Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

#321 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I gave values to items where the module did. That does not mean you have to sell those items.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex has Muli’s jambiya which may not be magical if it’s different from the ghouls one. Understood on value Grey.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#324 Post by Scott308 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:On an entirely side note I did notice a lot of you never put down any additional languages on your character sheets
I used all my intelligence bonus slots for nonweapon proficiencies instead of additional languages. Unless I get 7 languages AND 7 NWPs. Then I''ll pick some languages. But since Languages, Modern is an NWP, I assumed if I wanted extra languages that was how I would have to select them. Also, in order to get from level 2 to level 4, I had to give myself 5,142 XP, since you mentioned needing to see how much XP you'll need to award multi-classed characters.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by Cwreando »

Blue ——Emma does have the ghoul one. That’s what Abrex is saying. So his isn’t magical he believes. He doesn’t use one either so his is for sale or to give to party either way.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#326 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:On an entirely side note I did notice a lot of you never put down any additional languages on your character sheets
I used all my intelligence bonus slots for nonweapon proficiencies instead of additional languages. Unless I get 7 languages AND 7 NWPs. Then I''ll pick some languages. But since Languages, Modern is an NWP, I assumed if I wanted extra languages that was how I would have to select them. Also, in order to get from level 2 to level 4, I had to give myself 5,142 XP, since you mentioned needing to see how much XP you'll need to award multi-classed characters.
You're good on languages Scott you have it correct. Thanks for the xp number. Mostly on the languages I was more concerned with folks that didn't have any or those that only had the freebie language that was a give me for the setting. Or those that went insanely overboard and took every language listed for their race. Ideally you should have only the number of languages your INT gives however I tend to also allow your own racial language as a freebie as well as the local language's version of common. In addition to that I don't use the optional rule of using NWP slots for languages instead I offer the bonus you get for NWP as bonus language slots as well.
Cwreando wrote:Abrex has Muli’s jambiya which may not be magical if it’s different from the ghouls one. Understood on value Grey.
Muli's is just a regular one the one from the ghoul tunnel was a magical +1 weapon.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by ravenn4544 »

Before the funeral when we were at the waterfall, didn't we have a horse with us? I don't remember what we did with it but may be helpful now that we have a trek to undertake.

GreyWolfVT

#328 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes Raven each of you had some sort of steed as Rashad just pointed out you have them kept in the stables of Muluk. Some of you have ponies others went with dogs or horses

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by ravenn4544 »

Nice :). Thanks for pointing out Rashad.

Asad will just back here and wait to be told what to do :)

GreyWolfVT

#330 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott does make a good point however after you get past the jungle area near the Sakina falls and enter the desert water needs for the ponies and horses will be fairly high compared to the camels.

I just added information on dehydration and water needs for everyone under the classes, races, deities and other information topic. viewtopic.php?f=443&t=6194

Also for more information about the ruins and the immortal king Check the maps and other info topic there is information there under rumors and lore, it's my 6th post in there. viewtopic.php?f=443&t=6193

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Dram »

So what is the total GP split of we sell everything but the weapons and the potions?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#332 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:So what is the total GP split of we sell everything but the weapons and the potions?
If we split it only 8 ways to each currently active player it's

814 gp, 8 sp, 97 cp each "roughly" as there is a half cp each
However that's not including selling the regular jambiya off of Muli or any potions that is also keeping the magic items like the shield +1 and the Jambiya +1

Mind you a Jambiya (N) is only worth 4 gp

Also that is not letting Rashad take any of the coin and that is including what the priest paid you up front.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#333 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer wouldn't have interest in any gold acquired during the party's last excursion. He wouldn't know about it in character anyhow. As long as he gets an even split of the 2,000 advance from the priest, he'll be content. Everything else can and should be divided among those who participated in Chapter 3.

GreyWolfVT

#334 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The only downside to that Zero is that a pc that the player left the game would get a cut of the coins essentially it'd be a waste to give over 800 gp to a pc that is gone and may not return.

However I can take 2,000 and split it among 8 PC's that are starting the 4th adventure

250 gp each player that is currently active and starting the 4th adventure. I can tally the loot again that was only found in the adventure 3 not counting what the priest gave you to start adventure 4.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#336 Post by Zeromancer »

I assumed that the loot and other rewards for Chapter 3 would go to those who completed it. If a player didn't return to begin Chapter 4, then their share would be divided among those who did. To me it seems more fair to divide the Chapter 3 loot and cash 7 ways instead of 8.

As Chapter 4 begins and Ameer signs on, he'd expect 250 gp as his share of the advance the priest provided.

However, if it's just a lot easier to combine it all and give Ameer a share, I assure you, I'll find something to blow the surplus on. ;D

GreyWolfVT

#337 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well we have already one person saying they don't want any of the coin found in the ghoul lair. So if we cut out Benham and Rahkeem that split is only 7 ways unless the NPC is cut in since he did participate then it would be 8 ways still even with Benham not partaking of the coin other than what was paid from the mosque of Zann. If I do cut in Ameer then I split the Adventure 3 stuff 9 ways. Which also makes me realize I split the priests 2,000 gp incorrectly as there are 9 players and 1 NPC if you need him if not then that 2k gets split 9 ways. So call that a DM mathematical error.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#338 Post by Zeromancer »

If the NPC is going to be a recurring type who will serve the party in some fashion perhaps "off camera", then personally I wouldn't mind if they received a share of money provided that having said money would make them more effective in assisting the party. (eg. allowing them to purchase better gear and/or supplies that grant bonuses) ;D

As for the Chapter 3 treasure, I still think that belongs to the characters who did the work, and not Ameer. I've said my piece on it and will leave it up to them. :)

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#339 Post by Ullek »

Well being as you folks can't make up your mind about the cash, this humble servant will take your shares with a smile.......lol.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Bluehorse »

Ullek wrote:Well being as you folks can't make up your mind about the cash, this humble servant will take your shares with a smile.......lol.
Folks, I have found our bard for the next campaign!

Return to “Archive”