Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Back to Talv:

AFter two days of long travel and nothing eventful the group makes in back to the town of Talv to rest, recover & resupply. Having used at least a good four to five days of rations up along with anything else lost or used up in the interactions with the Dao and the werehyena the group is happy to see something other than a tent to sleep in tonight. A nice hot meal is most welcome and the town elders are pleased to see Mahara with you. Plus anything not of use can be pawned or sold off here in town.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

#2 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex enjoys the trip back to Talv and says, "I plan on getting a nice bath, some good food and a nice drink. There is some loot here my friends you need to decide if you want some of it. It looks like everyone gets 101 gp or 89 GP if we set some aside for the party fund and 80.9GP if we also set aside some for Muhara. Not counting any gems we sell or gear we don't need."

Back in Talv Abrex gets a nice bath and then a nice meal with some ale, with the group unless they have other plan, where he brings up the next quest, "It looks like 5-7 days to get us where we need to go. I'll be restocking my rations and such before we go."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is happy to be back in Talv safely.

I shan’t be identifying any more magic if you are just going to leave me whilst you all swam off, so have a think about that whilst I take a bath and luxuriate in a soft bed.

With that he pays for a room and does just that. He will try and buy more rations the next day, and cast cool strength upon himself and Alara before the companions leave Talv.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad goes where the ale and food are. He takes a look at the new found sword but opts for this Mighty Scimitar instead. What could be better than that?!? His new Bashing Shield is secured to his pack should the need arise where he needs to fight hyenas again.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Looks at the S. Sword closely. Jamal, If you could please identify the Short Sword? I believe you have dagger that belongs to me.He then turns to Emma and hands her Jubaya. Thank You My lady for the use of the Jumbaya.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb thanks Abrex for the professional accounting, and takes his leave to go procure more supplies. He will look around the town for a bathhouse to spend time in.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#7 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Iskandar will hit the bazaar to replace the food he ate during their travels. He is then content to hole up by himself in the most luxurious room at the inn, relaxing and taking a nice, hot bath with a fine meal delivered.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma also restocks her rations and while in the bazzar will look for some darts or some other magic user friendly projectile weapon. If there is a magic user type, she might make an inquiry as to what they themselves perfer and see if she can find that for sell, or maybe find a scroll of magic missiles she can then scribe into her spellbook to memorize alter.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:Emma also restocks her rations and while in the bazzar will look for some darts or some other magic user friendly projectile weapon. If there is a magic user type, she might make an inquiry as to what they themselves perfer and see if she can find that for sell, or maybe find a scroll of magic missiles she can then scribe into her spellbook to memorize alter.
Emma might ask Jamal about the library & librarian in Talv. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Dram »

Anuzal looks for someone that be able to identify the short sword in Talv.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal looks for someone that be able to identify the short sword in Talv.
Pretty much only Jamal and maybe the Librarian can do this maybe Benham as well.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Dram »

Anuzal will go find the Librarian with Emma.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Bluehorse wrote:Emma also restocks her rations and while in the bazzar will look for some darts or some other magic user friendly projectile weapon. If there is a magic user type, she might make an inquiry as to what they themselves perfer and see if she can find that for sell, or maybe find a scroll of magic missiles she can then scribe into her spellbook to memorize alter.
Emma might ask Jamal about the library & librarian in Talv. ;)
And she does!

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex while in Talv has someone at he leather shop fashion a water proof backpack that includes a way to cover his Glowing Globe over his right shoulder with a flap and string so he can use it like a bullseye lantern and when not needed can be covered as part of the backpacks design.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Market/Bazaar:
Anyone going to the market finds all sorts of merchants with shops, tents, wagons and carts all setup to sell/hawk their wares. Among the travelling merchants are all sorts of local shops, Almshouse, Baker, Brewer, Butcher, Grocer, Inn, Tavern, Blacksmith, Trader, Merchant, Leatherworker, Mason, Miller, Tanner, Woodcutter, Armorer, Tailor, Tilemaker. Other shops & services found are a Carter/Teamster, Cartwright, Porter, Sadler, Stable, Astrologer, Barber, Burglar, Dragoman, Fence, Healer, Interpreter, Laborer, Leech/Physician, Librarian, Linkboy. Essentially if there is anything you want and can find it in the PHB or in the Al-Qadim books you likely will find someone selling it here.

The Library:

Montillo's Atheaneum

Following Jamals directions to the library Emma, Anuzal finds what looks to be a half build wizard tower. The rounded white stone structure has only two stories that you can see and a cone shaped roof that may contain the owners dwelling quarters. Sure enough there is a small sort of porch off the front door with a wooden sign hanging proudly cut in the shape of a large tome that says 'Montillo's Atheaneum' in fancy looking fonts. The tower has arched windows with nice looking colored glass that have the depictions of tomes both open and closed it's quite elaborately done. Upon entering the library Emma & Anuzal see many bookshelves loaded with books of all sorts. There is a semi-circular desk or counter in the middle of the place with the shelves in a circular pattern surrounding it spaced enough so that a fairly rotund person could fit between the shelves without knocking the books over. At the desk is a man with a book opened reading from the looks of it from some sort of book that he is very drawn into. He doesn't appear to notice either Emma or Anuzal straight away. Then a sound of a bell sounds and the man looks up from his book to greet Emma & Anuzal at first you would think the bell sound a bit delayed but when Emma & Anuzal look back at the door there is no bell near the door. They suspect some sort of spell is used to sound like a bell when the door is opened.

Actions?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad, once he has had his fill of roasted meat and beer, will look for a shop that does stuff to armor.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

The little gnomish lady looks like a kid in a candy store as her eyes dance about the volumes of books. She smiles to the man behind the counter and speaks excitedly. Hello! I am Emma Springdawning. A pleasure to meet you. I and my friend Anuzal are looking for magical knowledge. For my part, I am specifically needing something more offensive spells such as magic missiles and the like. Something that helps me keep a distance while delivering the boom boom. She flashes a dazzling smile.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Dram »

Anuzal After Emma finish her request. Good day Sir, I am looking to have this Sword identified. As he lays upon the counter.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex sells his hooded lantern for 5 gp, since he bought it for 7 gp. He sells his backpack for 1 gp and buys a new backpack that is water proof and has a periscope style attachment on the right side that covers his Driftlight. There is a flap that covers it and can be raised to act like a bullseye lantern so the light only goes forward. A second flap in the rear can be used if 360 degree light is needed. He offers 10 gp for it.

He spends another 10 Gp on his bath, food, wine, tips. He spends another 10 gp to get his rations back to full. He converts his money so he has the least amount of coins to carry.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Leatherworker agrees to Abrex's terms and can make the modifications on the new backpack. "I should have this ready in a few hours my good man." he says taking the 10 gp. "You pay well. I may have it done soon er." he says with a toothy smile.

Montillo
greets Emma and Anuzal "Very well are you friends of the little halfling Jamal I think his name was. I will let you know Emma I am more an illusionist than I am a battle mage. So I may not be able to teach you much in the way of ahem the boom boom as you called it. Now as for you Anuzal I can identify the sword for you but it will take me a good portion of the day and the cost roughly 100 gold pieces, or um rather dinars as you call them here. It'll take a lot of time roughly 8 hours."

Armorer is working on a shield when Asad arrives he stops his work and turns to greet Asad "And what can I do for you sir? Need armor repaired? Or something made for you? I can add studs or spikes to leather armor if you want. Or I can do something else for you."

Return to “Archive”