Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Invitation to a Funeral

A haggard looking man approaches the group in the Covered Bazaar (Area 4 on the Muluk city map) bemoaning the terrible fate of his dear, departed sister, his last remaining relative. Having imbibed a philter of glibness. The man is attired appropriately for a brother in mourning: his fez and clothing are all dark, somber purple. Around his neck, he wears a gold necklace with a small sapphire charm. "My poor sister is dead, now I am the only one in my entire family left alive. How the fates test me. How much must I endure? Oh who will attend my dear departed sister's funeral? A sad funeral for one I will be left to attend with no other living relatives." the man utterly down and obviously in mourning continues on talking to the party even if they ignore him. He keeps walking with you as you shop in the covered bazaar. "I will have to hire people to attend my sister's funeral. What about you the eight of you look like you could use a little extra coin. Yes? I pay you and you attend my dear sisters funeral? What do you say?" He continues to implore the party to come along, assist with the funeral service, and sing songs for the dead to help his sister’s soul find her way into the afterlife. "I'm sorry I cannot pay much, I am sorry all I can pay you is twenty-five silver coins total. It's all I have and if others do not attend I fear my sisters soul will be doomed to never be at peace." The man tries his best to stop the group "Please you know my sister her name is Ayyam. You helped her not that long ago. She always spoke well of you all. Please won't you come to her funeral to help her soul be at peace? If not for me for Ayyam. She would have been honored to have you attend her funeral."

Recently the group had heard rumors that Yodfah had fled the city of Muluk shortly after Ayyam turned his ledger into the tax collectors. Yodfah's secret complex in the Sakina Falls was recently taken by the tax collectors and auctioned off. All of Yodfah's managed to smuggled the rest of his legal businesses and goods out of the city when he fled. Rumors spread to the group that Ayyam was found dead shortly afterwards as well. Yodfah likely learned of her actions and hired an assassin to kill Ayyam for turning him into the authorities. Though this is all just speculation and rumor as far as the group knows there is nothing to support that Ayyam was actually murdered. Ayyam's brother stands before you awaiting an answer "Sorry my manners are lacking I am Muli brother to Ayyam, only living relative left in our family. What say you will you join me at my sister's funeral?" extreme sadness in his eyes begging you'll agree and come join the funeral procession to the Muluk Funeral Hall on Mount Forgiveness. Area 23 & 24 on the Muluk city map
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #3: Adventure 3: Invitation to a Funeral

#2 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - "25 Silver each good Sir. I will attend your sisters funeral."
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal - "25 Silver each good Sir. I will attend your sisters funeral."
Muli "I'm sorry big man but all I have to my name is 25 silver total, I cannot pay 25 silver for each of you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Dram »

Anuzal I will still honor your departed sister and attend her funeral. Keep your 25 Silver Sir.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Goes pale, recognizing the name as their recent benefactor. She pointedly gives Jamaal the "oh crap" look, also checking to see if any of her other companions caught this detail. "It would honor me to attend and pay my respects. Please keep your coins. How may we help? Do you need help with expenses?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal feels a shiver run down his small spine. He shares a look of concern with Emma and looks at the mourning human man.

”I will go with you. No need for coin. I am sorry to hear of your loss good sir. When is your sisters funeral? He has plans afoot for the day already whirling through his mind. ”Whom did she work for, poor Ayyam, do you know? What happened to her?”
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Muli shows slight happiness in his face "Why thank you for coming, to honor Ayyam. As for her employer she worked for the wife of a wealthy merchant, she was sworn to never tell anyone the names to protect their identity. Very secretive employer. Expenses area already taken care of that is why I am down to only 25 silvers. Thank you kindly for allowing me to keep my money. You are too kind." pausing a moment to listen to all of the questions. "The funeral is today, that is why I am wearing the traditional garb. The procession will begin in about an hour and we will parade through the city to the funeral hall on mount forgiveness."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

She looks consolingly at Muli. "Please, forgive our ignorance or if we come off disrespectful, but how did your honored sister pass? When last we saw her she seemed full of life and fire. Not at all ill."

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Muli looks sorrowful his eyes water up before saying "She was found in her bed appears she died in her sleep. The local healers say her heart stopped in her sleep, though I don't know of her being ill at all." he does appear to be a bit dumbfounded in his sisters death "But when she was examined nobody found anything suspect no stab wounds or anything unusual to suggest anything other than a natural death." sounding very choked up at the end he cannot say any more. He looks away as if to calm himself and takes a few deep breaths.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Thinks it very suspicious that such a healthy woman just die in her sleep. He will tries to remember if there is a any poisins that kill without a trace.

Check roll[3d6] = 17

Would Intelligence check or wisdom
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal - Thinks it very suspicious that such a healthy woman just die in her sleep. He will tries to remember if there is a any poisins that kill without a trace.

Check roll[3d6] = 17

Would Intelligence check or wisdom
I'm thinking INT but regardless WIS or INT this 17 roll is a failure.

Anuzal recalls there are some poisons that are sedatives but they would not cause death, and there are two others he can recall one that works similar to that of a Charm spell the other makes the victim overcome with uncontrollable laughter. The rest of his knowledge of poisons is fuzzy nothing else comes to mind.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad grunts "Who has the most to gain - or keep quiet - from her death? Tell us more of this employer you speak of"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Dram »

Anuzal Will head to the marketplace.

GW
Anuazal will look for any signs of the local thieves guild. Try to make contact with him.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#14 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Hearing others agree to go to the funeral, Iskandar snorts derisively. Stop for one moment, and think. If we attend the funeral of the one person known by Yodfah to be part of the whole affair, whom we assume to have been murdered because of that, it makes it much easier for Yodfah's men to determine exactly who was responsible for the loss of his illegal business, especially as it seems we will be the only ones in attendance. It is all well and good to attend the funeral under normal circumstances, and even I am not so heartless as to not be saddened to hear of the death of Ayyam, but I fear that by attending the funeral we will be signing our own death warrants. I've no wish for assassins to track me down, so I will not attend. Remember, Ayyam sought us out to aid her. Her employer brought this upon her. Do not feel any responsibility toward her. She hired us for a job, we completed it, and she paid us, thereby ending any and all responsibilities toward one another. If you wish to walk into a trap, go right ahead. I only ask that if you decide to do so, let me keep your gold safe so that it does not fall into the hands of Yodfah's men, and by extension, Yodfah himself. If you return, I will happily- well, I will return your gold to you, at any rate.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Muli looks confused "Yodfah? Gold? I paid you no gold sir. What does the merchant whom was driven out of the city have to do with my sister or her funeral?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal listens to his fellow sha’ir’s words of wisdom and ponders. ”Perhaps there is some merit to what Benham says here we should be cautious.”

He whispers with Alara and sends her off for a spell. invisibility
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 22: Thac0: 17

Abrex lowers his head as he wonders why the fates chose to end her life. Abrex meets with the others separate from the brother, "Is she truly dead or does she just appear dead? I think we should be cautious here as well. This very well could be a trap. The brother recognized us well enough and he could be trying to save his own skin by getting us to go to the funeral so Yodfah doesn't kill him too. Regardless I fear we must put an end to this Yodfah or always have assassins at our backs. Perhaps if this is a trap we can be ready for it and find out who is behind this and how to find them to be rid of them. I thought we new were this Yodfah lived at here too? If he is still there?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Muli "She has no heart beat and isn't breathing. She's been examined by local healers and priests."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 22: Thac0: 17

Abrex tells the just the party, "This Yodfah thief was at the bathhouse if I remember correctly. I doubt he is still there. We have a couple choices it seems. Pay our respects to Ayyam or not. Track down Yodfah and prove if he killed Ayyam and try and prevent out own assassinations or just let Fate decide our futures and go on about our business after the funeral. Unless any of you have other options you'd like to pursue."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Sets her jaw stubbornly. "I for one will be going to the funeral. Now. I will pay my respects. If some assassin doesn show up,
he will simply be leading us to his boss one way or another. Master Muli?"
she says, changing her tone and walking up to him. "Please, good sir, lead the way. I will go with you immediately to do this last service for your sister, may the fates shine on her soul."

Return to “Archive”