Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#41 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad throws up his hands with a 'Bah!" and heads off to the stables grudgingly following his comrades.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb is attempting to purchase a pony from the stables, a nice strong one to hold his dwarven frame. He will also purchase a saddle and other pony needs.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem the sailing man, who has probably seen more water and been on more boats and ships than the rest of the party combined is more than a little lost in this world of horses and camels and ponies. Feeling out of his league, the Corsair looks over the mounts in question and then turns to the others and says in a quiet tone;"I don't wish to be swindled so I must confess I know NOTHING about riding animals. Might one of you help me pick one out?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hope you don't mind Scott but it looks like everyone is all going to get a mount but I wanted to give you time to post.
To the Stables!
The maid goes with the group to the stables, which has a groggy looking stable hand running the night shift as it is not entirely too uncommon for folks at night to need use of a stable or purchase mounts at any hour of the day in the lands of fate. The maid pays for a mount for herself a pony "I'll return in the morning good sir." she tells the stable hand, to which he waves a hand seaming not to care one whit for it. Then seeing the eight others arrive for mounts "My we appear to be busy this evening how might I help all of you?" he asks the group not sure who is in charge.

Maid looks to the stable hand "Ponies or Mules for most of them." she informs him, until Emma asks for a dog "I'd not considered that for you smaller folk,
interesting selection though."

The stable hand looks a bit confused by such an unusual steed selection the comes forth with a war dog and a saddle that looks to fit somewhat properly "Here you go, how about the rest of the lot of you mules or ponies?" Seeing how some have a bit of a dilemma in selecting what is best he comes back with seven ponies saddled and ready to go. Pony cost is 30 gp or Mule is 8 gp naturally the stable hand will offer the more expensive option "Is this good or do you wish to have mules instead?"

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 19

"A more noble steed for me will do nicely. At least for me. Ah Emma the war dog Should prove helpful. Does it know any commands? Are the ponies trained at all?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal jumps at the chance to buy a riding dog. "Is it trained to fight as well? I shall call it fluffy.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad studies the mounts and thinks of a practical idea, "Of course, If hiding these beasts becomes a problem, or an unnecessary burden to the group, we could always slaughter them, feast our fill, then conceal the bodies as we conduct our search." He grunts approvingly now ready to move on.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Storm11 »

Jamals face drops at this. "Not Fluffy! You wouldn't ..... :o
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zaviir (The Stable Merchant)
"Pony is trained to obey basic commands for riding they will not attack they are not war horses. The dog's are good they know how to attack on command, just say hujum to the dog
and they attack and if you say kaeab they will stop attacking. Say tati and they follow you. As for riding the short folk will do the same as a pony or mule lead with the harness."
he informs those asking him questions. "I will return in a moment with another dog." he informs Jamal as he walks back with a pony and comes back shortly with another war dog in a smaller saddle. "Here you are my friend." then looking at Dubb he says "For you mister dwarf I don't think a dog will work, Dog is good for hairfoot and gnome but dwarf might be ok with Boar or Pig if you want to ride one or the pony and mule is good." he smiles at the dwarf to show he means not to offend just offer a suggestion.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb
"I've my mind set on a pony, sir. Maybe an exotic beast will intrigue me at some point, but a pony shall do for now."

Dubb hands over the gold.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 19

Once done with the stable hand and out of ear shot.

"Oh, Dubb. I'll take my share now my friend. I want to make sure to tithe the appropriate amount so the fates will be with us on our mission", comments Abrex.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

The little sorceress beams as she sees the War Dog brought out. It reminds her of some of the mounts she saw in her youth when she traveled to their native lands with one of her father's caravans. She walks over and pets the dog speaking to it in gnomish chatter and offering him a salted fish in an open palm.

1 fish deducted

Grinning at the large dog, "Well, aren't you just a regular Prince Charming?"

Quite happy with the dog and the tack included she makes a few adjustments and looks him over approvingly before offering the gold to the stablehand and including 1 extra GP in tip for good measure. "Thank you, good sir. Might I ask about what kind of feed and water these mounts require while traveling? Can we also purchase these things here?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Stable hand what do you have in the way of speed?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#54 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Well, since everyone else is selecting ponies or dogs, I shall take a mule.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zaviir (Stable Hand) takes Emma's tip and nods smiling at her "My thanks. The dogs eat meat such as the fish you just fed him. We feed them mostly dried meats or fish though the have eaten fresh meat as well. Other than that water they will need as well." then looking to Anuzal "Speed why would you need speed if your friends here are all taking ponies or mules and dogs? We have Ghazu horses. I'll show you one." he goes back with two ponies and comes out with a mule for Benham "Here is your mule sir." and a Ghazu horse. "This is a ghazu horse, fastest breed in all of Zhakara."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#56 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Iskandar eyes the mule, accepting it from the stable hand. Thank you! This does indeed appear to be a mule, and likely a fine specimen at that. The sha'ir has no knowledge of horses and their kin. He hopes he is getting a decent mule but really wouldn't know otherwise.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zaviir hands over the rope to Benhams ass mule "She is a very fine mule my friend. The very best one I have." you'll have to forgive my dialog I think I went with an India accent there. :?

Benham's Mule

Emma's War Dog
emma dog.png
emma dog.png (228.05 KiB) Viewed 318 times

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb, hearing the concerns of Abrex, replies "I understand, my friend. It may be easier for this poor stablehand to handle this as a group. I will settle our bill and then share the remainder. I assure you the fates will get their share, but if you would feel more comfortable with the gold in your hands..."

Dubb smiles and will give Abrex his share if pressed.

"Zaviir, please let me know how much we owe, I will be handling the bill this time."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad, seemingly condemned to ride, will seek out the most glorious horse worthy of his stature.

Return to “Archive”