Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

#381 Post by ravenn4544 »

I think Asad is ready. Updated sheet and inventory. He used is 300gp plus the money from last adventure to outfit his armors and armor. proficiencies updates (have a few slots in reserve for now to specialize bow if when i get there)

let me know of any corrections or modifications to food/water requirements for the camels/other stuff is needed!

Thanks!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#382 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:I think Asad is ready. Updated sheet and inventory. He used is 300gp plus the money from last adventure to outfit his armors and armor. proficiencies updates (have a few slots in reserve for now to specialize bow if when i get there)

let me know of any corrections or modifications to food/water requirements for the camels/other stuff is needed!

Thanks!
The water amount figured is a good base to go with however as Zero pointed out the camels likely will require less than the 4 gallons of water that I went from based on just the dehydration for animals information. Plus for the first almost week of the journey you will have access to fresh water sources if you follow the river the enters the sea near Muluk. It doesn't look like the river really "fades" out until you get closer to Talv. However there does appear to be an oasis near Talv slightly south of Talv. If that is the path the group wishes to take. There are alternative ways to go but this adventure we won't do a "fast version" of the travel based on some module suggestions since we never really left Muluk other than to Sakina Falls which was patrolled by the Muluk city guard we have higher chances for encounters along this journey which could be fun I'll try not to make it dull and boring. ;)

By coin from the prior adventure I'm supposing you mean Asad's cut of the coins looted from the Ghoul lair & Muli. I know a few of you are already and set to go but I know there are a couple or more that haven't been posting as continually as some of the rest of us which is not a game requirement. I'm giving those folks time to post and say what they wish to do before forcing the journey down your throats :twisted:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#383 Post by Scott308 »

Hmm. I don't recall Benham saying he didn't want any of the coin from the previous adventure. That doesn't really sound like him, but if you can point out the post I made saying that, then fine. I tried to find it and couldn't.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#384 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Hmm. I don't recall Benham saying he didn't want any of the coin from the previous adventure. That doesn't really sound like him, but if you can point out the post I made saying that, then fine. I tried to find it and couldn't.
I'll correct the group funds then since it sounds like I must have misread a post somewhere. I can't find it now but eh whatever I'm am human not a Genie. ;) Just make sure you added your cut then to your sheet. Sorry for my mistake Scott.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#385 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry folks I did finally find a list for +1 Weapons so I just added them on the list I got it from dandwiki so I'll just roll with it some of the items were clearly listed name wise from a newer edition but i fixed them.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I do seem to recall Benham saying that he wanted to give his coin to Dubb. Now that I think on it, Asad, Abrex, Emma all did too. :lol:

Don't worry, Dubb will invest it wisely. In more ponies and wandering minstrels to play a theme song as he walks around.

GreyWolfVT

#387 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Wishful thinking there Rose. Just for that Dubb will be forced to donate all his coin to the nearest mosque. :P

To Dubb:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Tithing? NOOO! The bane of all good holy men. Dubb meekly submits to the power of Fate and backs away humbly. "Just kidding, oh wise and mercurial Fate."

I love that picture!

GreyWolfVT

#389 Post by GreyWolfVT »

On another note I noticed the loot poll is missing only one vote for the currently active people including myself. Who didn't vote? :?

GreyWolfVT

#390 Post by GreyWolfVT »

On a serious side I have some proposed travel paths you could take granted a majority of them follow a similar path but here take a look I tried to line them up from map 1 to map 2 as close as possible. Which path color would everyone prefer to go with? Or i anyone has a better path go ahead and mock it up for me. ;)

Map 1:
Muluk and Environs.png
Muluk and Environs.png (996.58 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Map 2:
The Burning Lands Map.jpg
The Burning Lands Map.jpg (237.14 KiB) Viewed 841 times

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Dram »

Anuzal will choose the red path
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#392 Post by Zeromancer »

Gah... I feel like I'm looking at the NYC subway map... :?
Anyway... one thing I am thinking about is that perhaps we aren't the only ones who know about the artifact and that outside forces will be trying to prevent us from reaching our goal. Has everyone seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? It could be something like that. To that end, traveling off the beaten path a little may help us avoid detection. For that reason, I like the green route as it bypasses major settlements. However, the red route is probably the fastest and most direct. It has my vote for next best route. Also, any time we pass through a gap between mountain ranges, we should be on the lookout for raiders.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#393 Post by Cwreando »

Red route 1. Hunt for red October is my vote.

Oh. Group do we need some hired hands to guard the camels? Group funds can pay for it probably. If this hasn’t been addressed.

If I didn’t vote I’ll vote with the majority on Loot.

I’d still travel during the day as a human and no vision at night. 3-6 hireling for 3 shifts. Is 1-2 guards per watch doing 4 hr watches. Assuming we sleep from 7 pm to 7 am. We could supplement with 3 pc per shift?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Dram »

Crweando the items below is a suggestion of what I propose we needed for the long trek thru the desert. Make changes if needed.

Anuzal swaps his horse for a camel. Are we each purchasing a second camel to carry supplies for the journey? After he is done he heads to the merchants with the others to buy supplies needed.

Make changes. I was just looking thru the Arabian guide manual.
Items needed possibly

1 Tent Pavilion or lg tent
50 gallon Waterskins
6 sack lg
6 sacks sm
2 lanterns hooded
2 50ft ropes hemp
6 lamp oil
Enough Canvas for each person to cover themselves in case of sand storms.
3 Grappling hooks
4 Greek Fire
I did not find any feed for the camels.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Storm11 »

Another vote for the red path
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#396 Post by Cwreando »

Dram

I think I have most of that. I didn’t take any grappling hooks, canvas. Or a tent pavilion as I think you have those covered for the group. Most of my stuff has been added to my inventory or in my notes. My main concern is do we need hirelings to guard our camels?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#397 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You shouldn't need many hirelings and if you don't need Rashad or Khalid to stay in Muluk to care for your homes/animals they could join you and guard the camels and camp. Or you can hire some really cheap hirelings that works too.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#398 Post by Zeromancer »

GreyWolfVT wrote:You shouldn't need many hirelings and if you don't need Rashad or Khalid to stay in Muluk to care for your homes/animals they could join you and guard the camels and camp. Or you can hire some really cheap hirelings that works too.
Ameer has hired a few hirelings, mainly for himself. He did recommend bringing on at least few to care for the mounts during the last IC meeting at the mosque.

Oh, and I vote for traveling in the early AM (4 AM to about 10 AM), and then from dusk to late evening (6 PM to 10 PM). We should avoid traveling during the hottest part of the day at all costs, that's desert travel 101. :P

GreyWolfVT

#399 Post by GreyWolfVT »

we've hit 20 pages max page limit recommended by the forum mods so starting a new OOC thread here: viewtopic.php?f=443&t=7142

Return to “Archive”