Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the Tail

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the

#201 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The tall sha'ir briefly shows surprise when the fish does in fact speak. Well, it looks like the fish can speak. Although, it appears some of our group does not believe it is a fish. Tell me, Salana if you are not actually a fish, what exactly are you? And what is this reward of which you speak? I am still unconvinced that our plan should be anything other than returning you to the fisherman.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Upon finally hearing the fish speak and state her name as well, Dubb smiles broadly. "Nice to meet you Salana. We will return you to the sea as you request." Dubb looks at the rest of the group with a knowing smile. "Have you all not experienced things that aren't as they seem? Our lands are full of surprises, and I for one honor requests made by the unknown. One never knows who or what is in disguise."

I'm assuming Abrex is now holding the bowl/Salana

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal will accept a shimmy up the wall once again and out into the street once again.

Once the coast is clear and he is unseen he will accept the fish and cast his change self spell, shifting into the form of a 12 year old human child carrying a bag (salana) or a mundane fish corpse if the bag isn't possible.
[1d100] = 1. DOH. He loses the magic as he tries to cast it. He will ask Alara to fetch a second change Self spell immediately, feeling suddenly exposed. [1d100] = 78 : [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6 : [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3 :roll:
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion grumbles and growls, "For Fates Sake - are we DONE here?!?!"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#205 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex holds up the bowl to give to whoever if he had it.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#206 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Salana "If you are to save me you must hurry to the ocean. I won't survive much longer in freshwater."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Bluehorse »

ooc: in the interest of expediency...

Emma dumps some salt into the fish bowl hoping to better simulate the brine of the ocean and buy them some time. She stashes the remainder in her pack and waves to the others. "Come on! Let's move! The fates willing, we can make it to the docks in time to save Salana."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#209 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "Good job Emma. Let's get a move on. Put your weapons away my friends." Abrex stows his and helps those up that need it and then follow along quickly catching up to Jamal. Worried about on lookers Abrex tells Jamal,"Pick a secluded spot on the beach my friend. Best to help the Fates favor us this day."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#210 Post by GreyWolfVT »

To Free a Talking Fish...
pardon my haste here I would like to provide more time for others to post but I'm moving this forward a step.

The group with haste heads back out the way they got to the room with the window to the alley, Salana in the bowl of artificial sea water and makes for the ocean despite some of the group questioning the reward and legitimacy of returning the fish to the fisherman or freeing it in the ocean as Salana has requested begged almost. Making way back to the ocean you make it with out any issues or encounters. Returning Salana to the natural sea water she transforms into her natural form. Salana's natural form is that of a human female from the waist up and that of a fish with ruby colored scales from the waist down. Salana is strikingly beautiful, with sea-green eyes and flame-red hair.
Salana.JPG
Salana.JPG (43.1 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Salana "This is my natural form. I thank you for freeing me. Now I can return home, though it was my own adventurous desires that got me caught in that net. I don't know much about you above sea dwellers but that man meant to sell me as food. I don't like that one bit. I'm sorry I could not show my true form as I am young for my kind and can only do so in the sea. I was stuck in my fish form until returned to the sea. My ability to transform is meager I can only change my forms when in the sea." she demonstrates by changing form into that of a young human female about the age of a 17 year old, albeit briefly she is still just as beautiful in human form. Though you notice she does not try to cover up her bare body and doesn't even act like being naked matters. Changing back to her natural form once more she continues her tale. "As I promised reward I shall for saving my life." she reaches into her belt of purple sea shells around her waist and produces a spell book. "For those of you that know magic I can let you copy my spells as a form of gratitude." the spellbook contains a few spells: charm person, friends, light, sea sight, fog cloud, mirror image, and converse with sea creatures.

"If you will wait here I will return with the other part of my gift." she submerges into the sea and swims away her. She returns with a kelp-wrapped bundle containing dozens of mussels, from a local oyster bed. Before leaving, she names a place familiar to the group where they can come and look for her, should they need her help in the future. "ill get back to you with the name of the location to find her again.

The group gets 3,200 XP as a story award for successfully completing the adventure. This is to be divided among the party as for the mussels you can decide if you wish to give those to the fisherman Babazadeh.

Anything further can be posted here I'll start on setting up the second adventure thread.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#211 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris AC 0 HP 11

"We are happy that you are safely in the sea/ocean. The fisherman was simply trying to feed his family and we humans unfortunately eat fish. I am glad the fates brought us together. Perhaps in the future you would join me for a more enjoyable tour of our city",ask Abrex as he bows. Here is a gift that may keep you from getting caught in a net again. Abrex offers his boot knife to the mermaid.

Once they have parted ways Abrex asks to examine the mussels as he suspects they may be more than what meets the eye.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal waves off as Salana disappears into the ocean. Happy that the mermaid is now free the little sha'ir congratulates his fellow companions. He watches eagerly as the mussels are schucked.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#213 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "Someone with a knife may want to shuck these mussels."

GreyWolfVT

#214 Post by GreyWolfVT »

After shucking the mussels, the group discovers a total of 11 pearls (1 worth 500 gp, 2 worth 100 gp, 8 worth 50 gp.)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem smiled and waved as Salana swam away and pulled his Dirk out and shucked the mussels, finding the pearls. When completed, he suggests; "Well, I say we sell the two expensive ones and split the money equally among us and each of us gets a 'lesser' pearl to keep; what say you all?"

He adds, "As I already stated, I'll give the fisherman a purse of coins myself to compensate him"....

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#216 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex nods yes

GreyWolfVT

#217 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Later it is revealed to the party that the crazy old lady (Kadiga) was actually a polymorphed adult silat. Though now she considers Emma, Dubb and Jamal her friends.

The Location that Salana mentions you can find her at if you ever need her help is the beach near the Gate of Dragons (Area 15 on the map of Muluk)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Bluehorse »

OOC: Wow!

Emma Springdawning

Happily, waves goodbye to their new friend and is ecstatic to see the pearls that are revealed. She has a sudden thought and voices it to the group. "I think we need to consider something. Fate brought the fish to Babazadeh, which in turn brought us to the Bazaar today. We wouldn't have this fortune without him as much as anything. Let's sell the pearls and split it into equal shares among ourselves and the fisherman, or his family if the case is such. Fate smiles on charity in either case. Besides, we have quite a nice meal here to enjoy for our troubles."

OOC: If this english teacher's math is right that should be about 122gp and change for each of us 8 adventurers and the fisherman's family, too.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#219 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex finishes one of the Oysters,"Wow that was nice and fresh. Some lemon and sauce would be a nice finish. As for the pearls We can split it however as long as the fisherman gets something for his troubles. I agree with Emma and I have been from the start wanting to make sure the fisherman's family was taken care of. Whether that is us giving some from our shares or his own share I'm ok either way. For that matter I may give him some of my share even if he gets his own share. The Fates have smiled on us today and the fates will soon shine on him too."

Perhaps we can all take an even share amount 120 gp and the fisherman and family gets the rest?

Return to “Archive”