Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Says "Yes, bring her back"
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

#222 Post by Cwreando »

Anrex

Abrex bows and adds,”I am a follower of Zann the learned. I too recommend resurrection elder. It must be fate that we are here and we can help each other. I will help you. I believe we all will help you but I only speak for myself.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

In this place of worship, Dubb is uncharacteristically quiet. He fades to the background, quite content to allow Abrex and others to lead with the followers of Zann.

He does, however, marvel at the accumulated books and teachings contained therein. "Marvelous. Simply marvelous."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- I think we are all in agreement that she was taken from this world to soon. But the man who to took this ladys life needs to found. Can your church in finding this man. Anuzal tells the priest of the possible locations the murdurer may have fled.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#225 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rahkeem (NPC'd) - generally agrees that Ayyam was taken too soon and should be revived.

Rashad [NPC] - agrees with the groups consensus "Ayyam was a good lady and she did not deserve the death
she received. Please Haroushin bring her back if it is within your power. I will help in whatever deed it is you ask of us."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal agrees too. ”Can I watch you do so?” he asks eagerly, winking at Alara
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#227 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

I really don't care if she comes back or not. If we can get information from her with a less powerful spell, so be it. Do what you will, it appears the others favor bringing the body back to life.
Whichever you choose, I too would like to see the spell performed. In the meantime, I would be interested in perusing the library, if that is all right.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#228 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Benham Iskandar

I really don't care if she comes back or not. If we can get information from her with a less powerful spell, so be it. Do what you will, it appears the others favor bringing the body back to life.
Whichever you choose, I too would like to see the spell performed. In the meantime, I would be interested in perusing the library, if that is all right.
Haroushin replies "Quite alright it appears we have a consensus and I'll have no problems with you making use of the library while here. I'll get things started here momentarily and then I'll reveal the quest I have for you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma
GreyWolfVT wrote: Haroushin replies "...I'll have no problems with you making use of the library while here....

Says her thanks and then makes use of the time and scans the library for anything interesting like clues at new spells or you know... Meta info stuff like "How to outsmart a DM like Ed.

Blinks a little and looks at a book. "What the heck is D&D and who is Gygax? Nerds..." and puts it back.

GreyWolfVT

#230 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:Emma
GreyWolfVT wrote: Haroushin replies "...I'll have no problems with you making use of the library while here....

Says her thanks and then makes use of the time and scans the library for anything interesting like clues at new spells or you know... Meta info stuff like "How to outsmart a DM like Ed.

Blinks a little and looks at a book. "What the heck is D&D and who is Gygax? Nerds..." and puts it back.

Browsing the titles in the library where Haroushin's office is located some of the following titles are found on the shelves:

"Brett's Folly, guide to properly flying into a wall"
"How to face plant into a wall without injury"
"Wonders of the Land of Fate"
"Sounds of Wonder & Delight"
"The City of Lofty Pillars"
"Topkapı Palace"
"The Ecology of the Bird Maiden"
"Arcane Lore: Secrets of the Arch-Geomancer"
"Secrets of the Brotherhood of True Flame"
"Magic and Intrigue in the High Desert Tribes"
"The Last Oasis"
"The Rose of Jumlat"
"Blood & Fire"
"Of Lamps and Logic: Puzzle"
"Arabian Wonders: Magic Items"

There are many many other titles that can be found.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb starts browsing the library, looking for books with lots of pictures. He doesn't care too much for the articles.

GreyWolfVT

#232 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Haroushin gets up and leads everyone out of his office to the musallah (prayer hall) where two acolytes await with Ayyam's body. The room has no chairs or pews, there is calligraphy and Quranic verses on the walls to assist worshippers in focusing on the teachings of Zann. A raised minbar (pulpit) is located to the side of the room where priests can conduct their sermons. Ayyam's body lies on an altar nearer to the pulpit. The elder priest pulls out a scroll and begins casting the spell to resurrect Ayyam. Everyone watches the ceremony some closer than others trying to learn a new spell for a later time when they are more experienced to perform it. Once the spell is completed the scroll crumbles in Haroushin's hand his other hand remains touching Ayyam's forehead. It is quite the sight to behold everyone realizes they are holding their breath when suddenly Ayyam takes a deep breath her eyelids flutter and then open Haroushin removes his hand slowly and has to kneel it is apparent the spell took a good amount of energy from him even using a spell scroll.

Ayyam slowly sits up and looks around clearly getting a good look at her surroundings and upon seeing the group she smiles "What happened to me? How did I get here?" she asks clearly unaware that she had been dead for a day or two. "The last thing I can remember was going home after turning over the ledger. Then my usual routine for a few days after. There was this eerie sense that I was being watched and followed. Then I swear I dreamed that a shadowy figure came into my bed camber and then everything was just dark. Nothing after that can I remember."

Haroushin is helped to his feet by his acolytes and he begins heading back to his office "Ayyam I have resurrected you for you're friends here. Come we have much else to discuss in my office everyone please follow me."

this concludes adventure 3 things will continue in the next adventure/chapter. You can post what you wish to do/say to Ayyam here still.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Storm11 »

whats the loot distribution from the last adventure gang?
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#234 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote:whats the loot distribution from the last adventure gang?
I just posted the entire list of loot found in Adventure 3 in the loot & xp logs though I didn't note who took what I imagine the coin will get split among those staying.

GreyWolfVT

#235 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rahkeem (NPC'd) "Friends I will be staying in Muluk for this adventure. I am sorry but I have some other business here I must see to. If you return to Muluk lok for me and I will rejoin you."

Rashad [NPC] "I will go if you need me to go if not then I can stay here and look after your homes."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#236 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Ayyam, you were murdered, we recovered your body, and the priest here resurrected you and now we are beholden to perform some unknown favor to him as payment. You're welcome. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like you have any idea who killed you. Pity. With no knowledge of who the guilty was, we will not be able to alert the authorities. Unfortunately for you, when Yodfah, who I'm sure is behind your murder, as well as the attempt on our lives, hears you are still alive, he may require his assassin to return and kill you again. Maybe you'll do a better job avoiding your second death than you did the first time you died, but I doubt it. I wouldn't make any long-term plans if I were you. Without waiting for a reply, the sha'ir follows the priest to his office to hear the details of their servitude.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#237 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad describes Muli to Ayyam to give her something to go from. and she reacts as if she remembers seeing someone that fits that description following her.

Ayyam a look of horror "I...believe the man you described is the one i last saw before the darkness. He ... he was watching and following me. There were times i passed through the bazaar and I swear he was watching me." she starts to sob a bit more and thinks more memories come flooding back to her and she says through the tears "Yes he was the man that snuck into my bed chambers, he put his hand over my mouth to quiet my calls for help. Then i remember he tied me up and poured something in my mouth then held it shut. I...i ...i fear he poisoned me." the memories take their toll on her and she shakes her head crying unable to talk about the encounter further.

Rashad moves to Ayyam and holds her and tries to comfort her and calm her down.

GreyWolfVT

#238 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Conclusion: After the resurrection ceremony, everyone says or does their own part in celebrating Ayyam's "rebirth" telling her of her death sharing the story about the ghouls in the Funeral Hall, how Muli lured and tricked the funeral procession and trapped them. Then the heroic tale of how the defeated the ghouls and their ghast leader, saved everyone from them and broke out of the trap, then how you all tracked down Muli the lazy assassin and questioned him. After this a lot has been taken out of Ayyam she is tired and wishes somewhere safe to stay. The priests of Zann offer her a safe room to rest in the mosque. She takes them up on the offer and is watched over by the mosque guards and some acolytes. Haroushin then takes the rest of the group aside to finish briefing them for the next adventure ahead.

This ends out adventure # 3 things now will pick up over in Adventure # 4: viewtopic.php?f=443&t=7100

Return to “Archive”