Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:OCC- I know missed the ride out to the falls. But would gotten apple or grain for the horse before he left. How do I deduct for the horse and food?
Standard price from the AD&D PHB. Which doesn't list apples but if raisins are 2sp a lb then 2 apples for 2sp the grain is 5sp per day at the stables so i guess same prices for 2 days of grain without stabling fee.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#82 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

When his gen returns, he says, What? Couldn't find it? Well, it appears I will not be able to help hide the animals through use of magic, as Jafar here does not seem to be of much help lately. I vote we leave all the animals behind. The dogs will not want to get near the falls, so we would need to leave them behind at some point anyway I believe.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Storm11 »

"Yes let us leave them. The hounds can protect the steeds. I shall send Alara for an invisibility spell and hope that she has better luck this time!"

[1d100] = 69 : [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3 : [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

It takes a whole hour for the gen to return empty handed once again.
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb seems quite excited to be out of the city once again. "Ahh, can you smell the fresh air? The open sky? This is a wonderful place, this waterfall." Dubb starts twirling around, quite oblivious to anyone around.

After a few minutes of this, he comes to a stop and asks "So. Are we going up during the day, or waiting till dark?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Storm11 »

"If it's truly a safe house for this merchant, it is likely to be guarded. We should wait and watch and see what the lay of the land is before we rush in and spoil any surprise we might have. If the compound is warned too early they will be ready for our invasion, which could go very badly for us!" Jamal replies cautiously.
Greys Campaign.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem watches the others to figure out how to tie the mule correctly to some tree in an area where the animal has enough plants to graze on and then awkwardly pats the animal. "Good girl...", he says awkwardly and then turns to the others, MUCH more comfortable now that he's on foot.....

Drawing his Cutlass and Dirk, he shrugs and says to the others, "I'm ready when you guys are".

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Dram »

Anuzal-While feeding his horse. Anuzal looks for a good vantage point to look the area over.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Anuzal in looking around noticed that pretty much anywhere closer to the water is near invisible from the vantage point of the trail as the jungle vegetation hides it quite well. That is a great advantage and the large jungle plants or tree leaves could work well to sweep and hid your tracks from others that might happen along.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Dram »

Lets move quietly. I will cover our tracks as we head out. He cut a large leaf from one of the plants and starts covering there tracks.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex nods,"Ok let's be as quiet as we can perhaps those more capable of not making noise should lead out in front some distance and signal the rest to stop should they spot something ahead?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion, hand on sword and eager to move out, "Of course! Take the damn book! Bah - let's go already!"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"Daylight raid it is!" He gathers his gear and prepares to follow up the trail. He will stay towards the rear of the group, not versed in subtlety.

GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Base Camp & Scouting

The group finds a good spot closer to the water hidden by the jungle plants and trees, the sound of the falls helps cover the sounds of the animals. Anuzal cuts a large leaf from a fern and uses it to sweep over the footprints left by the group and their steeds, doing a good job of hiding their tracks its as if nobody had come through here at all now.

Heading up through the mule trail on foot Anuzal still sweeping over the groups tracks to hide their passage over the trail. The group proceeds though lacking the verbal stealth they planned for scouting, as Dubb in his dwarven way speaks loudly Asad verbalizes his eagerness to move out, Emma scolds the volume of the talking after Abrex warned before hand that they should all move on quietly.

Eventually everyone settles their talking volumes to a stealthier whisper and proceeds up the trail. The thin trail, wide enough for mules or ponies (but not horses), winds up the side of the gorge and right into the torrential waterfall. The trail does not emerge on the other side of the falls. The water is moving at a powerful speed and you can tell to try and pass through them is purely suicide anyone of the group would easily be swept away by the water. Though why then does the map mark right where the falls are as the location of the ledger? More questions arise. By the looks of the trail there has been someone through here same path you all took but by the looks of their tracks it has been a day or two since anyone has passed this way, their tracks lead up to the same spot you stand now.

Using the combined intelligence and wisdom among the group you have determined that there must be a hidden place concealed by the falls but how to enter them is another question entirely.

Actions?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#97 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir whispers to his efreetkin, Yes, I know there is more water. Deal with it. I need you to find me a spell for finding hidden objects. Do not fail me again. With that, the efreetkin disappears. We shall see if he is successful this time, or if it will be another failure. In the meantime, we should continue to search as I don't know when he will return, or if he will bring a spell when he does.

Iskandar will begin searching the rock wall for any sort of hidden doors or mechanisms.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

The noise of the falls drowning out much of Dubb's chatter, he finally relents to charades. Moving his fingers in a walking motion, he points back down the path. Then puts his hands together next to his head and closes his eyes.

Seeing the blank looks on nearby faces, he throws his hands up and sits down in the mist of the falls.

A thought finally wiggles to the surface and he starts examining the walls with a dwarven touch, looking for construction marks.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by ravenn4544 »

Bluehorse wrote:Emma

Groans at Asad. "You're about as subtle as a herd of elephants, you know that?"
Asad looks at the falls and looks back at Emma "How about I throw you through the falls and end your yammering - how's that for subtle!" He glares silently and waits for the other party members to do their jobs and find the path forward.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb turns away from the rock wall to look at Asad and Emma bickering, shrugs and states "I can't find any trace of construction here. If there is indeed a cave here, it's shrouded by magic."

"Could someone check it for magic for me? Riding all night disrupted my schedule." He then sits and enjoys the view.

Return to “Archive”