Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Searching for an Exit

Searching for other exits one other than the main doors becomes obvious. About 20 feet above the floor, at the base of the domed roof, five windows pierce the ceiling. The windows can only be reached by climbing up the pillars in the center of the hall. Aside from that so far only Anuzal as searched and found nothing else for an exit. Where was Anuzal searching?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal will step away from the ghoulish stinker and lower it to hover just above the floor.

He will try and get closer again but if he starts re-retching he will try and throw his cloak over the body and move out of the smell.

Waving Emma over he will say ”Perhaps we can use this corpse to float you up to the window so you can squeeze out. Or perhaps I can shrink one of the taller members of the company so they can get through. Then they can open up the doorway from the outside. If we can push it over to underneath that window there... Where’s is that sneaky thief?

Just as he begins to look the crackle of lightning splits the air and Alara returns, smiling. ”Got it!” she cries, waving. Then seeing all the carnage is over she shrugs and floats over to her master’s shoulder.
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb looks around and zeroes in on the altar. "I've seen a few places that had escape routes hidden in the altar." Dubb walks over to the altar area and starts poking around.

"Some areas don't particularly appreciate organized religion. Or any religion. Or any organized anything. An old choir of mine always had the city complaining...." Dubb mutters as he searches.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad slowly shows some moment from his paralytic state. A tremor here and the a twitch there, he seems to shake himself from the ghoulish death touch. He slowly turns over and pulls himself up to his knees then slowly he stands - gripping his sword. Slurry speech erupts and he smashes his blade down upon the closest undead. And again. And again. He spits upon the undead corpse, finally, and turns his attention to the funeral hall...

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#105 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan "Say's I will check around walls and that altar for a possible way out" He will use his elven abilities to search/detect for concealed doors around the perimeter of the altar in a 90-degree arc.

Detect/Search ability roll: 1-2 on a {1d6} Detect ability roll:[1d6] = 2
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Makes a face at the suggestion of riding a corpse but looks up at the windows wondering if there is another way, and worried the fates may have been too amused about seeing her smack into the wall before. Does she want to risk a long fall followed by a gnomish scorceress shaped hole in the floor? She looks at Jamaal. "You'd better not drop me..." she looks for something to cover the corpse with so she doesn't have to touch it directly.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Looks over at Emma and smiles. "As much as I'd love to see you ride a corpse to the ceiling, I may have found something else." He calls people over to show where the small altar on the north wall rests on a movable dais. "It seems that they left it ajar when they came in."

"Anyone want to go first?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma
Monsieur Rose wrote:Looks over at Emma and smiles. "As much as I'd love to see you ride a corpse to the ceiling, I may have found something else." He calls people over to show where the small altar on the north wall rests on a movable dais. "It seems that they left it ajar when they came in."
Reeeeeeeeaaaaally wants to snap back with a witting retort as is usually her nature but is actually much too thankful to be spared the experience of riding the putrid corpse up into the air. Once it is clear they will be going down, she makes short work of setting the ghouls on fire to make sure they do not reanimate, trusting that if they have to come back, the air will have cleared through the high windows.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Will search behind the altar on the wall and floors.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#110 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan " So it would seem you and I had the same thoughts my good dwarf friend about a possible entry into this hall from this altar", I can see that the dwarf clans of this southern nation are resourceful as those from the norths lands where I hail from. Let us regroup and meet the others of your band to think what to do next. It would seem Sylvanus has placed me here for a reason.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What lies below: Tunnel Passage Under Altar

The dais slides easily into the room to reveal a 5-foot-diameter earthen tunnel, scraped from the earth by the undeads’ powerful claws.
The tunnel is pitch dark, and the air inside smells putrid and rank. It leads down at a sharp angle toward the northwest.

Actions? Thoughts?

Map: Passage (Birdseye view)

Cross Section View:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Do we enter or look for another way out? Not liking the smell from below he moves away from the tunnel.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Ponders Anuzal's words for a moment. "Hmm. While I agree that this path is less than ideal, I have a distaste for these undead. A quick examination of the den might give us some clues on the infestation."

Dubb looks around, then speaks. "Someone should stay up here and keep these ladies company. In case someone comes to open the door."

With that, he drops into the tunnel.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - I shall stay and protect these fine ladies. He bows to the ladies.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad quietly exclaims "revenge shall be mine. Let fate witness that it is so!" He collects himself and readies his sword and himself and proceeds downward.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is happy to remain behind. I shall continue to work upon the door and freeing us.

”Alara, a reduce spell if you please. And be swift my dear. It stinks in here!”
Greys Campaign.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Makes a face and holds her Jambaya at the ready and hops down after Asad. "Don't you think for a moment you're going to have all the fun and leave me behind." Squints into the darkness. "Besides, you might need my eyes down here."

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#118 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan "Ibn secures his bow and follows others down the hole".

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Dram »

Anuzal follows Jamal towards the door. Come ladies Jamal shall free you soon.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#120 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Jafar, Magic Missile, and do not tarry!
The efreetkin rolls his eyes, muttering to himself, Yeah, because I usually hang out, killing time with all the other put upon gens. Seeing the glare he is getting from the sha'ir, he responds, Yes, Master! Your wish is my command! I'll be back before you know it. I'll- I'll just go now, before blinking out of sight.

Here, let me light the way, Iskandar says, tossing a continually lit pebble down the tunnel so they may see what awaits, while holding another in his hand as he follows the others into the unknown.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Archive”