Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Six months ago, a naive traveling merchant from Qudra purchased nine sapphires from Yodfah, a well-known and powerful merchant of Muluk. Thinking that the stones would make a beautiful gift for his favorite wife, the noble had them worked into a necklace after he returned home and presented the jewelry to his wife. Now she was a wise woman, and while she was greatly flattered by her husband’s present, she perceived that the sapphires were all flawed, fit for little better than gravel on the bottom of her husband’s carp pool. Rather than reveal this and let her loving husband think that she did not appreciate his gift, she made up her mind to be avenged secretly on the gem merchant who had taken advantage of both her and her husband. To accomplish this, she sent her most trusted and cunning maid servant, to spy on Yodfah and gather enough information to bring about the dishonest merchant’s ruin.

Three months ago, the maid servant infiltrated Yodfah’s household as a waiting woman in the merchant’s harem. From Yodfah’s loose-lipped wives, maid servant learned that the merchant is involved in running a secret business and clandestinely hiding his earnings from the Caliph’s tax collectors. The maid servant knew that if she could obtain these records and show them to the tax collectors, the merchant would be heavily fined and thrown into prison. The Maid servant's patience was recently rewarded when she tricked one of the merchant’s foolish wives into revealing the protected location of his hidden records. All she needs now is a group of skilled and discreet individuals to retrieve the records for her.

Through her local contacts in Muluk, the maid servant locates the Anuzal Jeehab and tries to arrange a meeting in a small, private garden nearby for Anuzal and the group he was working with to locate the magical fish. Anuzal relays the intel to the group about this maid servant that wishes to meet with them. Does the group wish to meet with this maid servant?

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#2 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is keen to meet with this mysterious maid servant. When and where will the meeting take place. The sha'ir recommends that they prepare for the worst in case it is a trap, and he will try and work a spell of invisibility over himself and possibly some others, if they are interested and he is successful, and potentially an hour before the meeting a spell of strength upon Anuzal.

"Say wasn't Yodfah the name of that grumpy guy next to Kadiga's bathhouse?" the inquisitive halfling asks
Last edited by Storm11 on Wed May 10, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "Count me in. Sounds like a dishonest merchant needs to be taught a lesson."
Last edited by Cwreando on Fri May 12, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion "Why don't we go back and talk to that pretty girl in the sea?!? Now THERE was a glory worth my time, eh?" He rumbles with laughter as the group decides upon their next quest.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Bluehorse »

ravenn4544 wrote:Asad the Lion "Why don't we go back and talk to that pretty girl in the sea?!? Now THERE was a glory worth my time, eh?" He rumbles with laughter as the group decides upon their next quest.
Emma snickers at this. "You like girls with fishtails? Or was it the pretty red scales that did it for you?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- I shall meet with maid. If you all going to be invisible please spread out within garden to make sure it safe.
A strength spell or speed will help me greatly if it is a trap.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

After a few days of relaxation and dance parties, Dubb gets word from Anuzal and meets with the group.
"Did everyone have a good time with the reward?" Dubb turns to Jamal "You know, I think you're right. Yodfah does sound familiar. And that merchant did seem kinda shady. I mean, even shadier than a regular merchant."

"Ah Asad. I did notice a twinkle in your eye when she transformed into a human!" Dubb smiles knowingly "Who knows, maybe it could work out with the two of you. Stranger things have happened."
"I'd be glad to join the meeting with you Anuzal. I don't think we'll need all those preparations, but I'll grant that you may know better than I."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Storm11 »

Alara nods as Jamal closes his eyes and her small hovering form ripples from view.
Greys Campaign.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

After delivering a purse of 50 gold pieces to the fisherman, Rahkeem re-joins his friends and upon hearing of the proposed meeting, he nods to the others, "I'm all for meeting this woman and seeing what Fate has in store for us next my friends".

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#10 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The merchant next to the bath house did say his name was Yodfah. I think it likely this is the same person. He was not very friendly. If he is indeed cheating on his taxes and ripping off customers, I am in favor of undertaking this endeavor.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Secret meeting

In the garden near the gate of elephants at night the maid meets with the group. The maid is wearing an unadorned plum linen chador and has veiled, dark eyes. "So you are the skilled adventures that are to help me with the matter of the flawed sapphires? How do I know I can trust you?" he eyes them with suspicion sounding very much like she needs proof they are trustworthy. "As I understand it you saved some sort of magical fish in the bazaar is this true?" she questions the group as if questioning the trustworthiness of you all shrewdly at first.

Not waiting for answers she continues "If you indeed will help me in this what I need is for you to go to Sakina Falls I'll guide you there. You will need to retrieve a large, brass-bound ledger, located behind Sakina Falls outside the city. The ledger is not magical, but it contains contains information vital to my employer. Do this and I have been instructed to pay you twelve hundred gold coins. I can pay you half of this up front and you get the other half when you return with the ledger. Do you accept this task? If you do accept you have seven days to return to this very spot with the ledger and I'll pay you the rest of the reward."

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal looks dubiously at the woman, nods at the question about Salanna, and takes in all the woman suggests.

"How far away is this canyon, walking and riding? And just what lairs within these falls do you know?"
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote:Jamal looks dubiously at the woman, nods at the question about Salanna, and takes in all the woman suggests.

"How far away is this canyon, walking and riding? And just what lairs within these falls do you know?"
Maid replies to Jamal's question "Your destination lies one day’s ride from Muluk, not far beyond the last indigo plantation along the Zalim River. The region is regularly patrolled by Muluk’s powerful army. Once at the falls the trail you will travel is only wide enough for Mules or Ponies nothing larger. That is all I know in answer to your question."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion "Who is this coward who employs you to have you, a maid, come to do his begging??"

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Asad the Lion "Who is this coward who employs you to have you, a maid, come to do his begging??"
Maid scowls at Asad "My employer is one of the merchant wives she hired me in secret so as not to offend her husband. She sir is no coward. You should know in our land that her actions might get her killed if her husband finds out and is offended."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris AC 0 HP 14 Thac0 19

Abrex listens intently as the others discuss the details of the mission and finally says, "So, One day there and One day back not counting what we'll need to go through to get the ledger as I am sure it's not just waiting for us to come get it."

"I agree the wife is risking much by doing this but it is a worthy cause. I for one will accept the mission for my God Learned Zann Zann and to write a wrong",adds Abrex.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#17 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The tall sha'ir eyes the maid. How do you know you can trust us? You don't. We'll either take the job and bring you the ledger, or we'll take the money and not make any effort to help you. Or, we'll take the money, and in a week's time, meet back here but instead of bringing the ledger, we'll bring Yodfah's men. You have no choice but to trust us at this point. You are already in too deep, but your employer must be aware of the risks she is taking. I hope the rewards are great enough for her.

Now, the question we need to answer is, do we purchase mules or ponies for the journey there and back, or do we walk? It will take us longer to travel without mounts, but we will not be able to slip in and out of places as easily with them. If we decide to walk, we can leave earlier than if we need to wait for merchants so we may purchase the animals.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Storm11 »

The halfling sha'ir sidles up to his taller compatriot. Whispering he says We have access to a spell that can create a mount lasting a fair few hours. That might solve both problems for us in one go perhaps, what do you think?"
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb addresses the maid. "You are indeed risking much to reach out to others on such a delicate task. I assure you, despite some of our rough edges, we are most trustworthy." Dubb looks around at his companions then continues "A dishonest merchant threatens more than just one family, we would be doing a great service to reveal him."

Dubb graciously bows in front of the maid. "I think I speak for us all, when I accept the task. We will return here in seven days. With the ledger, if it can be found."

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Maid looks to Benham "You are quite right, though I've some contacts that had nothing but good things to say about you a young porter being one of them. I believe you helped him after he was brutally beaten." turning then to Dubb "I thank you for that master dwarf." with that she hands over the pouch containing the 600 gp to the dwarf mystic. "I can have a guide show you where the path is if you would like or I can provide a map to you of the location you must seek out."

Return to “Archive”