Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zaviir "Yes very well mister dwarf the gnome already paid for her dog. So as of the rest lets see one mule is eight gold,
and two asked for horses that is one hundred fifty gold, and the rest of you took ponies that is another one hundred twenty gold.
You total my friend is two hundred seventy eight gold coins."

278 gp for one mule 4 ponies, 2 riding horses not counting what Emma paid for her dog.

Edit sry forgot Jamal went with a Dog not a pony.

"Oh wait my mistake I forgot one of you changed from a pony to a dog as well that will change the price one second the dog with saddles costs thirty gold and five coppers. So the price only changes by 5 coppers."

278 gp & 5 cp for 1 mule 3 ponies, 2 riding horses, 1 War Dog w/saddle, not counting what Emma paid for her dog.

Jamal's Dog

The Ponies
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

A little dismayed that no one replied to his asking for help in choosing a mount, the corsair did his best to shrug off his anger and fear of choosing a poor mount and asked Zaviir to select a Mule that was easy-going and good for beginners. He will count out 10 gold pieces and hand them to the merchant, saying; "The 2 extra is for a good choice friend merchant".

GreyWolfVT

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zaviir replies to Rahkeem "Oh sorry you do not want a pony? I can swap the pony for another mule sorry about that I figured a pony would be good for a first time rider unlike the horses."

Maid "If you are all quite ready I'd like to head out soon so that I may return in the daylight."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 19

"Thanks,Dubb I'll take my share. It's just a habit of mine, you know me. Well I say let's get going my friends and get use to your mounts while you can" suggest Abrex.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Journey
Dubb pays the rest of the fees for the steeds Zaviir bids you a safe journey and thanks you for the tips that were provided. The Maid acts as your guide and leads the ride to the Sakina Falls Canyon along the journey you run into no trouble at all the only encounters along the way are local Militia patrolling the area, a few birds circling in the sky and snakes in the sands that you were able to easily avoid. As the Maid informed it only takes one days journey to reach the Mule Trail that leads to the falls and she informs you that she must leave you there and return to the city of Muluk.

You arrive just before dawn one day after leaving Muluk. You stand at the base of a Mule trail that leads up to the base of the falls. You can take the steeds up the trail or make a camp somewhere at the base of the trail and hide them there then proceed up the trail by foot for scouting the area. This is all something that the group has to decide.

Sakina Falls pours 200 feet down into a tall canyon, flanked by thick vegetation. A thin trail, wide enough for mules or ponies (but not horses), winds up the side of the gorge and right into the torrential waterfall. There are no signs that anyone has recently used this trail.

Map

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "Let's get down there and make camp. We can hide the animals near water and vegetation while we get into the hideout and get the book. Assuming the animals don't get eaten or spooked we can use them to get back to town faster and we may need the speed if we don't find the book right away."
Last edited by Cwreando on Mon May 29, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad looks at the group a little confused "How do you intend hide a bunch of horses and dogs without them creating noise?"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by Cwreando »

Pony - Little Steed of Fate

"In the dense foliage perhaps near a pool of water. Perhaps a person with magical talents can find a way to hide our mounts?", offers Abrex. "I believe The Learned God Zann Zann blessed us with these steeds my friends and we should make use of them as long as the fates allow it."

GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The green area is a jungle like or oasis type area so there are bushes, plants and trees enough to hide a camp.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Storm11 »

"Perhaps it might be wise to watch the base for a day or so, to get a feel of how it is manned and how many people might be guarding the place, if any? Jamal says warily, not liking all this rush rush rush approach.

He sends Alara off for a spell as they dismount. (Waterbane)

[1d100] = 61 : [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3 : [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 she is back successfully within 3 rounds. Jamal casts it successfully upon himself. [1d100] = 54

He sends Alara off for a second spell Invisibility [1d100] = 93 : [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 : [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4 and the gen is gone for over half an hour without success.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex nods at Jamal,"I wasn't intending to rush in at all. I just wanted to plan the base location for the mounts then decide our course of action for the cave. Scouting seems appropriate and perhaps a covert mission to get a map of the layout and there may be traps and locks to deal with. Let's get the camp set up near a nice oasis with food and water for the mounts. Is there a spell to disguise our terrain and camp that might help?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Storm11 »

"With enough time and a little luck Benham and I could retrieve enough Invisibility spells to shroud all the mounts for a day. Alara is not good at finding them however." shrugs the little sha'ir.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Cwreando »

"Jamal, We will have a little time so trust in your skills my friend. Perhaps we can make Anuzal invisible and have them scout just a bit inside to check things out. Not too far mind you. No more than 200 ft or so. While the rest of us get the camp ready. We can scout for activity near the entrance and any special needs to gain access to the cave proper as well. I would think this access would be watched if there was a concern for book. Perhaps the owner believes it's safely hidden and needs no protection or someone to lookout",comments Abrex.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Having enjoyed the pony ride more than what is reasonable, Dubb is in an excellent mood by the time he reaches the base of the trail.

He thanks the maid and wishes her a safe return "Safe travels, and we will see you in a few days."

"I guess we setup camp and keep an eye on the area? I'd like to approach when it's a bit darker"

ooc: Unless someone objects, Dubb will reimburse people who paid for mounts from the 600. He'll pay for the mounts which will leave around 312 to split. He will hold the funds, minus Abrex's share. [600-258(changed 1pony to mule) -30(emma dog)= ~312 which split by 8 is 39.]

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Dismounts Prince Charming offering him another fish. Deducted. She listens to the conversation about hiding the mounts here. She looks disappointed. "Can the dogs come along? They might come in handy. That would also be two less spells for poor Alara to have to go fetch."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex points out,"IF the dogs bark we will lose any surprise we had but if you can keep them under control and quiet perhaps. You can choose for yourself but you take the risk for us all. Maybe fate will shine on your decision."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem, new to this whole 'riding' thing; did NOT particularly enjoy the trip, but was happy to be done with it...or at least, with the first leg of the trip.

Getting off his mule carefully, he will take a close look at the falls and keep a sharp eye and ear out for any nearby threats or hidden guards, etc.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion is eager to be off to recover the book and hopefully some glorious battle will be required.

"If the dogs so much as growl it will be an end to them," he nods with this had on his scimitar. "Fate will certainly have decided!"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#79 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

I do not believe we would be able to retrieve enough spells to prevent anyone from seeing any of the animals. However, we may be able to create a magical wall that blocks sound from travelling through it. If we are able to set up a camp and disguise it well enough, we might be able to keep the animals from being heard for a few hours. More than that, unfortunately, I do not believe I will be able to do.

Benham will whisper to Jafar, sending him off in search of a spell.
2nd Level Wizard Spell (50%): [1d100] = 74; Search Time (turns): [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3; Delay (if rolled 00): [1d10] = 1

After thirty minutes, Jafar returns, unsuccessful in his search for a Wall Against Noise spell.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Dram »

Anuzal climbs off his steed. Animals do know when danger is around them. They will keep themselves hidden. Anuzal takes his to the waters edge so that it may drink.

OCC- I know missed the ride out to the falls. But would gotten apple or grain for the horse before he left. How do I deduct for the horse and food?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “Archive”