Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#242 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Female Half-Elf "Depends on how much you have seen here, tell me so far other than cleverly figuring out the password to the falls what else do you know other than the ledger?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#244 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Female Half-Elf nods her head briefly snaps her fingers and orders one of the men protecting her to go get the ledger from the room near the two wine vats. "While he fetches the ledger for you I have just released my wizard lock on the prisoner's cell you should have no trouble entering and exiting that room now. I only do this on premise you wont kill anymore of my men and you will not return to this place or tell others what you have seen here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad glowers "Don't trust this witch! It's a trick! We should take their heads and find what we seek ourselves!!"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"Glad to see we can deal with this like civilized people. May the winds of Haku guide you."

Hearing Asad, he frowns a bit "Patience, my friend. Not all problems are solved with a blade." Turning back to the half-elf "To the mighty predator, all is prey."

"It would be most helpful if...someone...could check that door that was locked earlier and retrieve the prisoner? It would be bad form to leave the table during a negotiation."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal not trusting the half-elf at all, moves quietly to hide amongst the boxes, calling Alara with him through hand signals.
Greys Campaign.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

She smiles and nods to Asad making a show of putting away her Jambaya. "Dear Friend, please, go see about this prisoner.
They may need a strong arm."
She gives him an emphasised look hidden from the half-elf that she hopes lets Asad know she is still wary of how honest the deal really is. There is a displacer beast in there for all they know.

If no one objects, Emma will take and inspect the ledger when it arrives.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad glares at everyone. It makes sense that if there is to be no immediate bloodshed sizing up the prisoner makes sense. "Bah - more talking. Be quick!" He heads back to the room where the prisoner is being kept.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem keeps an alert eye on the half-elf and guards the whole while, but he is happy to leave here with no more bloodshed if possible....

GreyWolfVT

#251 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Asad returns to the room that had been locked before to the extent where a good lock picking did not amount to a thing. The door opens and he sees a man suspended upside down from the ceiling by a rope. The man sees Asad and is happy "Oh good thank the gods of fate, get me out of this place they keep torturing me for sport. If only I hadn't tried to come after that damned ledger alone... I might have managed to not get caught. Please release me I shall swear my allegiance to you and be honor bound to server you good sir."

Meanwhile.................. back with the others in the winery/retainer sleeping quarters the man sent by the half-elf to fetch the ledger returns from the room with a large, brass-hinged book. Which must be the ledger the group was sent to get.

Female Half-Elf "Very well there is the ledger you seek." she silently motions to the man to give it to Dubb. He walks over to the dwarf and hands over the ledger if the rest leave him alone he will return to defend the half-elf.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Eyeing the ledger as it is presented to Dubb, she smiles eagerly. Still, her eye strays to the wine, now that they have had a moment, and she wonders about the operation. Illegal wine perhaps? Would it be pushing her luck to ask to purchase a bottle? She sighs inwardly and then moves to Dubb for a look at the ledger.

Would I need to roll to confirm if it was the ledger we were looking for? Since we've had a moment of calm, is there anything telling in the room about the wine making that would be of use or interest? Are their liquor laws we would know about?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad

"Who the fuck are you?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Graciously takes the ledger from the man."Thank you." He looks over to the half-elf "I trust you won't mind if I verify it?"

Dubb opens the ledger and positions it so Emma can take a peek as well.

GreyWolfVT

#255 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here is where a Intelligence roll or if you have the Read/Write NWP skill roll can help as well.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

The little bookworm smiles and looks over the ledger, her scholarly skills kicking in as she tears the letters and numbers of the pages apart with her eyes. Already giddy with excitement as she considers all the possibilities or cyphers and codes that might be in use, or even magic wards to confuse readers.

8-)
INT (14) [1d20] = 4

GreyWolfVT

#257 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ledger
Reading the ledger Emma finds that it contains a detailed account of Yodfah’s 11 businesses. Yodfah is involved in selling gems (for which he is best known, his primary business), pack animals, and cloth; he owns eight private baths and three secret wineries (like Sakina Falls) catering to the pampered elite of Muluk.

Any one care to do a reading/writing or local history NWP skill check or i guess a second intelligence check?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad intelligence check on local laws for what it matters :)

Int of 11: [1d20] = 13

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#259 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

[1d20] = 17 skill check int 18 local laws

Not sure if I have a relatable NWP though.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Reading isn't his strong suit, but Dubb gives it his best: INT (9) [1d20] = 19

He starts trying to read the ledger, and quickly his mind deciphers the text into the enjoyable exploits of 'Ali with the Large Member' as told to him in his teenage years. More than once he stifles a chuckle.

Return to “Archive”