Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

#341 Post by Storm11 »

NO bards. Unless you don’t mind some accidental spells going off in their direction. By accident. With Force :shock: 8-) Gods I hate the bards
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#342 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol Dubb already proclaims to be the "bard" don't you remember his first posting when he joined you all in adventure 1?
Monsieur Rose wrote:Dubb
Cistern

Dubb steps up to hold the end of Jamal's rope. "Here, I'll help hold this end. Those who can swim or float across do so."
"It looks like it's bath time for us all."
Dubb is reminded of a bathing song he heard in days past, and bursts into song.
"Sing hey! for the bath at close of day
that washes the weary mud away!
A loon is he that will not sing:
O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,
and the brook that leaps from hill to plain;
but better than rain or rippling streams
is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;
but better is Beer if drink we lack,
and Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high
in a fountain white beneath the sky;
but never did fountain sound so sweet
as splashing Hot Water with my feet!"
Dubb chuckles "I'd suggest holding your pack over your head to try and keep it dry-ish."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#344 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes remember he named his pony Stepp lol Dwarf named Dubb and his steed named Stepp. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Monsieur Rose »

*Dubb peeks in.*

Ah yes, my fair pony Stepp. I should go check on her. And thanks for reminding me to sing more often!

*Dubb exits, stage right*

Let's split the 2000 with active PC's, not including Rashad the NPC. So, 8?
Let's split the adventure 3 spoils evenly with the PC's who finished act 3, including Rashad the NPC. So, 8 again? I'm assuming we are having him stay behind in the city to keep watch. If Benham doesn't want the coin from the crypt, I suggest we give his share to Ayyam.

Dubb needed 1232xp to reach 6k and 4th level.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#346 Post by Zeromancer »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Let's split the 2000 with active PC's, not including Rashad the NPC. So, 8?
Let's split the adventure 3 spoils evenly with the PC's who finished act 3, including Rashad the NPC. So, 8 again? I'm assuming we are having him stay behind in the city to keep watch. If Benham doesn't want the coin from the crypt, I suggest we give his share to Ayyam.
I approve of this message.

GreyWolfVT

#347 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Currently active players not counting the NPC is a total of 9

Active players that completed adventure 3 are 9 because max_vale's guy was in it until the very end plus Rashad the NPC makes it 10. Rahkeem left at the end of adventure 3. Benham (Scott) said he wants none of the coin from adventure 3 if I read his words correctly. So that makes in 8 PC's unless we exclude Rahkeem too. Then it is 7 PC's 1 NPC.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Monsieur Rose »

9, 8? All within a margin of error. :D

Split the 2k 9 ways.
Split the Act 3 9 ways, including Rashad.

GreyWolfVT

#349 Post by GreyWolfVT »

only thing there that appears to be a bit of a waste is doling a portion to max_vale's PC if he doesn't return to the game. However not giving him his cut is also unfair. I see both sides of the issue for that part.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Let's keep it in escrow. Earning a percentage. :D

I game with Max at his house a few times a month. Knowing him, he'd just as well have us take his share. If I'm wrong, I'll give him my share when the time comes.

GreyWolfVT

#351 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol well there is always opportunity to throw coin his way when he returns to us like I hope he does. Also so far it looks like sirravd is not joining us no reply back from my last pm to him on Jan 1st he has logged in since then however has not posted here or replied/read my last PM to him. So for now I bumped him back to the waitlist however he still has access to make posts here. So for now looks like we're rolling forward with 9 PC's and 1 NPC. Granted there are other NPC's but Rashad is the highest level one that stands a chance for survival.

A side suggestion would be to pool all the funds from these adventures into a group pool keep your own individual coin and just treat this like you are a business all the coin for these quests/adventures go into a "business pool" to fund all the adventure/work related needs. ;)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Dram »

Monsieur Rose wrote:*Dubb peeks in.*

Ah yes, my fair pony Stepp. I should go check on her. And thanks for reminding me to sing more often!

*Dubb exits, stage right*

Let's split the 2000 with active PC's, not including Rashad the NPC. So, 8?

Dubb needed 1232xp to reach 6k and 4th level.

I also Approve this message. So we are going with GW's original split post? I read everything correctly.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#353 Post by Cwreando »

I like the group pool idea a bit. I don't think we have enough funds individually to outfit ourselves properly to complete this next adventure without taking some losses probably. I am ok with any way we split it though. For now Abrex has taken his cut and converted it to gems saving to eventually buy a magical weapon and lighten his load of coins. He also tithed 10% of the ghoul and Muli loot to the Zann Elder/temple fund. 50 GP. The coins have been converted and I still need to pull the Tithe off the sheet.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#354 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Oh and I meant to add this bit too. I have no issues if you convert the coins to smaller numbers like converting up to Plat/Gold/Electrum to make it lighter weight to carry there are banks that would be easily accessed in the down time in Muluk to convert coin. I'm not going to make you run around with 8k cp 4k sp 2k gp

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#355 Post by Zeromancer »

I've used the concept of group funds many times in the past, so much, in fact that it's a permanent section on the local copies of my character sheets, both coin and equipment are represented in this way. It's the best and most egalitarian way to secure supplies and lodging for members of the party, I feel. If someone wants a suite with a four poster bed and oiled massage service though, that's coming out of their personal funds.

Also, I routinely change my coin denominations around unless a DM specifically states that there are money changers in their world, money changers who charge fees for their services. ;P

GreyWolfVT

#356 Post by GreyWolfVT »

For the sake of my games curracy change outs free service. However if you want them to store that has a price.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Dram »

Okay I must be blind. What was the split on the treasure.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#358 Post by GreyWolfVT »

nobody gets nothing lol we gave all the coin to Ayyam ;)

At this point the split makes less sense and I suggested making a "group funds pool" from the loot however I may have to make another poll for this. As the split is not even exactly if we decide to just keep splitting it, plus we had at least one player that doesn't want any of the coin found in the ghoul lair.

I posted up a poll please everyone take the time to vote on it if you have any suggestions for handling loot then vote for other suggestions and make a post with your suggestion there.

Poll: viewtopic.php?f=443&t=7127

GreyWolfVT

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates

#359 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal swaps his horse for a camel. Are we each purchasing a second camel to carry supplies for the journey? After he is done he heads to the merchants with the others to buy supplies needed.

Make changes. I was just looking thru the Arabian guide manual.
4 Greek Fire
I did not find any feed for the camels.

Closest I found was
Feed & stables, camel (daily) 4sp normal price per day. You could just purchase the feed from the stables for half the cost per the DM. ;)
However not sure why you want greek fire that stuff is like medieval napalm

GreyWolfVT

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates

#360 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cwreando wrote:Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 32
If we follow the river and use the oasis we only need to water the camels say 5 gallons a day for 3 days to get from oasis to Talv? I have 2 camels so 10 gallons of water per day for 3 days is 30 gallons and 10 Gallons for Abrex who only needs 1 gallon per day so 7 gallons extra just in case is my plan. Correct as needed DM. The 5 gallons/day for the camels water is an educated guess.
Per the Monstrous Manual Camels are Large size 8' tall. Per the dehydration cart for animals Large 7'+ require 4 gallons of water daily. So your 5 gallons would be a safe number to run with as it is only 1 gallon more than required so the animal does not suffer effects of dehydration. Good work. ;)

Return to “Archive”