Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#281 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

To Jamaal. "I agree," she whispers. "Keep your eyes open, but perhaps there is more going on here and she is simply taking the lesser of losses. These guys do not seem like they are fighters, but rather workers that are told to fight if needed.
The lady herself looks more than capable though, and I am not eager to test her right now. We can always come back later if we have a reason, but for now, we have the one thing we came for and have freed a man to boot. I would say we have done good today and it is best not to push fate when we are being allowed to walk out without a fight."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Dram »

Anuzal keeps his hand on his weapon and backs out of the room with the others. Watching the mage and her minions closely. Check that ledger again. It may be a illusion or just fake that show anyone that threatens there business. The only way we would know is to compare the items on the ledger with what is in the vault.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal nods his head at the tall man's words. "I'll eat my hat if that's the real ledger. She must think us fools for being so easily duped."
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#284 Post by GreyWolfVT »

It's no illusion the mage is not an illusionist she is a fire sorceress. That is why she loves to burn "holy warriors" using burning hands.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Storm11 »

are you saying she's actually willing to just give up her enployers ledger for real? I don't buy it.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote:are you saying she's actually willing to just give up her enployers ledger for real? I don't buy it.
Yes I am, she's not stupid to say the least but the ledger doesn't really confirm much in the way of illegal trade, just mostly the business of the merchant Yodfah. She knows by the time you get back to Muluk with the ledger this winery the only illegal thing here can be quickly relocated or just change the pass phrase to enter the place to begin with. The ledger will be a set back but not a total loss.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Storm11 »

if I was Yodfah her head would be on a spike by morning.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion shakes his head not quite knowing what to believe in this strange encounter. "Our quest seems at an end here - let us begone to reclaim our prize. Fate may yet place the glory of battle and victory on the road ahead!"

GreyWolfVT

#289 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Leaving the Secret Hideout
Asad reins in his peaking rage enough to come to his senses and despite how much everyone questions the half-elves motives. the group takes Rashad with them and the ledger. Leaving unknown other items behind as they leave the falls move back into place and just for the hell of it trying the original phrase that got you into the place does not work. As some might have suspected that half-elf "witch" changed the phrase to open the falls secret entrance. The ledger still remains intact and whole unchanged even opening it again to read it ensuring the words did not change still all looks the same. Nobody will truly know the reasoning that she had in giving the group the ledger.

Rashad re-tells his tale to all and even shares what he informed Benham and Asad. "The distribution of wine and other alcoholic beverages within city limits is not legal in Muluk. Not only is alcohol forbidden by the Laws of the Loregiver, but the fact that the wine is sold secretly makes it a larger crime. I also suspect they hide the proceeds within the vault here that turns this into a double crime if that too holds truth. Also this is but one of the three secret winery's these people have." he pauses "Selling outside the city the legality evades me, but the ledger should be all the proof needed you are right just get that and leave the place the city can send their guard to close the place if it truly is illegal outside of the city." then the holy warrior tells you all that he is now with you until you ask of him to leave your group, honor bound for saving him and getting him out of that cell.

Everyone makes it back to the makeshift camp where their mules, ponies and horses are hidden all the animals are still alive, it looks as if the camp is completely undisturbed. Stopping along the way several times to ensure none of the retainers followed you as everyone hides off the road turns up nothing waiting for a long time nobody comes down the path behind you the entire trip back to the camp. Though at this time the daylight is waning and the question becomes travel back to Muluk at night or wait until morning? Both have their different challenges.

Actions, interactions?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#290 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

If we choose to travel at night, do not worry about being able to see, Iskandar says as he dumps out the contents of his pouch, revealing half a dozen pebbles glowing brightly. After a moment he returns them to the pouch, pulling the drawstring tight and preventing the light from escaping.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

"Let's get away from this place and make a camp further from here off the path and with no fire. We also need to dust our tracks as best we can. Make sure we pick a nice defensible location to camp just in case and set up 2 person watches" suggest Abrex.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#293 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

"I'm ok with that but there is more risk traveling at night."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Moves to his horse let's be off. Trying to remember the path they took if there was any defensible location they could hold up for the night.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Storm11 »

As the party sets off from the falls, Jamal will send Alara for an Invisibility spell once again, and the djinnling vanishes in a swirl of wind.

[1d100] = 8 : [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 : [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5 She is gone for justunder an hour before returning, the spell finally located.

"Well it's about time," grumbles the halfling, feeling the magic rush into his mind all at once and setting his body tingling with mystic energy.

Alara glares haughtily at her "master" and crop dusts him as she flies by, which causes no end of shrieks and groans from the sha'ir. The air gen smiles wickledly as she floats off a ways into the sky for a better look at what's ahead.

Retrieving his gum Arabic and plucking an eyelash he melds the two together and prepares the spell.
"The Ledger please, if you will?" he asks, holding out his pudgy hands, hoping to shroud him and it from sight for the duration of the companions return to Muluk.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#296 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad "If I might inform you the mage back there has more companions I suspect they are about a day from returning. Beware if you should cross a dwarf and more men with scimitars like those men back in the complex under the falls. I wouldn't be surprised if the mage sent word to them, or even her master for that matter. I if you wish to hear me out agree that moving camp or just setting out now would be the wiser choices." the holy fighter bows to the others after adding in his input.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- I shall scout ahead if you think it necessary.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#298 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

If the group is to depart, Iskandar will distribute the light stones to five others, making sure to keep one for himself. Just make sure I get these back.

He will send Jafar in search of the Wall of Fog spell to help cover the group's departure, but the efreetkin returns three minutes later unsuccessful in his quest.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#299 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex says, "Thank you Benham Iskandar. I would recommend that we not use the light stone too much though. It would give away our position. We can stay close to the wagon and if we hear anything we can take it off the road and hide it. I'd suggest that Anuzual scout ahead 1/2 a mile perhaps and return if we should move off the road and hide. Dubb can see well enough to drive the wagon and perhaps some can lag behind to watch our backs. The short legged folks don't run so fast though but it's better than someone sneaking up on us. I could hang back with them and be the runner I suppose. Perhaps there is a spell to give humans infravision for a short time?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb is eager to get moving, only once casting a backwards glance at the falls and the wondrous temple therein.

"Yes. Let's make haste and ride back to town. Let's ride!" Dubb runs over to his pony, mounts it and starts riding off.

Return to “Archive”