Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#181 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad - his blood still up from the recent fight - looks ready to kick the door in if needed....

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Dram »

Anuzal works to pick the lock. He will listen closely to hear if the breathing is from something larger than mansize.

Pick Lock(25%)
100 roll [1d100] = 16
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#183 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That damned door

Anuzal doing what he always does looks confused that usually the success of a pick would unlock the room does not result in such a resolution in this even the door still does not budge. Asad tries to kick the door and all it does is leave his foot and leg hurting again the usual attempt would yield a result of an open and unlocked door still does not.

As for the breathing from the close work on the door it sounds no larger than any human breathing. The attempts on the door don't alert whomever is on the inside of the room.

Everyone isn't sure at this point what to do with the door.

Actions?

I'm doing my best with this but the door has been locked by means of magic, no normal means will open the door.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Shrugs his shoulders and turns to the wizard. This seems to be locked by your sort. He
helps Asad move away from the door. Let the wizard do his business. We tried our ways it is up to him now.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex whispers very softly, "I hope they're up to the task. We could leave this door be and come back to it. While we wait for our wizards to gather the correct spell? Time is of the essence. Once the wizard indicate they have successfully retrieved the spell we can come back to the door?"

Abrex shakes his head and wonders about his friends. They've always seemed a bit odd and eccentric. Well, I know what my next class I want to be. A thief to help with locks and traps. After that it seems some locks are magical so a Sha'ir for sure. If the Fates favor me and our adventures.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal looks at his fellow sha'ir, now the Fire gen has gone to retrieve the knock spell. "If he doesn't come back with the magic needed to open the wizard lock, perhaps a reduce spell might be swifter hmmm? There is bound to be another way around this doorway, mayhap we keep looking?" the halfling says with a shrug, not wishing to waste a fair chunk of his unseen servant spell just standing around waiting.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad grunts in frustration at the cursed door "Yes - leave the door and make for the next!"

GreyWolfVT

#189 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Door as close an image as i can get.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- nods to Asad and points to the door at the back of the room. Have we check that door yet?

Sakina Falls Hidden Complex - revealed rms.jpg
Sakina Falls Hidden Complex - revealed rms.jpg (279.67 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

"Well, to get rid of the ward we need to either dispel it all together or try knock is one of our astral friends can fetch one of those. Another idea might be to break the door, which we might be able to do if we can get the horses in here and pull it off it's bearings."

The little sorceress then looks at the door and grins. "Or better yet, pull the pins put of the hinges here. It will just fall out of the way then!" with that she points to the hinges and gives the lowest one a tug hoping to pull a Leonardo DiVenci a la Everafter.
20170807_222500.jpg
20170807_222500.jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 258 times

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#192 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

After 40 minutes, Jafar returns. Um, just so you know-

No, no, no, no, no. Do NOT tell me you couldn't find my spell.

I wonder how an earth gen would fare...

Oh, come on. I fail one time- ok, maybe a few more, but still. Send me for something else. Easier this time. I'll find your spell. Probably.

Nope. Go try to find it again. It's the only spell I know of that can get the door open.
2nd Level Wizard Spell (50%): [1d100] = 73; Search Time (turns): [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6; Delay (if rolled 00): [1d10] = 9

Even without the penalty for searching for the same spell again that day, the gen fails. He'll be back empty handed in an hour.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#193 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

"Well, The fates are having fun with our Sha'ir's it would seem. I wonder if the elemental kin think on the fates as we do? Let's be moving to the other door. Quietly as we can in order too. We'll come back to this door later" Whispers Abrex and waves to move down to the other door.

Learned Zann Zann watch over us. whispers Abrex.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"I agree. Our time is best spent moving onward. The door appears sound and secure to us now. We shall return, however, and have our revenge."

Dubb motions at the door at the end of the hall. "Shall we?" He moves rather nonchalantly towards the door, seemingly without a care in the world. Once there, he will appraise the door and attempt to listen at it.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem nods in agreement with Dubb and Abrex; "Yes, it would seem Fate doesn't want us to open this door....at least...right now. Let's try another".

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Nods in agreement and falls into her usual spot in the marching order and keeps her eyes open for trouble or interesting details of their surroundings. "Maybe we should check the wine room."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Moves towards the door in the rear of the room. Checks to see if it is locked.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#198 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Door # 4

Passing on the locked door, likely a holding cell for prisoners or something. The group moves on to the last unchecked door in the hall room. The 10-foot-wide passage from behind the falls soon opens up into a 20-foot-wide hall. Delicate columns reach up to support a vaulted ceiling covered with cobalt blue tiles, arranged in intricate patterns to depict crashing waves. This hall is decorated like the entrance just instead of fountains a total of 25 sleeping pallets cover the floor near the walls. Six men are in the room 2 sleeping, 4 amusing themselves with games of cards.

For the moment they have not noticed the door opening but they are in the far end of the long room.

Actions?

Map Updated:
Sakina Falls Hidden Complex - revealed rms.jpg
Sakina Falls Hidden Complex - revealed rms.jpg (323.11 KiB) Viewed 231 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal will sneak into the chamber on his halfling feet and hide behind the boxes littered about. He will try and get within 50' of the furthest guard man and then cast his sleep spell upo them, sprinkling sand out before him as he incants his swift magic.
failure chance [1d100] = 42 success (79% or less)
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad observes the room and a grim smile crosses his face... with a whisper and a wicked chuckle he mouths"I will fall back and move around to be at that door there," and he nods at the far end of the room, "and give them a sharp surprise!"

Asad then slips back through room 6 and room 1 to approach the door at the northern most door of room 1.

Return to “Archive”