Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#161 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex Whispers, "My guess is there might be a private study/room for the boss and that's where we'll find the ledger. In and out is our best bet I think folks. The longer we take the more chance they'll return. I wonder if there might be a way to set a sentry and perhaps we could dress like the thugs we just clobbered using their clothes, in case someone returns? Just thinking out loud here folks. If the security is this bad I'd suspect traps a plenty. Be on the look out and stay sharp. May True god Learned Zann Zann watch over us."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal clears his throat. Ben and I could potentially cast some spells to turn the pair of us into uniformed guards if we ever see one to emulate. Ah here is Alara returning!" he says as the beautiful blue djinnling flies back to hover before the halfling.

"Only chairs and tables lay here, the other doors remain closed and I could hear nothing behind them stirring. It doesn't look like anyone's used this room in a while." she replies with a shrug, and the little sha'ir lifts his big hand palm up and the gen high fives it with her own small one. "Nicely done my pretty," Jamal says proudly, and the djinnling twirls in the air and takes a bow, smiling.

Jamal releases the sleep spell successfully into the chamber sprinkling sand through his fingers into the middle of the room [1d100] = 99 and then asks the gen to fetch his unseen servant incantation if she can, Alara nods and ripples from sight in a swirl of winds.

[1d100] = 36 : [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6 : [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3

Meanwhile the little sha'ir will turn his attention to his companions. "Perhaps if someone with good trap detecting abilities can see if the doors to the north and to the south beyond are free of dangers we can check each out?" he suggests politely.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad flexes his hands about the hilt of his sword - looking impatient. A less than brutal thought enters his mind "We should consider a guard near the entrance - what if someone circles around us to flee and we loose our prize!? Someone take care of that.." and he readies his mighty sword to plunge deeper into the catacomb and glory.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem was getting REALLY tired of Asad's arrogance, but he decided to just ignore him for now. Turning to Jamal; he said; "That's not a bad idea at all my friend". Glancing over at Anuzal he says; "Which ever doors you want to check out first, I'll watch your back"; as he keeps his Cutlass and Dirk at the ready....

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- cracks the door slowly peering into the room. Listening for noises. He turns to Ahkeem Thank You friend.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#166 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir stays well back of the door when it is opened.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by Cwreando »

"Who's going to volunteer to stay at the front and miss out on the action", Abrex thinks and laughs to himself? Abrex stands to the side of the door before he opens. Abrex whispers, "I'm ready."

Having a guard or pair of guards up front sound like a pretty good idea but, how would the XP be handled for those not in the action. 1. They lose any chance of doing the killing blow. 2. No Combat XP. 3. This would be based on them not having any interaction while the others search the place. Just curious how this would be handled.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#168 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: To clarify on the map in room 6 the far left door takes you back into the fountain room where the two guards were killed.
The second door on the left takes you right back into the stables. The doors that would lead to new locations/rooms are the far right and middle of room 6 doors.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

"I volunteer Alara to scout the rest of the door before we go through." Before anything else can be said she moves back to the door they just entered and keeps an eye on the room behind them to make sure they are not snuck up on.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem keeps his Cutlass and Dirk gripped tight and at the ready and nods in reply to Anuzal's thanks; "No problem", he whispers back as he keeps an alert eye and ear out for any signs of approaching danger....

GreyWolfVT

#171 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I am waiting for a clarification of the door that is being opened as the one mentioned just takes you all back to the stables.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#172 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Anuzal cracks the door and listens (door provided is the one leading back to the entrance with the two dead gurads.) nothing is heard other than the sounds of the fountains still.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb, fresh from pocketing a few dried food bits from the stores, walks over to the middle door in room 6. He cautiously listens and sniffs at the door. "Seems like this one is the way to go."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad readies himself and his sword to enter as Dubb opens the next door...

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dubb listens at the middle door back in room 6 sounds like there is someone breathing in this room. Though when the door is attempted to be opened it does not budge. The door doesn't budge at all almost as if it might be magically locked or barricaded on the other end perhaps?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#176 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Seeing the door unable to open, the sha'ir will cast his Locate Object spell. Locate...oh, I don't know...a waterfall, he says in an attempt to just burn the spell so Jafar can go fetch a new spell. Oh, Ja-faaar! I need you to go find me a spell to open doors with, he calls to the fiery little gen.

Buuut I got a Knock spell for you before and you didn't end up using it. When you guys were trying to find that fish, remember?

Yes, I remember. But this time I will use it, not that it is any of your concern what I do with the spells you bring me. Now, go find- The gen blinks out before Benham is able to finish chastising him.
2nd Level Wizard Spell (50%): [1d100] = 88; Search Time (turns): [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4; Delay (if rolled 00): [1d10] = 5

In 40 minutes, we will discover that Jafar has returned but was unable to find the spell.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#177 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex whispers, "Is there a lock perhaps? Let's look the door over quietly for marks, clues or send in some magic thing to look about or maybe something unseen could pass under the door to scout inside?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal greets Alara as she returns and begins to cast his spell, pulling the material components from his secret robe pockets as he does so.
. [1d100] = 5 Success :)
As the unseen servant forms he asks the floating djinnling to pop off and retrieve a sleep spell once again.
.[1d100] = 21 : [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 : [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 success. She is back in 5 rounds with the spell, transferring it to the halfling's mind as she appears.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#179 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yes the door has a normal lock if someone wishes to pick it they can. ;)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#180 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex gets Anuzals attention and points at the lock on the door.

Return to “Archive”