Question about Handling Loot

How to handle Coin/Money found in Loot?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 am

1. Divide it by active players for the adventure (excluding NPC's that participated)
10%
2. Put it in a group funds pool to be shared by all active players for the adventure
50%
3. Divide it by active players and NPC's that participated in the adventure
10%
4. Other Suggestions
30%

Total votes: 10

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Question about Handling Loot

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mostly the concern is with the coins/money found items players intend to keep are not the issue it's anything sold when all the money value is added up what is the consensus for how folks want to handle the money found as a group. One option is to keep splitting it up among the active players that were in that adventure as well as any NPC's that helped participate. Another is only divide it up to PC's that were participating in the adventure exclude any NPC's that helped the group. The last option so far is pool it into a group fund. 4th option would be open to suggestions.

I voted for the group fund pool.

However we can still continue to split any money paid to the group in advance to do any quests/adventures. Mostly we are talking the treasure found along the way. Also if dividing it is the option and a PC refuses or doesn't want the coin we can toss that into a group fund rather than making a strange coin split.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Question about Handling Loot

#2 Post by Zeromancer »

I voted for other, because I had one more thing to add regarding how my various groups which used a "Group Fund", funded it, is that we counted it as an additional character. So in a situation where a group of 9 are dividing 1,000 gp, it would instead be divided 10 ways, with 1/10 of the money (rounded down) being put into the group's coffers. I'm not comfortable with ALL the money being taken away from our PCs as we all have individual goals we are seeking to achieve, though contributing a portion for the good of the group is not an issue.

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zeromancer wrote:I voted for other, because I had one more thing to add regarding how my various groups which used a "Group Fund", funded it, is that we counted it as an additional character. So in a situation where a group of 9 are dividing 1,000 gp, it would instead be divided 10 ways, with 1/10 of the money (rounded down) being put into the group's coffers. I'm not comfortable with ALL the money being taken away from our PCs as we all have individual goals we are seeking to achieve, though contributing a portion for the good of the group is not an issue.
Not a terrible idea, going forward we can do it that way. It so far looks like group fund pool is fairly popular idea as it is.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Cwreando »

I voted other too. PC active NPC(optional) gain equal shares and a separate share for the group.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The NPC part can be easily taken care of if we just don't bring Rashad along anymore. If you hire any hirelings they can be used merely to protect your camels and camp.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Return to “Archive”