Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#101 Post by Dram »

Anuzal begins to search the area where the tracks stop. Looking for any levers, switches or pressure plates. You 2 argue like a old married couple.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Pouts at Asad but says nothing. She laughs at Anuzal. "Hear that? We're married. Where is my ring, darling? I like Saphires, by the way..." That said, she moves over to the falls for a closer look.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal begins to search the area where the tracks stop. Looking for any levers, switches or pressure plates. You 2 argue like a old married couple.
Anuzal finds nothing just as Dubb found nothing.
Bluehorse wrote:Emma

Pouts at Asad but says nothing. She laughs at Anuzal. "Hear that? We're married. Where is my ring, darling? I like Saphires, by the way..." That said, she moves over to the falls for a closer look.
Emma sees nothing unusual normal rock, normal water rushing by at an extreme rate that could easily wash anyone away and down over the falls in a blink of an eye to a very bad ending at the bottom.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem didn't like the big warrior threatening the little sorcercess one bit, but he was smart enough to know that she could handle herself just fine, so he kept his attention on the area instead....

Shaking his head in confusion at how the path disappeared into the waterfall, eventually he just shrugged and said; "Well, I guess it must be some kind of magic that moves the waterfall or perhaps it's a timing mechanism of some kind. Either way, I guess we should wait until we see somebody come in or out of whatever is behind the falls and then figure out from them how to get in or out. Thoughts?" he asked the others....

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal watches the others work, waiting for his djinnling to return. "When Alara is back I shall send her for a spell to detect magic. There is a spell to open doors as well we could try, but it's more complex and difficult to find. Watching and waiting to see how the lair operates for a day wouldn't be a bad idea, always eager to rush in without thinking some of you are. I think it's a longshanks trait or something, always so reckless and empty of patience!" he sighs, picking the dirt out of his nails.

"We could try summoning the servant again and having it pass through the waterfall with a rope maybe. But if there are guards on the other side we would be giving away our surprise advantage."
Greys Campaign.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Sprindawning

Thinking while looking at the wall Emma remembers something. "A mage named Zarastro once lived out in this area somewhere... He is a powerful water mage. I seem to remember he sold his place to someone must have been Yodfah." She gives it another hard look. "Everything looks normal... just normal falls normal rock, normal ground. The path still leads right up to the top of the falls and doesn't pass through them. Likely though the water mage used some magic to conceal his lair and likely some magical phrase or other opens the entrance. Though I know the water mage now resides on a secluded island and chances are we won't see him around here or Muluk. The best plan I can think of is to wait based on the foot prints someone should be coming either into or out of this secret place in a day or two."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Dram »

Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by max_vale »

OOC: INT (14) roll: [1d20] = 20

Nope...me dumb fighter......me no like 'think' stuff.....:)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem looked at Emma and said with a sarcastic grin; "Hmm....that sounds like a suggestion I've heard before.....or maybe just said a minute ago...."; he shakes his head with a rueful smile. Why is it when I say something, NO ONE seems to hear it; but when a cute girl says it, everyone's like GOOD IDEA....hmmm....

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Dram »

Anuzal thinks to himself. I seam to recall hearing of a water mage that was selling his place secretly. That it required some magical phrase of some sort to enter the place.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#113 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

After examining the area for a while, Iskandar suddenly gets an idea. Hmm. What if... he mutters as he approaches.

INT check (18): [1d20] = 8
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#114 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir approaches, speaking the words, Sakina, draw aside. When he says this, the entire waterfall shifts to the left, revealing a passage leading into the stone behind it.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma
Scott308 wrote:Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir approaches, speaking the words, Sakina, draw aside. When he says this, the entire waterfall shifts to the left, revealing a passage leading into the stone behind it.
Looks very impressed. "Benham! You genius! How did you ever guess?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad draws his sword and, without any acknowledgement of the magical deed, heads into the cave that's now open before him.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- HP 10/10, AC 6, Class- Sa'luk/Askar Moves with weapon ready behind Asad.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal will send Alara off for a sleeping spell, and follow the others under the waterfall. She is back in 7 rounds with the spell and will hover behind her master's shoulder.

[1d100] = 53 : [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 : [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#119 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Entry:
Taking out weapons and readying for a battle the group slowly approaches the entrance to the keep under the falls following the trail down in. The 10-foot-wide passage from behind the falls soon opens up into a 20-foot-wide hall. Delicate columns reach up to support a vaulted ceiling covered with cobalt blue tiles, arranged in intricate patterns to depict crashing waves. In the center of the hall, three small fountains gurgle happily. Two men are on guard here, but security is so lax that they are currently playing a game of dice.

Map:

The group enters from the bottom of the map.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad grips the hilt of his great sword with a smile. With a whisper of "May fate guide my hand to glory this day," he advances to smite the guard closet to his greatness.

To Hit (THACO 18): [1d20] = 6

Scimitar Damage- S/M [2d16+4] = 29+4 = 33 / L [4d4+4] = 9+4 = 13:

Return to “Archive”