Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#221 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Retainer Room

It is at this point that the door near the retainers (bad side of the grape smelling room aka Winery) opens and in steps four more men wielding scimitars and someone behind them in mages robes it appears a female half-elf. This leaves the rest of the group still in the retainer room trying to negotiate with 4 men total sleeping, gagged & tied up, wonder what happened to Asad and Benham?

Though it does sort of indicate what the rope was the man pulled on it sounded an alarm but one perhaps silent or that sounded in a room that everyone in the complex wasn't able to hear. Perhaps the mage looking female half-elf is in charge?

Too many thoughts racing around everyone's thoughts at this moment.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Still on the table, Dubb smiles broadly at the newcomers. "Ah, excellent. You've called for a negotiator! Dubb Al-Tabil at your service, my lady. There seems to be a misunderstanding with your servants. Might we sit and discuss this like civilized people?"

Dubb motions to a nearby table and chairs. "Please. Before this gets messy."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#223 Post by Cwreando »

Can I get a head count of who is where? Those in the Retainer room and those not in it? Or Those with Abrex and Dub and those not?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is hiding behind some boxes half way down the retainers room waiting for Alara to come back, in another two rounds I believe.
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Dram »

Anuzal is charging the door behind Abrex
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#226 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Head count is Benham and Asad went to the winery everyone else is in the retainer room.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#228 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex keeps his eye on the female and if she makes any moves like a caster would, he charges them and attacks. Abrex adds, "As you can see most of these thugs are not harmed for now. Let's talk this over as my friend pointed out."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal continues to watch the rear escape route of the group, mentally urging his djinnling to hurry.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#230 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Winery & Retainer Room
The female half-elf dressed as a mage stops and considers the statement from the dwarf and Abrex "What is it exactly that you came here seeking?
Whom hired you to invade our hold?"
as she speaks two of the retainers turn and see Asad heading at them "You there stop!" the man shouts feet still bare and discolored from stomping grapes. The man that has the arrow in his shoulder lets go of the alarm rope and awaits orders from the female half-elf. The others still have their scimitars out ready to defend till the last breathe.

The female half-elf raises an eyebrow and looks very irked "Whom sent you here and to what have they sent you seeking?" she looks to her remaining retainers "Hold men, if they attack, then strike back."

Actions?

everyone can post here again since the door is open between the two rooms everyone can sort of see one another.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb smiles widely and bows slightly. "Excellent! A welcome response." Dubb motions to his group. "We have come to Yodfah’s hold to retireve a simple item, of little worth. You could easily replace it, or claim that it has been lost."

Dubb pauses, then "We simply require the log book."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#232 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex relaxes a bit showing he will not strike immediately unless provoked. He keeps them in view and watches their moves. Hearing Dub settles his fighting fever a bit and thinks there may be a way to get out of this without a big brawl. "My friend speaks true but our patience is not without limits."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad seethes ready for battle "Patience? We have NO patience! Glory and battle!! Decide your fate quickly fools!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Dram »

Anuzal stops in his tracks. He will watch them closely for any aggressive moves towards the party.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Moves to Asad's side and puts a hand to his arm. "Shhh... give it a chance." to the lady, she turns. "Please, forgive our martial friends bravado, I suspect he learned his manners from Jackles, like most of the men in these parts. What Dubb says is true. We just want the log, and we will be gone like the wind over the sands."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal remains hidden, watching the escape
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#237 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Iskandar will watch quietly.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#238 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Female Half-Elf thinks for a moment "You might do me another favor then take the man held in the prison cell with you he is no use to me and costs me too much in food to keep here any longer." the men look at her as if stunned but they know better than to speak out against her from the looks of it. The retainers do not menace anyone but they too form more of a protective semi-circle around the mage looking half-elf.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal frowns as he listens intently, instantly thinking it's a trap. As Alara reappears in a swirl of wind the halfling feels the magic rush through him. Grasping some sand the sha'ir huddles into the corner trying to remain as hidden as possible.
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#240 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir continues to observe and see how things play out.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Archive”