Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

#41 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 22: Thac0: 17

Abrex scans the ceiling and doorways, windows if any for movement or for anyone that doesn't belong. Using Heraldry and Etiquette as he scans the area and people for markings that belong in this setting and how the funeral is being conducted should anyone stand out not performing their roll properly or in the right attire he hopes to see it.

Heraldry check vs Int. [1d20] = 8 vs Int 18

Etiquette check vs Cha [1d20] = 11 vs Cha 14

Signals others discreetly if he notices anything odd.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Walks with the procession, singing along with the morners as she does. Her eyes though are scanning all in attendance and all corners of their paths for signs of anything being amiss or oppertunities for ambush. She also eyes the other morners, knowing a thing or two about disguises herseld

WIS check (10) [1d20] = 7

If she spots anything she with silently signal the others.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 22: Thac0: 17

Abrex signals all seems ok So far. "Perhaps fate will shine on this funeral", He thinks.

Comp LB is 150 GP, 12 SP for the Quiver and it looks like only Flight arrows are available at 4 SP base on our rolls. Not counting any added cost for the 20 roll. Right now I am at 150 GP 18 SP. I bought 18 arrows at 6 SP.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Storm11 »

As the procession begins the invisible Jamal will cast his unseen servant spell and as it manifests successfully he will begin to lift a nearby torch to the head of the coffin and have it float just head of the processional. He will cause it to sway and even spin gently, leading the way up to the mount of forgiveness. Once the spell is cast he will send Alara off for a second spell as the group meanders their way up the hill.
Alara is back within five minutes shaking her head sadly. Frowning, the little unseen wizard sends her off for a second time (dancing lights) but she returns in mere minutes with a sad look upon her face .

”Will you at least TRY and find one!” he whispers from within his invisibility. ”Why don’t you go ahead and put your face in that floating torch you little runt!” she hissed back scowling. The halfling, embarrasses despite his concealed nature stamps his foot upon the ground in frustration. Bring me back a levitation spell, and don’t take all damn day”

Alara sighs extra loudly. ”Jealous of my own natural abilities are you?” she asks smugly, before vanishing in a crackle of lightning once again. . [1d100] = 15 : [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 : [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

The procession continues up the hilltop and there’s no sign of Alara’s return, though the Sha’ir realises he has once again asked for magic more powerful than he can naturally handle, and thus it would take a bit longer. As the hour comes to an end though he begins to worry.
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb is having a wonderful time. Singing and religious ceremony are his favorite things. He sings loudly and with great emotion all the way to the hall.

Once there he respectfully lowers his voice and enters. He makes an elaborate show of faith, careful to pay respects to the hall and the dead.
"Ah. Ayyam. Dry your tears Muli! She is with her God now. There is no cause for sadness, this is a joyful day." Dubb walks over to Muli to comfort him.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem walked carefully and warily along with the others in the procession, spending the time surveying the party and any and all people watching the procession as well as he could. He kept his Cutlass and Dirk loose in their scabbards, concealed by his long cloak, but ready to be drawn at a moment's notice and he had put a trio of Darts in each of the long cloak's deep pockets....

As the party entered the Temple, he looked all around and up to see if he could spot any open windows; hidden ledges somebody might be standing on, etc. He also took a close look at the 5 priests bowing ahead of them to see if they looked like the real-deal or perhaps disguised assassins waiting to strike. As nonchalantly as he could, he would slide to one side of the funeral party, keeping his back to a solid section of wall (i.e. NOT where a door, archway or window was).....
Last edited by max_vale on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The only entrance into the Funeral Hall are the two doors the the entire procession entered by. Nothing else is discovered as Rahkeem looks about. The priests look like standard priests of the fates dressed in appropriate attire kneeling and so forth.

Posting for Dram

Anuzul enters and stays close to the two doors eyeing everyone with suspicions anyone could be an assassin in this small crowd. Aside from that he shows respect to Ayyam bowing and saying a prayer for the departed but otherwise on alert.

Rashad (NPC) enters with the procession and takes a position opposite of Anuzul saying prayer to the deceased though he didn't really know her, and keeps near the doors.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad stands as close to the center of the action as he can. He scrutinizes all participants and the area for a possible trap. He scowls and waits for someone to sing mightily about the glory of the fallen woman.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Something in Dubb hears the call of many hearts nearby. They are calling out....for song!

Of all the money that ere I had, I spent it in good company.
And of all the harm that ere I've done, alas was done to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I cannot recall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Of all the comrades that ere I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And of all the sweethearts that ere I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should rise while you should not,
I will gently rise and I'll softly call, “Goodnight and joy be with you all!”

Oh, if I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit awhile
There is a fair maid in this town that sorely has my heart beguiled
Her rosey cheeks and ruby lips, she alone has my heart in thrall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#51 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Staying back from the rest of the group, Benham slips into the funeral hall, avoiding the others. Eying everyone suspiciously, he tries to figure out exactly who the assassins are. Hearing Dubb break into song, he decides that maybe it wouldn't be so bad if one person was assassinated.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Storm11 »

Alara sizzles back into being as the hour comes to a close, spell in hand. The invisible halfling shoos her away into the air as he manipulates the torch with his unseen servant, causing it to spin carefully causing the fires light to make an intricate weaving pattern before the coffin as it comes to rest. He will take his place by the wall near at the altar end of the funeral building, twenty five feet from the coffins final resting place.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Funeral Hall

Distracted by the singing dwarf and the floating torch show. The rest of the funeral procession is quite distracted so are some of the group. The five kneeling priests remain in place not at all distracted by the show being put on. Those that stand closer to where Ayyam's body lies they notice her hair has been perfumed and her body anointed with scented oils and frankincense to offset the faint odor of decay that has already started its inexorable process.

Suddenly everyone's attention is taken to the doors as the shut. The sound of the locking bar being slid into place assures everyone that was suspecting a trap to have their suspicions confirmed. Looking around the room everyone notices that Muli is nowhere to be found, likely the bastard is the one whom shut and locked the only doors into and out of the funeral hall. Taking this as their cue, the five priests slowly turn around, laughing while shouting “Let the funeral begin!” as the priests turn around laughing they tear their cloaks to reveal that they are actually grotesque looking beings, it becomes apparent that they are ghouls, though the intense smell of burning incense covers their odor far too well.

Actions?

Everyone please roll a surprise roll.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is shocked to see the ghouls reveal themselves, a sliver of fear running through him.

Surprise Roll [1d10] = 1

When he can he begins to cast the Levitate spell he was going to use on the coffin upon himself.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion unleashes his might Scimitar with a yell: "Let the songs of Glory now be written!"

[1d10+1] = 10+1 = 11

attack rolls if useable:
To Hit (THACO 20): [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6
Scimitar Damage- S/M [2d16+4] = 9+4 = 13 / L [4d4+4] = 12+4 = 16:

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

[1d10] = 5

Goes wide eyed as the undead reveal themselves but quickly uncorks the new mysterious jar hanging from the strap at her side and cast Move Sands. A cloud of sand spews forth at the creatures obauring their vision as she begins trying to menipilaye it under their feet as well trying to pull the rug out from under them as well.

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan Quickly scans the area around his arc of fire, and imprints in his mind's eye were the other folks are standing in relation to the hateful undead.

[1d10] = 4 surprise roll

He has a 19 Dex with a reaction adj. of +3 (I will roll attacks for the composite longbow if there PB) if space is available if not will draw LS to attack.

To hit THACO: [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11, damage per arrow: [1d8+6] = 2+6 = 8
To hit THACO: [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, damage per arrow: [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10
To hit THACO: [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22, damage per long sword: [1d8+3] = 5+3 = 8
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad (NPC) steps forward "Protect the innocents!" the holy warrior shouts indicating those in the funeral procession that are women and others hired by Muli.

Surprise [1d10+2] = 8+2 = 10

The fighter draws out his Great Scimitar and charges forward to fight the ghouls.

Great Scimitar [1d20] = 15 to hit, [2d8+1] = 12+1 = 13 s/m dmg, [4d4+1] = 11+1 = 12 lrg dmg

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#59 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

I knew it! I shall peel that damned Muli's skin from his flesh when I find him! Jafar- Magic Missile- now! he says, as the efreetkin blinks out, trying to follow orders.

The tall sha'ir tries to make his way closer to the rest of the party, ready to smack one of the vile walking corpses with his staff if they get too close.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Draws his daggers and throws them at one of Ghouls

Surpirise
d 10 rolls [1d10]+1 = 4

Dagger atktohit[1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7,todam[1d4+2] = 3+2 = 5

Dagger atktohit[1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16,todam[1d4+2] = 1+2 = 3

Then draws his Scimitar.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “Archive”