Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

#301 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Greywolf: You're crazy!

Zeromancer: Welcome to the game!
Hey if I'm crazy what does that make all of you for joining a game I am running? :lol: ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#302 Post by Zeromancer »

Greetings all. This should be a fun ride. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#303 Post by GreyWolfVT »

haha yes the game is essentially on "rails" so we are on a ride it's not exactly a sandbox game
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:

Hey if I'm crazy what does that make all of you for joining a game I am running? :lol: ;)
Funny... I have the same argument with my wife out marrying me :)

GreyWolfVT

#306 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:

Funny... I have the same argument with my wife out marrying me :)
:lol: I've got the same with myself and my wife.
Bluehorse wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:haha yes the game is essentially on "rails" so we are on a ride it's not exactly a sandbox game
But there is sand under the rails.
Being an Arabian Nights setting this could be true. ;) I have not veered far from the way the module "whatever you want to call it" has directed me to. I surely don't type the dialog to sound like the accent but hopefully that hasn't put any of you off. I can think of how it would sound but just can't type it ;)

On an entirely side note I did notice a lot of you never put down any additional languages on your character sheets Ravenn you didn't put any at all and everyone gets at least Midani as a freebie being the native language of the area essentially that is this lands common.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Storm11 »

I see the next adventure is up and running. Is it cool that a fair few of us are still 1st and 2nd level. There are a lot of us tho so that might be the balancing factor.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#308 Post by GreyWolfVT »

It's fine I haven't given you experience for the end of adventure 3 still Kester

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Storm11 »

Magic.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by ravenn4544 »

Good question - I think I have overlooked the language component as it hasn't come as an obstacle in the games I've been part of. usually, in my limited tabletop experiences, it was more of a hindrance than a problem to be solved. but that was long time ago and an impatient part of my life :)

GreyWolfVT

#311 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Good question - I think I have overlooked the language component as it hasn't come as an obstacle in the games I've been part of. usually, in my limited tabletop experiences, it was more of a hindrance than a problem to be solved. but that was long time ago and an impatient part of my life :)
give yourself at least Midani after that it is up to you if you want to take the normal elven and so forth.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by ravenn4544 »

done. thanks. with his limited intelligence he doesn't get but 2 extra anyway.

Asad is not really the conversationalist to be honest. In case you haven't noticed ;)

GreyWolfVT

#313 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:done. thanks. with his limited intelligence he doesn't get but 2 extra anyway.

Asad is not really the conversationalist to be honest. In case you haven't noticed ;)
It's been noticed and noted :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#314 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Perils of Priest Spells (For the Sha'ir)
Sha’irs who send their gens after priest spells do so at their own risk. Priest spells are granted by the gods (or other powerful forces), and a gen who retrieves such a spell may take more than magic back to its master. There is a 10 percent chance per level of the desired spell that a god or higher being observes the gen’s activity. The DM makes the percentage roll. If the gen is noticed, nothing happens until the sha’ir casts the spell. When the spell is cast, “divine retribution” occurs. The DM determines which god (or being) is offended. The exact punishment varies according to the level of the spell being cast:

1st to 2nd Level:
The sha’ir suffers an immediate case of the evil eye. No saving throw is allowed. The evil eye is noted for this foul curse (-2 penalty to saving throws, ability checks, and proficiency checks; new encounters are “indifferent” at best). In addition, the recipient of the attract evil eye spell suffers a -1 penalty to all saving throws vs. enchantment/charm spells, as well as a -2 penalty when saving vs. all curses (not just those created by the spell).

3rd to 4th Level:
The hand of Fate turns against the caster. The next opponent to attack the sha’ir gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls for the duration of the encounter. If the sha’ir happens to cast multiple priest spells of this level before the next encounter, the results are cumulative (+1 per spell).

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Storm11 »

I do realise this. Cheers
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#316 Post by Cwreando »

This was mainly intended for life saving situations with regard to priest spells and I was hoping more for a magic spell boost if a mage employed by the mosque was on hand. ;). Keep in mind Abrex did not ask for himself per say but he would benefit later in life.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#317 Post by GreyWolfVT »

True. I just wanted to make sure that others were aware the penalties Jamal and Benham would have in learning priests spells if they cast them. ;)

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#318 Post by Zeromancer »

I presume my character can stake a claim to a portion of the advance payment for the coming expedition. He too needs to supply up before heading out on a long trek into the interior wastes. How many ways would the 2000 gp be divided?

GreyWolfVT

#319 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Easiest way i guess would be split it 10 ways 200 gp each character however I have not heard from sirravd in 12 days. I can leave Rashad out as well and just split the 2,000 gp 8 ways rather than 9 in the vent the NPC needs to be equipped for a long journey.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#320 Post by Cwreando »

Party loot note

Abrex picked up the jambiya+1 and still has it but doesn’t want it. He also picked up the philter of glibness he gave to Emma and thrmpotion of invisibility which he gave to anuzal I think. I only grabbed those so they didn’t get left. The plan was to sell the ornamental armor I think or sell back to owner. The rest I don’t know about.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Return to “Archive”