Character Creation: Rules & General Q&A

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Character Creation: Rules & General Q&A

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright character creation here we go fairly standard in most cases roll 4d6 for each stat. You can create a macro on the roller or use the stat roller option if you wish to. Arrange rolls where you wish. Generally I offer the re-roll rule for any result that is below a 9 unless you want to keep it. I also offer use of the "point buy" system where you can deduct 1 to 2 points from another stat roll result and put them into another stat roll result. For example: Rolling a 17 for CHA and an 8 for INT but you are trying to make something that needs better INT minus 2 from the 17 result lowering CHA to 15 and add them to INT making it a 10 for INT.

On starting money follow the usual rule from the PHB or Al-Qadim book for your class's starting money. Purchase equipment, weapons & armor from the starting money. I will have some freebie things given to every character.
Items Free of Charge to all Characters: Backpack, belt pouch (small), Belt, waterskin/wineskin, 1 weeks standard dry rations, bedroll, 3 torches, flint & steel, 50' of hemp rope, 1 x knife, boots, cloak, & basic clothing desired to be wearing. Note: on the clothing only what you are currently wearing is free if you wish to have more to change into that will come out of the starting money that your character has.
Knife Stats: wt: nil | size:small | type:Piercing/slashing | speed factor:2 | Dmg: s/m: 1d3 Lrg: 1d2

Starting out with level 1 characters, you can dual class/multiclass at start or as we level up.

Don't worry about status, honor or family for character creation I'm not going to use status. If you wish to list your family or honor you can do so if you want to use it to heighten your role-playing. You can do the same thing with status if you wish though I am not going to make that part of the gaming experience (gaining & losing status).

Please make use of Non-Weapon Proficiency I do like to utilize them in game play. For weapon proficiency yes you can use Weapon specialization, as well as Dual-Wielding.

Roller Campaign Id# 520

For other rulings check my house rules here: viewtopic.php?f=443&t=6192
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

Re: Character Creation: Rules & General Q&A

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So a couple things I noticed is missing on some of the character sheets that I'd really like to see on all character sheets is THAC0 and Saving Throw stats please. :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by max_vale »

THAC0 for everybody is 20 since we're all Level 1, right? Or did you mean you want the modifiers for things like STR/DEX/Specialization, etc. factored in?

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

max_vale wrote:THAC0 for everybody is 20 since we're all Level 1, right? Or did you mean you want the modifiers for things like STR/DEX/Specialization, etc. factored in?
It's all 20 but not everyone has that I know tad anal or OCD but it helps me after 1st level as it isn't the same in all classes after level 1. Though I like what you're saying factor in specialization and STR/DEX mods in macros please. :) TY Max

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Oh and everyone knows Midani the native language to Zakhara.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it's a language :D http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Midani_language

Midani was the common tongue of Zakhara. It was spoken by all "enlightened" citizens of that region as well as by most unenlightened savages of that land. A version of Midani, known as Uloushinn by some scholars, was also spoken by the Bedine.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:LOL! I meant the THACO
The weapon portion of the sheet has a spot marked for THAC0
Example:
thac0.JPG
thac0.JPG (39.08 KiB) Viewed 3368 times

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

and yes Bluehorse it is T H A C zero not an O short for To Hit AC Zero ;) :P

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#12 Post by Scott308 »

The info for the sha'ir says that he can use any 1st or 2nd level wizard spells. In order to cast anything of a higher level, priest spells, or foreign spells, he has to see the spell. Any chance he may have seen any other spells, of any sort? Also, since Continual Light is on the list of spells he can use, I would like to say he had used it a number of times, and has half a dozen stones he has cast the spell upon. Any objection to that?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:The info for the sha'ir says that he can use any 1st or 2nd level wizard spells. In order to cast anything of a higher level, priest spells, or foreign spells, he has to see the spell. Any chance he may have seen any other spells, of any sort? Also, since Continual Light is on the list of spells he can use, I would like to say he had used it a number of times, and has half a dozen stones he has cast the spell upon. Any objection to that?
That is quite fine with me on the continual light spell. As for the other name a spell and I'll tell you yes or no when it comes to something you are considering? There are ways of obtaining spells that I could say in your time at the city of Muluk you have seen of perhaps higher level. Plus I have yet to hand out the one "Gift" Item from the DM to each of you, mostly because I was waiting for everyone to have a character.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#14 Post by Scott308 »

I didn't have anything in particular I was thinking of. I just figured at some point he may have seen something not on the list, clerical spells in particular. Some sort of healing might be the most likely.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Definitely on the healing spells in my mind that would be one of the more common spells that you would likely see being used

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright I must commend 2 of you have added the "gift" magical item to your character sheets :D the rest of you I'm sure will add them eventually ;) or suffer the consequences...

Return to “Archive”