Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 1

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates

#21 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Heads to the stables to collect his horse and make a trade. Ahmed sounds good find us some good camels.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer to Dubb

Ameer acknowledges the dwarf with a quick nod, then says, "This will be a long journey, but Fate will guide us." Satisfied that the group has reached a consensus regarding the acquisition of supplies, Ameer then addresses the entire group, "I shall meet all of you at the Gate of Elephants tomorrow afternoon, just before sunset."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal asks those in the know how well his dog mount will do across the desert, with a cool strength spell upon him. In fact, once we get to the spot where water becomes scarce, Between Benham and himself they could put cool strength magic upon all the mounts and the riders.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad to Jamal "Your dog may make the journey though I would rather you not risk it if the dog is dear to you. It would be safer to leave him here in Muluk you have people here that can take care of the dog while you are out. That young porter he does much for you all since he is not yet experienced enough to go on these adventures. I too might have to stay behind this time and I can assure you I will take good care of your dog."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal pats Rashad on the rump and smiles. Thank you, that means a lot to me. If you are looking after him I am content. I won’t fit into a camel of my own however anyway, I was far too small.”
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex
Abrex asks for an audience with the elder of Zann and if granted says, "Elder I do not have enough funds to purchase a weapon to defeat this undead king I fear. Is there anything you can do for the party and if no perhaps just me? If I new more about what dangers lie ahead for us perhaps what we have might be enough. Here is my tithe to the mosque elder. Abrex hands over 50 GP to the elder."
Abrex swaps his pony for a camel and an extra. Swaps the tack for same for camels and gear for hauling on one of the camels. Gets enough water for the journey to the next stop with a little extra and enough food as well. He gets enough food and water for himself also.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer

Ameer spends the remainder of the time available to him running errands throughout Muluk, the majority of which take place in or around the city's bazaar. He acquires the necessary supplies for a journey of this length and visits a few individuals who may have advice on what's ahead. Upon completion, he retires to his apartment overlooking the docks where he has been staying since returning from his most recent expedition. He pores over a collection of aged documents for a time before deciding to get some rest.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Dram »

Anuzal swaps his horse for a camel. Are we each purchasing a second camel to carry supplies for the journey? After he is done he heads to the merchants with the others to buy supplies needed.

Make changes. I was just looking thru the Arabian guide manual.
Items needed possibly

1 Tent Pavilion or lg tent
50 gallon Waterskins
6 sack lg
6 sacks sm
2 lanterns hooded
2 50ft ropes hemp
6 lamp oil
Enough Canvas for each person to cover themselves in case of sand storms.
3 Grappling hooks
4 Greek Fire
I did not find any feed for the camels.

Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 32

Abrex comes back to the group and offers, "I met with the elder and during our discussion I had asked for additional funds or gear to support our quest. The elder was generous enough to add and additional 1000 Dinars and a couple extra healing potions to the group to help with outfitting us for this quest. I was also able to learn a few more detail about our situation. See below."

Haroushin continues in private conversation with Abrex
"After years of wandering Zakhara and hearing his name vilified, Azaltin has finally decided that the world deserves to know the truth about him and Al-Anwahr’s past, not what was invented by his long-dead brother. Contrary to popular legend, the rebellion against Azaltin was orchestrated not by Amakim, who was a weak-willed man, but by the court’s treacherous arch-vizier, Zeenab, who coveted The Eleven Baneful Gates for himself. Azaltin was faithfully recording the history of Al-Anwahr when the rebellion, led by Amakim under the direction of Zeenab, captured the royal palace. Before leaving his city, Azaltin hid his histories within the palace, cloaked by magical wardings which prevented their detection by Zeenab. The vizier, thinking that The Eleven Baneful Gates was still hidden within the palace, buried the structure out of spite, so no one else could ever learn the secret of immortality. I suspect that it was Azaltin who left the tablets that were found and brought to the mosque of Zann if effort to point us to locating his histories without him directly intervening. I believe he was horrified to witness the destruction of my expedition crew.The deadly traps placed within the palace by Zeenab. I think Azaltin now realizes that he will have to take a more direct role in the rediscovery of his own writings. So be cautious of him if you encounter him I don't think he will harm you or your group I quite imagine he will try to aid your efforts."

Abrex continues, "We should be wary and cautious but it will probably be other things we should be concerned with on this adventure. We can split this amongst us or use it to start a group fund. I will hang onto the extra healing potions but if someone should have need of it they will be shared with the group as needed."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex buys the following

Trades in pony for Camel for 20 GP cost.
extra Camel 50 GP.
Dry rations for a week 10 GP.
2 large saddle bags one for each camel 8 GP.
2 buckets 1 GP.
20 Chalk 2 SP.
3 Holy water 75 GP.
3 Greek Fire 30 GP.
Quiver 8 SP.
Winter Blanket 5 SP.
Silk rope 50ft 10 GP.
3 Large Sacks 6 SP.
3 Small Sacks 15 CP.
Composite Long Bow 100 GP.
18 Sheaf arrows 9 SP.
4 10 gal water skins 32 GP.
14 day feed/2 camels 7 days total 2 sp/day 28 SP.

Total cost 331 GP, 9 SP, 5 CP.

If we follow the river and use the oasis we only need to water the camels say 5 gallons a day for 3 days to get from oasis to Talv? I have 2 camels so 10 gallons of water per day for 3 days is 30 gallons and 10 Gallons for Abrex who only needs 1 gallon per day so 7 gallons extra just in case is my plan. Correct as needed DM. The 5 gallons/day for the camels water is an educated guess.
Last edited by Cwreando on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex is set. If no objection he places the 1000 dinars in a group fund pouch. He picks up appropriate desert clothing and eye protection head wraps as well.

I think Abrex is good to go. He’ll enjoy a good evening meal and bath before gathering to go meet Ameer.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex realizing Ameer had left while he was meeting with the elder catches up to Ameer in the city later on and relays the information the elder passed on to him and the additional funds. Abrex adds, "The group and I are considering setting up a group fund. I realize you are new to the group so perhaps we can start one after this adventure unless you need to return to the mosque. Here is your split of this new gold."

Abrex hands over 100 Dinar/GP to Ameer, "I think I am almost ready to go. We'll meet you tomorrow morning as planned. I'm going to get a nice meal and a bath before turning in."

Abrex also portions out the coin to the rest of the part before his meal and bath, "We can decide on a group fund after this adventure if we survive and want one."

Everyone got an additional 100 Dinars.

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad NPC - heads off into Muluk to shop then will head back to his hut and check up on the groups dogs. "I bid you farewell for now my friends I have some errands to attend to, and work to look for in your time away to help pay for things.I will see you off tomorrow before you depart." the holy warrior gives a bow of his head and departs.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"Thank you, Rashad. It eases my mind to know you will be here to watch over things. We will return as soon as we can, with the papers of course."

To Abrex: "That is excellent news! Both the extra traveling funds and the thoughts on Azaltin. This may have just gotten much easier. Nice work." Dubb is happy to hear the news and has a spring in his step the rest of the day.

Dubb suggests people purchase an additional camel each. "Things don't always go to plan out there. I am able to call forth clean water, and will do so during the journey. However, it is not infinite so I do ask everyone to bring along some water as well."

Dubb gathers supplies:
1 war camel 100g
1 desert camel 50g
2 weeks Dry rations 20 g
2 bit and bridle 30s
2 camel pack saddle 2g
1 camel litter 8g--Dubb travels in style!
1 wine, common small barrel filled with 30gal 12g--and brings a party!
2 linen cloth bolt 20y 2g
7 days charcoal 49c
1 small barrel 30gal 2g
1 chest small 1g
1 bucket 5s
1 mirror, metal 10g
10 flask oil 60c
1 pipes 5g
1 large tent 25g
1 100ft silk rope 20g
1 hooded lantern 7g
10 sacks large 20s
7 waterskins 1gal 56s
1 flint&steel 5s
1 block and tackle 5g
1 basket, large 3s
1 linen parasol 4s
1 whip 1s
1 warhammer 2g

278g 15s ish :D

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Preparations: For the Road Ahead

At this point the group has departed the Mosque of Zann and received all of the aid & intel they can from the elder priest Haroushin. Everyone is going about their business around the city of Muluk preparing for the long journey ahead. Rashad and Rahkeem have decided to stay behind in Muluk to take care of everyone else's homes and animals being left behind. Others seek out information from other sources in the city, while others are seeking out merchants to equip for desert travel. Those who visit the stables find their friendly animal merchant Zaviir smiling happily "I am most pleased to see you again my friends. How can I help you on this fine day? Ah yes camels I can hook you right up. I only have the best of stock, as you witnessed before with the horses, mules, ponies and dogs from before. Are you going to journey the desert or where is it you shall be travelling? I can recommend which camel will best suit you depending upon your journeys path." For those off haggling with other merchants for other items you meet many different merchants all eager to impress you or suade you to buy from them. Different methods of trying to draw your attention to their mercantile. Others have already gotten everything they wanted to purchase and have made it back to their home waiting on the others. It is a good thing most of you live in the same neighborhood save for Ameer.

Any other actions before the next day? i.e. Actions?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Cwreando »

No action from Abrex

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is set
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Dram »

Anuzal over the weapons. My friend what do have for scimitars? Did Muluk get any new special items in his store?
The items below is what I thinking might what we to purchase with the groups funds. We could possibly hire some men to tend the extra animals.

Make changes. I was just looking thru the Arabian guide manual.
Items needed possibly

1 Tent Pavilion or lg tent
50 gallon Waterskins
6 sack lg
6 sacks sm
2 lanterns hooded
2 50ft ropes hemp
6 lamp oil
Enough Canvas for each person to cover themselves in case of sand storms.
3 Grappling hooks
4 Greek Fire
I did not find any feed for the camels.

Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#40 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Heading to the bazaar, Iskandar is looking for a few items.

Desert Camel (50gp)
Bit and Bridle (15sp)
Saddle Bag, Large (4gp)
Camel Litter, common (8gp)
Tent, small (5gp)
Signal Whistle (8sp)
10 Gallon Waterskin x2 (16gp)
Coconuts, 1 dozen (4sp)
Dates, 2 lbs. (4sp)
Eggs, 1 dozen (7cp)
Figs, 2 lbs. (4sp)
Nuts, 4 lbs. (4gp)
Olives, 2 lbs. (16sp)
Raisins, 3lbs. (6sp)
Salted Fish (100), (1gp)

88gp 51sp 7cp

Benham will cook the eggs in the shells before wrapping them in a wet cloth and placing them in a pouch to try keeping them cool so they will last for the journey.

As the party begins riding out, the sha'ir will send his efreetkin scurrying for a few spells in preparation of the journey, which Benham will then cast upon himself.

Armor: 1st Level Wizard Spell (70%): [1d100] = 64; Search Time (rounds): [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4; Delay (if rolled 00): [1d10] = 1 Success

Avert Evil Eye: 1st Level Wizard Spell (70%): [1d100] = 2; Search Time (rounds): [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2; Delay (if rolled 00): [1d10] = 8 Success
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Archive”