms separated by a huge glazed dome.

Looking back over the hillside to get your bearing, surely you didn't camp in someone's private estate? you see a frightening sight. A billowing, thick, smoky grey mist which surrounds the mansion blocking all sight beyond. Even the sun and cloud above are hard to distinguish through the ghostly vapours. Strange groans and echoing wails emit from deep within the mist and shadowy figures move at the very edge of your discernment.

Looking towards the mansion, you see a tall figure approaching you. Carrying a small lantern and a silver tray of crystal glasses and a decanter with a soft pale blue liquid sloshing awkwardly inside as his limp gaits trudges him closer to you. He is looks gaunt and drawn, his long straggly hair hardly combed and balding on top. Dressed as a butler in black waistcoat and tails, he bows to you with a small nod of his head, and speaks in a low monotonous bored drawl, as if expecting your late arrival. "Ah! More guests I see, well, well, well, don't just stand there. Enter please do, and be welcomed to the Chateau."


[img]
Attachment:
Amber%20butler.jpg
[/img]


Attachments:
Amber butler.jpg
Amber butler.jpg [ 65.72 KiB | Viewed 327 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 18216
Location: Central Vermont
Drake "Drago" Montillo gives the man a polite bow in kind though something about the butler makes the hairs on his neck stand on end as do the hairs upon his arms. "Ah so some sort of luck or perhaps a spell disguise hid the castle from us or brought us to it by any means we appear to somehow be in the correct place and expected my friends shall we proceed into the Chateau?" grabbing up his things and looking around the wizard decides to ask the butler "Uh what of our mules is there a stable we can move them into?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Kelben Timbers Rock Gnome Rogue - Dave's 5e Game
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger & Drogo Underbough Halfling Cleric - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
DM - Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2180
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Viola Belle

The No-Longer-Lady Belle is on her feet in a moment when she wakes to notice their surroundings no longer match the ones they fell alseep to. "Wake up you fools! We've been deceived!" she hisses as her hand grasp her bow, nocking an arrow and scanning the misty edges her ears trying to zero in on the sounds beyond.

Her next reaction is to spin arround when she hears the door open, staring down the shaft at the disgusting human. She holds the stiff position for a long moment as if she will loose the arrow, but hesitantly lowers it when Drago steps up. Her eyes narrow in suspicion but her bow is still ready in her hands.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 18216
Location: Central Vermont
Drake "Drago" Montillo "Calm yourself Lady Belle, it appears were were not necessarily tricked, however perhaps since were were expected some time back at Glantri City they may have had their mages locate us and cast a spell to teleport us from where we were lost to our current location. I've heard of such spells though never been part of such. That or we did indeed locate the city and it was magically protected and disguised in what we thought we set camp in. So I beg of you to calm yourself." despite his words his body tells Lady Belle a different story he too is a bit weary of the butler and what has happened though he is keeping for the most part calm and collected putting on the gentile act of politeness. "Come let us gather our camp and be seen by our host shall we?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Kelben Timbers Rock Gnome Rogue - Dave's 5e Game
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger & Drogo Underbough Halfling Cleric - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
DM - Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2625
Location: Pennsylvania
Bob clearly looks confused about what's going on. With no immediate threat advancing upon his person, he waits for the party to decide what to do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 am
Posts: 13
Bors Pitkin wakes slowly and gets to his feet Pick in hand. He looks warily about taking in the party`s new location. "Hey... Mage, what magic is this that moves a sleeping Dwarf and his comrades without waking? And who is this fellow?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 18216
Location: Central Vermont
Drago shrugs "Sorry master dwarf, it was no magics of my working, and I failed to ask the man his name. I know not whom he is, ah well how rude of me I shall ask." looking to the butler looking fellow "Forgive me good sir but might I inquire as to your name?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Kelben Timbers Rock Gnome Rogue - Dave's 5e Game
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger & Drogo Underbough Halfling Cleric - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
DM - Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2180
Location: Fort Smith, AR
GreyWolfVT wrote:
Drake "Drago" Montillo ...despite his words his body tells Lady Belle a different story he too is a bit weary of the butler and what has happened ...


The rouge picks up on the things not said and makes only a minimal show of relaxing but her eyes continue to dart about even as she gathers her belongings and shoulder her bow. her hand rest on her small dagger, elven ears twitching slightly at every sound, not letting her guard down.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 1175
Location: Midwest
Andor awakes to the strange surroundings not sure he believes his senses. He does not trust his senses and says, "This must be an illusion" Attempts to disbelieve the castle.

Savings throw Skill check [1d20] = 18

Andor relays his belief or disbelief to the others as he puts his armor on and gathers his things.

Andor then sees the approaching figure and hearing Drago request his name.

_________________
Abrex Myzeen Tri Class in progress Human Faris 3 Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
Bandir Spellstalker Gray Elf Multiclass Fighter 1/Mage 2 - A Village with no name


Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:20 am 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 am
Posts: 13
Bors Pitkin will gather his gear and put his armour on. Whilst waiting for other members of the party to wake up he will form up with Bob in a protective manner. "This is not to my liking but until we find out what is going on I will treat everyone who is not a comrade as a threat"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 am
Posts: 2637
Wommack

The ranger will act cautiously. having made a camp the night before he wishes to check the trail around the camp and any trails leading off into the mist."I am familiar with 'blink' dogs. One moment they are here growling before you and the next, biting your arse at the rear. From one place to the next in 'the blink of an eye'. Perhaps we set such a trap off or this mist seeps into our subconscious and causes us to wander?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1409
Sister Varla

Varla yawns and stretches, bleary-eyed. When she crawls out of her tent, she's suddenly wide awake.

Good Morni- What in hell? Varla grabs the medallion that serves her for a holy symbol and presses it to her generous chest.
Lord of all, protect us in our need. Guide our hearts and hands. She quickly slips on her armor and moves to join the others. Her war dog, Sophie, trots over and sits beside her feet.
She listens to the dialogue, her face reflecting her growing level of skepticism. Come on, L-T, she says to Drago. You've got no idea what happened, either. I've heard that tone from way too many young officers to be fooled. Just don't panic and run, like some I've seen.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 18216
Location: Central Vermont
Drago twirls his beard with one finger and raising one eyebrow "Varla I've no clue what you mean or why on earth you insist upon calling me L T... it is neither my initials, my nickname or my station. I never claimed to know exactly what is happening, I am just merely logically thinking aloud the possibilities that a wizard would use."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Kelben Timbers Rock Gnome Rogue - Dave's 5e Game
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger & Drogo Underbough Halfling Cleric - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
DM - Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2621
Location: Oregon, WI
Lady Ryllae Glynberos

Lady Ryllae wakes and examines the unfamiliar surroundings before donning her mail. This is a much different setting than expected. Strange and powerful magics must be in play. Hearing the butler only brings up additional questions. What is this place, and where exactly are we? You called it the Chateau. What is the name of the chateau, and who is the master? She quickly glances down at her compass, just to be certain there are no undead nearby.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 1175
Location: Midwest
"Lady Ryllae, I am Andor Van Helsig as he bows but keeps his eyes up. It is most welcome to see you here," states Andor. Andor looks around and continues softly so only she hears, "Some of these ruffians I am not so sure of though and this scene that has unfolded over night is most disturbing. We should take care and Hera willing we will be safe. Perhaps we can fight as one or in support of the other.?"

Andor prays in his mind, "Hera bless this adventure we undertake this morning." OOC not casting just mental prayer.He openly then states, "Hera guide us through the day."

_________________
Abrex Myzeen Tri Class in progress Human Faris 3 Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
Bandir Spellstalker Gray Elf Multiclass Fighter 1/Mage 2 - A Village with no name


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1409
Varla

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have spoken out.
You're right- we're in a whole new AO, so we need to think hard about what may be waitin' for us. The Fool-Killer is everywhere.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2621
Location: Oregon, WI
Lady Ryllae Glynberos

Lady replies to Andor. Yes, on the trip here I felt that you would be a man who fights with honor and a sense of duty and purpose. However, while some of the others appear to be ruffians, we are all in a strange situation together, and I'm sure that we will have occasions where the...talents...of the others may be more appropriate than what we are capable of.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2180
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Viola Belle

Scott308 wrote:
Lady Ryllae Glynberos
...others appear to be ruffians, we are all in a strange situation together, and I'm sure that we will have occasions where the...talents...of the others may be more appropriate than what we are capable of.[/dialog]


Elven ears ever keen especially when she is on alert, he gives the the Cavalier a seething look with her almond shaped eyes. She moves forward with her possessions on her back a terse remark on her tongue, which she bites to keep from uttering it. "Give your thoughts no tongue..." she could hear her father still speaking in the recesses of her mind that always seemed to come bubbling to the fore when she least expected it... or wanted it...

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 4008
Location: Michigan
Drexlar- jumps up embarassed that the ground seemed to move underneath him. Putting him here at this location. What ind a Trolls ass happens to us here? I donz remembers putting my head here. He packs up his belongings gets his gear on. Then listens to the creepy guy invite the group in the building in front of them. Weeze justs going to follow him?

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 18216
Location: Central Vermont
Drago eagerly awaits a response from the strange looking butler. "Good sir might you please answer our questions?" the wizard politely asks, while readying for a fight in the event one occurs.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Kelben Timbers Rock Gnome Rogue - Dave's 5e Game
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger & Drogo Underbough Halfling Cleric - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
DM - Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group