OOC: chat and questions, discussions and actions:

Spearmint
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC: chat and questions, discussions and actions:

#1 Post by Spearmint »

This is the forum for any out of character chat and discussions that the party need to make. From agreeing actions, questioning rolls, clarifying descriptions, challenging the house rules, agreeing marching orders and standard operating procedures. It is also your place to ask the DM any questions relating to the game.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC: chat and questions, discussions and actions:

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So all things nonsense, horseplay, so forth goes here unless it is horseplay nonsense that your character is doing with the other characters PC & NPC alike ;)

Smart ass comment aside...will you be providing maps or do you have one of us do mapping? Only asking as not all DM/GM's provide maps for the players some have a player volunteer to do it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:Are you planning on horseplayin with my elf, Ed? :lol:
Well I am a gnome thief usually the god they follow is a bit of a joker/trickster so yeah of course i am Brett :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ravenn4544 »

On vacation. Will catch up in a few days!

Marlowe641
Squire
Squire

#7 Post by Marlowe641 »

Do you use the character aging stat modifiers on page 13 of DMG?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#8 Post by Scott308 »

Marlowe641 wrote:Do you use the character aging stat modifiers on page 13 of DMG?
Ooh, good question.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#9 Post by Scott308 »

Another question: I am going to play a cavalier, and the UA specifies starting money and equipment for cavaliers of the different social standings instead of just straight cash like the other classes get. Do I start with one of these packages? My character's background will reveal that she had come from a family with status that then lost it. If I get to start with one of the equipment bundles, do you want to pick one for me, or modify one to reflect what you feel she would have at this point? Also, at 4th level, a female elven cavalier (and only a female elf) may handle and ride a unicorn as a steed. Just throwing that out there. In other, totally unrelated news, my character is a 5th level female elven cavalier. Just sayin'. ;)
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Spearmint »

Well I was going to dish out a few magic or item goodies to folk as the sheets were finalised to reflect your past adventures. As far as the cavalier steed goes, you can have one but the Castle Amber is not a straight forward adventure and is starting with a room by room investigation, so your unicorn may be of little help. Perhaps you can call on your steed at a later time and if a unicorn or another more fantastic beast answers your call that remains to be seen. So for the equipment just pick a minimal package and we can fill out the rest as needed.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ravenn4544 »

Any requests for character types to flesh out the group? Something I can keep in mind should the dice roller be generous?

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Any requests for character types to flesh out the group? Something I can keep in mind should the dice roller be generous?
Perhaps something like a Fighter/MU? Would be useful Or even a squishy MU as currently we appear to have 2 Thieves, 1 Ranger, 1 Cavalier, 1 Priestess, 0 Fighters, 0 Magic Users, 0 Barbarians, 0 Acrobat Thieves

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by ravenn4544 »

So i rolled up a 'character'. The players handbook has this to say - "An intelligence below this (5) can only be a fighter". He'll live forever or die immediately.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:So i rolled up a 'character'. The players handbook has this to say - "An intelligence below this (5) can only be a fighter". He'll live forever or die immediately.
Wow thats the Sh@$@#$%* roll ever... just about... a 4 all the other stats look good.

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:How is it that both your gnomes, brothers no less, seem to be finding themselves in the company of dim fighters, Ed? LOL!
It must be strange fate Brett

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Computer +1 »

I will roll up a MU today.
He will be squishy.

Scott308

#18 Post by Scott308 »

Marlowe641 wrote:Do you use the character aging stat modifiers on page 13 of DMG?
Did you have an answer for this, Spearmint?

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
ravenn4544 wrote:Any requests for character types to flesh out the group? Something I can keep in mind should the dice roller be generous?
Perhaps something like a Fighter/MU? Would be useful Or even a squishy MU as currently we appear to have 2 Thieves, 1 Ranger, 1 Cavalier, 1 Priestess, 0 Fighters, 0 Magic Users, 0 Barbarians, 0 Acrobat Thieves
Well now we have 2 Thieves, 1 Ranger, 1 Cavalier, 1 Priestess, 2 Fighters, 0 Magic Users, 0 Barbarians, 0 Acrobat Thieves
Computer +1 wrote:I will roll up a MU today.
He will be squishy.
So that nameless MU will be of use no matter how squishy it is ;)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Spearmint »

well you have only one cleric so far yet which could make prayerful healing dynamics and undead fighting interesting and in answer to Scott, I don't bother rolling the age related stuff so just use the stats you originated and adjust by racial type and then pick a gender/age/ to fit the character hero trope you wish to play.

Return to “Castle Amber (1st Ed D&D)”