Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 1

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates

#101 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex say, “Im getting my camels ready and heading up. Let’s be going.

Once up top and with Ameer Abrex ask, “How did it go?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#102 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer, reigns in hand, faces Jamal as he clears the top of the slope. The halfling's query regarding the object took him slightly by surprise, though he didn't show it.

"We shouldn't tarry here too much longer. There will be time to examine it whilst we travel." he responds, then, taking notice of his companion's suspicion, adds, "My instincts tell me that it's safe."

The scholar, still in the guise of Husam al-Riyh climbs aboard his litter and turns to face Abrex.

"Our adversaries have fled, my ruse was successful. However, the mountains are filled with their kind, we must be ever watchful." he replies.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal scrambles into his saddle and follows the others.
Greys Campaign.

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#104 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan lets out a breath he had been holding with an arrow pointing towards the raiders that chased them into this canyon. He secures his composite bow and quivers and then proceeds to check his camel, then mount up to follow his new companions.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#105 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The human sha'ir scowls, slowly reaching out and gingerly touching his hand to that of the halfling. Hmm. Curious. I hope this does not become a habit. He then boards his camel and follows the others.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex adds once they all get mounted up and together, "Well done. Zann has bless us already and Fate is on our side. Shall we get going?"

Abrex like this new comer but isn't quite sure what to make of them just yet. I think my friends and I are doing well. Let's hope Fate is kind to us on this journey Abrex thinks.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#108 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Journey Onward!

After the encounter with the raiders the group takes a brief respite then gears up and gets moving back on the open trail. The rest of the day does rather slowly travel through the desert in the heat of the day you have a few brief encounters seeing creatures in the distance stopping to see where they go luckily the wildlife of the desert is less interested in going after a large group of people on camel back than most of you would hope. Looking for something exciting again like the sandstorm and raiders. However the rest of the day goes by slowly. By night time you make a camp and things for the most part go uneventfully. The first watch goes fairly quietly there was the sounds of hyenas in the distance apparently feeding upon something. The second watch almost does just as uneventful until sounds of one of the hireling guards calling out and the bleating sounds of a camel in distress.

Everyone is awakened by the terrified bleat of the camel, the back half of one of the hirelings camel has disappeared beneath the surface of the sand. Something is pulling it down! The hireling near the camel holds a torch and you can see that the thing pulling the camel down is a insect about the size of a horse. It's a huge insectoid monster with many slender limbs and large antennae.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Stands up and moves to grab a firebrand from the cookfire and moves in the direction of the commotion, holding it high to light the battlefield area. She also begins casting Mirror Image and holds it for the first fighter from their group. Abrex? to charge the monster.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex gets up and charges in taking the firebrand from Emma in his left hand and sword in his right hand. Abrex uses the firebrand to try and warn the beast away from the camel and his sword to strike, "Thanks fair lady Emma. Let's see about chasing away this beast."

Longsword Thac0 (17) To Hit [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2, Dmg SM [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5, Dmg Lg [1d12+3] = 10+3 = 13

Percentile roll [1d100] = 89 Fumble Roll

Ah the fates are fickle it seems. :lol:
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal sends Alara off quickly for a magic missile spell and whips out his sling, positioning himself so as to have a clear shot if the creature breaks through the warriors.

[1d100] = 96 : [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 : [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4 : [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5 : [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad, grinning wildly, swings his mighty scimitar!

To Hit (+1 weap special /+1 str) (17): [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15
Scimitar Damage- S/M [2d8+4] = 7+4 = 11 / L [4d4+4] = 8+4 = 12:

Asad gets 3/2 attacks per round. I think he gets 1 the 1st round then 2 the second (beginning and end of the round)

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer rises from his slumber as the alarm is first raised. He reaches for the short bow and quiver he kept at his side and readies a pair of shots. "To arms! Protect the camp!" he calls out.
OOC: P.S. I'd like the magically inclined to take a look at the feather during this rest period. Perhaps in the morning?

DM Edit: adding crit rollCrit Hit Roll [1d100] = 47
Last edited by Zeromancer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb wakes to chaos. Seeing his companions rushing to action, he pauses and thinks. He wants to remember what he may know about these desert creatures. (desert survival prof).

He pulls his scimitar and scans the area for any other camels acting oddly.

DM Edit:Desert Survival (9) [1d20] = 12
Dubb doesn't recall much about the large insect other than that it is called a Desert Ankheg and that they live underground.

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Jumps from his bedroll, and grabs his composite bow and slings a quiver over his head, and heads towards the sound of fighting.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Dram »

Anuzal jumps up from his sleep grabs his S. Bow and quiver and draws his bow back. If he can see his target he will fire.

S. Bow tohit[1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13, to dam[1d6] = 3

S. Bow tohit[1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3, to dam[1d6] = 1
Last edited by Dram on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

With multiple people engaging in melee and still others pulling back bowstrings, Dubb is content to watch the area for any signs of more Ankhegs.

"Excellent work! Drive the beast away!"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Having wisely remembered her spell was no good for casting on her companions because magic is complicated and a particular part of her very personal fate was getting very frustrated with magic types she didn't finish casting Mirror Image and instead rushed to the first for another firebrand in order to light the battle yet more and keep an eye out for more combatants.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

The sound of agony from Abrex focuses his attention. "My word, that Ankheg is more formidable than I first thought."

Dubb will start Chanting to aid his companions against this worthy adversary.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#120 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Grumpy from having his sleep disturbed due to the commotion caused by the camel and whatever is pestering it, Benham sends his faithful efreetkin after something that should help him get back to sleep quickly.

Jafar, find me a Flying Jambiya spell, and be quick about it! Something needs to die for waking me up, and I don't believe you want it to be you! The sha'ir is in no hurry to get up quickly and join the others, as he knows that whether the gen finds the spell or not, it will be a few moments before he returns.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Archive”