Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

#201 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 22: Thac0: 17

Abrex grabs Muli up and says, " What about these items? hold up the jambiya, a philter (needs to be identified), a potion bottle (needs to be identified)...............

"Let's go turn him in once he signs his confession Emma has ready for him."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#202 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Muli groggily says while still trying to stay conscious "Potion of invisibility, that is a regular jambiya, and the philter is a philter of glibness. That is how I so easily convinced you all earlier to join the funeral procession."

Rashad as look out spots one of the Sultan’s guards, and goes to get the man. Shortly after he returns to the alley with the guard. "This scoundrel is the man I spoke to you about."

Sultan’s guard "Please turn the man over Muli you are under arrest for attempted murder."
Sultan's Guard.jpg
Sultan's Guard.jpg (46.98 KiB) Viewed 804 times
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Takes the the bracers and necklace. I will hold these till your friend comes back with the spell to properly identify them.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#205 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

A few seconds later, Jafar pops back into the area, trying to look inconspicuous and avoid Iskandar. Unfortunately for him, the sha'ir spots him and notices the gen's furtiveness. He sighs irritatedly, sure he already knows the answer to his soon-to-be-asked question. Oh, Jafar, he calls, sweetly. Were you by chance able to find this very important spell so we can figure out what these items are?

Shivering, the efreetkin answers, cowering in fear. Well, boss, you see...so I was looking for your spell, and so I was off searching in the netherworld like I usually do, but couldn't find it right away, so I thought I'd go somewhere else, so I ended up in a place called Wizzkonsun or some such. It was the worst place I've ever seen- so cold! I don't know why anyone would ever live there. Anyway, I couldn't find the spell, so if you are done with me, I'm gonna go find a fire to jump into to try and warm up.

Rage fills the sha'ir's face. Incompetent fool! Why did I not choose a water gen instead? At the very least, I might have been able to get some cool water to drink. Fine! Go find your fire. Just get *Jafar disappears* out of my sight. I hate when he does that.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb turns his back on Muli, content to never deal with him again. "I think it's fair to say that Yodfah has become a threat. Maybe we should seek out some guidance on how to find him. I suggest divination."
"The necklace might be put to good use to pay for such services, or to possibly raise Ayyam."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#207 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex hands over the potion of invisibility to Anuzal saying,"I think you might be able to make use of this if that weasel Muli is telling the truth about this potion. Up to you if you want to trust it."
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#208 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan Nods his head and observes as the craven is lead away in chains, "Hope the lord of this city gives him the proper justice that owl pellet deserves. Now to find out who this other craven is whose name sounds like someone passed wind."
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#209 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex then moves over to Emma and bends down a bit, "Here, take this Philter of Glibbness if we are to believe Muli that is. If it is I think you can make use of this better than I. You can also Identify it as well should you not trust that weasels word."

Abrex thinks about his friends and finally thinks, "Fate brought us together for a reason. I just hope we are enough for whatever is ahead of us. At least I know I am with friends."

GreyWolfVT

#210 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Guards, Snakes & Justice

Reluctantly Muli signs the confession Emma holds before him. The Sultan's Guard shackles and chains up Muli, taking the man and the signed confession off to jailing and sentencing. Having taken anything of value from Muli the group can later identify the items and detect if they hold magical auras at their convenience. The group is faced with the task of doing something with Ayyam’s remains. Since she has no relatives in Muluk, the party is faced with either arranging a proper burial or taking her to one of the mosques in town to be raised. A good place to start would be with the priests of Zann if the party wishes to have her resurrected. The group is informed from the Sultan's Guard that Muli will go to trial in a week and his sentencing will be enacted on the same day. It is at this juncture that the group needs to decide if they wish to go back and gather Ayyam's remains to either bury elsewhere for a proper burial or take to one of the mosques for revival/resurrection.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#211 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex request, "I would like to take her to my temple and ask their help to resurrect her my friends. She deserved better than this if Zann is willing.”

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#212 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Says "I did not know this person as you all did, but we need answers about who killed her and why, so whatever you folks decide it will be ok with me". He also thinks to himself that the craven will possibly not make it to his trial, because whoever his flatulent patron is, I would bet he doesn't want the bugger talking to the lord's guards.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is happy to go to the temple with the body
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb is glad to hear Abrex speak of his temple. "A fine idea, my friend. Hopefully, the priests of Zann will prove helpful."

"If I remember my learnings properly, the followers of Zann respect intelligence and learning. A bit stuffy, perhaps, but maybe approachable."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad shrugs. "What other clue do we have?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- IS in agreement with resurrecting Ayyam. Do we have the coin to do this.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#217 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad "Let us talk to the priest of Zann before we worry about coin."

GreyWolfVT

#218 Post by GreyWolfVT »

To Save Ayyam!

The group decides to take Ayyam's remains to the Priests of Zann to see if they can return her from her early death. As it turns out Muli's tale of already taking her body to all of the mosques in Muluk turned out to be nothing more than lies with a magical compulsion behind them to make you all believe his words. You all make it back to the funeral hall and retrieve Ayyam's body without any issues or ghoul sightings. Making your way back to the city with the body the guards give you little trouble once it is explained of your task to take her to the Priests of Zann.

Upon getting to the mosque of Zann two younger acolytes greet the group and ask your business which upon being relayed one of them rushes off to bring one of the elder priests of Zann to greet you while the other brings you into the main entry hall. After a short period of waiting the elder priest of Zann arrives carrying two scrolls with him he's dressed in red and yellow robes wearing a bluish turban and sash he wears a medallion that has the symbol of Zann the fountain on it. He also has an odd looking type of eyeglass on one eye. "Greetings I understand why you have come here and I'd like to help. I am Haroushin one of the elder priest of Zann the learned. Father of studying and understanding, of seeking new and preserving old knowledge. Teaching us that knowledge and intelligence could be used to build a peaceful society or to subvert it." the priest pauses and takes a moment "I will help you with Ayyam however my question is do you wish to speak to the dead or revive her from an unjust and unfair death before her time?" he holds up one scroll indicating it is one option and then holding the other in the opposing hand as if indicating it is the other choice before you. "I give you all the choice, however I will ask of you a favor to the church as your form of payment rather than taking coin. As we prefer knowledge as our greater gift and honor to The Marvelous." (Zann is also called The Learned or The Marvelous)

Haroushin "If you wish to know the rest lets continue this conversation in my office." the priest leads the way to his office located in one of the mosques libraries. Zann's priests kept the greatest universities and libraries of Zakhara. This is apparent as you make your way to Haroushin's office the libraries are large and illustrious more books about nearly anything anyone in the group might ever wish to read about.

Actions?

At this point if you wish to hear and accept the priest Haroushin's offer this will kick off the next adventure after he explains what it is he seeks from the group.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

She steps forward. "We wish to ask the gods, ever humbly, to revive our friend. She was taken too early by a barbarous act. And if the good church ask of us a.favore, we would be honored, grand sir. The church need only ask, and I, for one, will do all i can see see it come to fruition." she bows then turns an eyes to the others.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion weights the options of helping this stranger and what it does to serve his goals. The adventures of late seem to have provided a sliver of wisdom to his typical self-interest. "Aye! A glorious death in combat was denied her! Should Fate decree it, i too will see this set right!"

Return to “Archive”